Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2021, 06:59 PM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS - "Face the Strange" (19.05) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Oct 18th @ 9PM)

NCIS 19.05 - "Face The Strange"
Original Airdate: October 18, 2021 @ 9PM

x

Episode Summary
The NCIS team investigates the death of a Navy commander whose body suddenly
explodes before Jimmy can examine it.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread
Old 10-17-2021, 02:44 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread.

Wonder if this is the first episode without Gibbs or if we will still see or at least hear something from him...
Case sounds interesting too.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 01:05 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I think that we'll hear about Gibbs, just like Tony is/was mentioned every now & then...
Old 10-17-2021, 11:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by florerr (View Post)
I think that we'll hear about Gibbs, just like Tony is/was mentioned every now & then...
I hope so
Old 10-19-2021, 01:28 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

This was a really nice episode. Interesting case, few much needed discussions... And Ducky was also back helping out Palmer, and giving him advise on how to get used to the changes...

We had that short Gibbs mention too...
Old 10-19-2021, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked it. A very good episode. Acknowledgement of all the changes, and especially Gibbs. And goes directly at why McGee was not given the title. Although I could tell him that Gibbs let it consume him for a reason, so McGee did not have to let him it consume. Sure the cases can go all night if allowed too, but he has a home life that Gibbs was not able to have...

But McGee does not want to be the guy...

I liked that they showed Parker was not a Gibbs 2.0. He's talkative, and he's into tech. Almost to a level that McGee is, maybe not, but he's knowledgable.

Yes, I liked how Palmer was reacting, and thankfully had Ducky in person to talk him through it.

I even liked Kasie basically threatening Parker about you do things in the future if the life of the team is being threatened.

Very much back to the model of the show. So, I like it and hope it continues.

I like Parker's realizing that this team is a lot more fun than the FBI.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually really liked the episode. I wasn't sure how it would be without Gibbs, but ended up really liking it. I think Parker will be a nice addition.

Everything that I would have touched on has already been said.

I thought it was funny that the guy found the lady he was looking for right in the squad room funny twist.
Old 10-20-2021, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There was the right about humor. But still serious at looking at the aftermath of the leadership change.

I can see why Nick was so on the edge. He had just lost Bishop. One more change. And having to adjust to someone new.

You know he was on edge, for going off like that at Vance. He has too much to know that is acceptable.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed on both. Torres was definitely edge, like you said - too much change at once for him.
Old 10-20-2021, 01:55 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I liked the fact that they haven't ignored the changes, but embraced them... If that makes sense...
Old 10-24-2021, 01:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
I liked it. A very good episode. Acknowledgement of all the changes, and especially Gibbs. And goes directly at why McGee was not given the title. Although I could tell him that Gibbs let it consume him for a reason, so McGee did not have to let him it consume. Sure the cases can go all night if allowed too, but he has a home life that Gibbs was not able to have...

But McGee does not want to be the guy...

I liked that they showed Parker was not a Gibbs 2.0. He's talkative, and he's into tech. Almost to a level that McGee is, maybe not, but he's knowledgable.

Yes, I liked how Palmer was reacting, and thankfully had Ducky in person to talk him through it.

I even liked Kasie basically threatening Parker about you do things in the future if the life of the team is being threatened.

Very much back to the model of the show. So, I like it and hope it continues.

I like Parker's realizing that this team is a lot more fun than the FBI.

Agree with everything you've said here.

Hadn't expected to like Parker when he had been introduced, but now he really seems to fit into the team and he realized what Kasie had wanted to tell him with her threat right away.
Really good episode. Hope they continue like this.
Old 01-09-2022, 12:33 AM
Graphics Team Manager

A good episode. It seemed like a strong one which is good being that first one without Gibbs.

Loved Palmer/Ducky working together again. Didn't know I needed to see that again until I did. I think that was well placed to help remind fans what they love about the show & give them some familiarity amongst the changes.

It was good that Kasie already addressed that Parker may have tried to reason with the guy holding a sharp implement to her neck. Get that out of the way so he knows where she stands about it. & that the team is a shoot first & have each other's back, ask questions later type of team.

The moments discussing who should take over & why McGee didn't want it were good too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-09-2022, 02:21 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Yeah, Parker referring to Fornell was obvious

I agree that it was a good & strong episode
Old 01-11-2022, 12:12 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I'm glad the first no-Gibbs episode was strong & look forward to seeing what the other episodes have in store for me

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread