Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2021, 11:32 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Spoiler:

Hope tomorrow is a better work day & the meeting goes well . Sounds good if they're close to hiring someone else & are asking for feedback on where that support is needed the most

No idea what the weather is doing here. But at least with rain the ground isn't as dry as it has been so that's good. May help during fire season

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-24-2021, 02:31 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Spoiler:

The meeting went fine, it was a really short 15-20 min meeting, I just got the overview of what I'm getting involved too... Actually knowing what all that entails will be only in December...

The rest of my day was a rush, I'm still the acting deputy outbound manager for 4 more work days, running around, booking in pallets, figuring out the capacity etc...

Hope that you're both having a good week so far!

Steph, if I forget, Happy pre-Thanksgiving!!
Old 11-24-2021, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Spoiler:

Sounds like another busy day Hanna!

Thanks! I think tomorrow will be good. It's kind of a 4 day weekend for me even though I will have to work Friday. For a change I have absolutely nothing to do so it will be an easy day (hopefully!). Just clearing out emails and other stuff I haven't been able to do since last year
Old 11-25-2021, 02:59 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Spoiler:

Lately, all I have are busy days... Today wasn't any better... I'm counting on the outbound manager coming back next Thursday for some version of normality to re-appear

Enjoy Steph! Hopefully it's going to be really quite work for you on Friday.
Old 11-25-2021, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

A lot of busy for me recently.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-25-2021, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad to hear you have some things figured out Hanna.

Sorry your day was so busy again Hanna. Hopefully you will get a break soon.

Thanks I really hope so!

Sorry to hear so busy for you as well Leigh.
Old 11-26-2021, 12:54 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Sorry yesterday I was exhausted after work & my internet was being a pest so I just gave up on posting.

Spoiler:

Hope the busy days settle for you both soon!

Hope you have an easy Friday at work Steph

Think I might start putting up my Christmas lights over the weekend... unless it keeps raining all weekend

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-26-2021, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Steph, you have a working avatar
I know it was random...

I hope that it's good busy, Leigh

It seems that for now things are figured out... I'm sorry for venting so much, I just needed a place to express my thoughts...

It's finally weekend! Which is wonderful after the crazy-busy week I had.. Me & my manager shipped around 200 pallets in total in 4 days...

Chelle, Christmas decorating sounds nice... I will also need to figure out the Christmas decorations & gift buying soon too... Especially that shipping to the UK is always a challenge
Old 11-26-2021, 07:19 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Its what we're/the thread is here for

That's a lot of pallets

Just finished off my Christmas shopping (I hope). I hate shopping at this time with people everywhere. Will start putting up some lights this afternoon

Good luck Christmas shopping when you start

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-27-2021, 03:37 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I know And I appreciate it!

It is
Shipping & booking pallets would be fine, if I wouldn't have other responsibilities too that no one is taking care of while I'm "busy with the pallets"...

Oh, I'm only planning to do online Christmas shopping... No way that I'm going out to do actually shop-to-shop gift buying...

Chelle, I hate shopping during Christmas too...
Old 11-27-2021, 04:59 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah, true. It would be all the other things you have to do that also take up time & keep you busy. How much longer are you doing multiple jobs (or the work of multiple people I should say)?

Fair enough. That makes sense. I prefer to shop in stores & I hate paying postage.

Too many people suddenly needing to buy things. Although probably my fault also to go out this weekend - we have sales inspired by the US Black Friday ones. That may have encouraged more people out.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-27-2021, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, thankfully I had an easy day yesterday. I was bored for hours but finally got focused and cleaned out my email

Yup, finally have an avatar

Glad things are figured out Hanna

Good luck with the Christmas shopping!
Old 11-28-2021, 02:36 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Steph

How much longer?... That's a good question...

On Thursday the outbound manager is supposed to be back, if he doesn't need to quarantine after his travels... So "just" 3 more days... But on the other hand the one-man-department, where I'm going to work partially with the new contract, the guy went on a 2 week holiday - however, I have at least 2 shipments to arrange on his/the department's behalf without actual proper training... I mean, I know what I'm doing, it's more like I've never done it before, and would have loved to have some input on how it's normally done...

The good thing is that we're getting not one, but 2 new part-timers to the office, which means that the customer/department complaints will be handled by someone else, and I'm hoping that I can "get rid of" the scale calibration before the end of year as welll...

Chelle, Black Friday has that effect on everyone

I always try to buy enough stuff to avoid the courier charges

Yesterday I had my last driving lesson for the year, I was advised to take on 5-6 more lessons in total, to prepare me to the exam... Which is fine, driving in the pre-Christmas/post Black Friday madness was kinda stressful, but at least I was finally driving on the highway...
Old 11-28-2021, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am glad you are getting more help now at your job Hanna

Good your driving lessons are over for the most part. Hopefully you can get those other lessons in that was suggested you take.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:12 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That makes sense to do that. I only buy for my parents & sister so usually don't spend enough to qualify for free shipping. Some places don't have free shipping either unfortunately.

At least you're getting more people in to help out but still sounds like you're doing multiple people's jobs. Silly you won't be shown how to do that job how it is normally done first, even if you can do it

Nice that you've been given an idea on how many more lessons you're likely to need I'm sure that was busy & stressful to drive through Good practice though & nice to get on the highway too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Closed Thread   Post New Thread