Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2019, 05:52 PM
Graphics Team Manager
the fight never ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
I am not sure if Gibbs is headed for a major breakdown since he's long seen dead people LOL. Since early on when he hasn't experienced as much loss as he has now... It seems to allow him to voice his thoughts...
I still say its different this time. At least from what I remember we've never had him actually having a conversation with dead people in front of others & having them realise he's talking to himself or hallucinating. He just sees them like memories or its used to help set a scene & play the episode a certain way (like in Swan Song). This time felt different & while it may be nothing it seems concerning that he'd be breaking down & then seeing ghosts. That's not to say he is headed for a major breakdown, but it could mean that something isn't right & he needs help. Needing help & talking to a psychologist isn't the same as having a major breakdown & doesn't mean someone is or will or has had a major breakdown & it also doesn't mean that someone has to retire. In fact if he is getting help wouldn't that actually hint towards him being able to do his job & work through his issues? If the show chooses to address that then why does that mean he's headed for a major breakdown or its his endgame?

Then I'm not sure if you can compare the two shows as they've got different writers (that & whatever NOLA is doing with Pride is just weird)

Chelle » join GTmy articon
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
I still say its different this time. At least from what I remember we've never had him actually having a conversation with dead people in front of others & having them realise he's talking to himself or hallucinating. He just sees them like memories or its used to help set a scene & play the episode a certain way (like in Swan Song). This time felt different & while it may be nothing it seems concerning that he'd be breaking down & then seeing ghosts. That's not to say he is headed for a major breakdown, but it could mean that something isn't right & he needs help. Needing help & talking to a psychologist isn't the same as having a major breakdown & doesn't mean someone is or will or has had a major breakdown & it also doesn't mean that someone has to retire. In fact if he is getting help wouldn't that actually hint towards him being able to do his job & work through his issues? If the show chooses to address that then why does that mean he's headed for a major breakdown or its his endgame?
True. It might be set up or it's just the fact the show has gone so long, and has so much backstory that they wanted to do a series of episodes dealing with his rule "never get personally involved" when that is the rule that is broken almost every week LOL.

And then have it comes as he's facing the weight of his killing of Pedro. Who he has said in the past said he's doesn't regret killing but keeps coming up and wrecking his current life...

Or seeing and also talking with Diane, in the presence of Fornell. Well Fornell also has a history with, and it brought up humor in a tense situation in that he thinks Gibbs is cracking up. It brings Diane into help Fornell...

It's a very weird dynamic so it could be leading to something but I just think it might be a quirk that always been present since early on...

And led to a gotcha with Ziva and we spend all summer deciding whether she is real or hallicination LOL.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top