Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2021, 05:10 PM
Graphics Team Manager

My previous centre didn't even cover breaks properly in general. They would leave people out of ratio because children were asleep & use "under roof rstio" which isn't how it should be used or safe for the children. One day I split my break in half because it wasn't covered properly so no I don't think based at least from that there would be the same support.

Sounds like you are at least getting through it all but sounds exhausting . Shame about the heating too Hope they can sort that out soon! At least there is warmth in the office. That is something. Hope the rest of the week is less exhausting

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-10-2021, 02:32 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I doubt that there would have been any support in a similar position

I doubt that I will be able to catch up with everything before Friday, but getting there... It's just really exhausting to navigate... Actually, I doubt that things will slow down in the coming weeks, as I will be "taking over" for the outbound manager, while he will be on holiday for 2.5 weeks...

But yes, things are starting to get slightly more organized

Lately, I haven't watched much from the franchise except for NCIS, maybe, once I am done with the re-watch of The Mentalist I will start catching up with the franchise
Old 11-10-2021, 11:32 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That's a shame you don't think you'll catch up & you're only going to get more things to do That does not sound like it will slow down at all for now, no

Rainy afternoon . Meant to be hot & rainy tomorrow too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-11-2021, 02:37 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Things are at least shifting... My manager got the full-time contract approved by everyone - including USA - he was joking that he needs to rewrite my contract "again".. since it hasn't even been 6 months since the last one

I'm basically "hired" to fix all the outbound transportations & be "the person" who is in contact with the various transport companies... Since I always seem to manage to get things done... More like learnt how to communicate with the external contacts in terms that they can also understand.

Rainy, but with high humidity I guess That can be almost as bad as full on heat with almost no clouds on the sky...

Tomorrow is finally Friday

Tomorrow is scales & complaints resolving day... It will has to be, as I am truly behind with those 2 things...
Old 11-12-2021, 12:12 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Glad your contract has been approved by everyone . Sounds like a deserved position

No rain currently, just overnight. So hot & humid day Still hot now & its just after 6pm My phone tells me it is still over 30 degrees

Hope your Friday goes well & you can catch up a bit on those two things

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-12-2021, 02:48 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

It is a good thing! Though I may go crazy with trying to coordinate all the transportations in the beginning... I just need plans & schedules to be able to arrange everything in advance... The guy- the other, one man department - is notorious for having everything only planned in his head...

Chelle That doesn't sound like nice summer weather... Especially that it's only the beginning of the summer period for you - like June for us ..

I managed to catch up on those 2 things, and starting Monday I will take on the "outbound shipping manager" role just as well for the coming 2.5 weeks... Minus the reach truck driving, pallet scaling & pallet wrapping... Just the thought of it makes me exhausted, but I will get through it...
Old 11-12-2021, 09:04 PM
Graphics Team Manager

ugh having it planned in someone's head doesn't help other people
Good luck Having systems/schedules in place sound like a good idea

Glad you caught up on those two things

Technically still spring & still giving us a taste of heat Don't appreciate it. Hope it won't be a hot summer
At least today is cooler. Very windy though.

hmm no episode threads to start this week. All three shows are off this week, then only LA is on next weeks as the other two shows have two weeks off.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-13-2021, 03:21 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Nope... But I am sure that he will realize that it's better for everyone if he shares the plans etc with me... Otherwise I wouldn't get the job offer...

Thanks! I still haven't caught up with everything, but getting there...

Right, Nov equals May & vice versa... Fingers crossed that it won't be a hot summer, and there won't be any wildfires...

It calls for rewatching an older episode/season...
Old 11-13-2021, 07:04 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Hopefully he does

There will be fires, there's always fires. But hopefully it won't be bad. Although I don't think we've had anything yet so maybe that's a good sign ...

I still need to watch Hawaii from last week so I should at least catch up with that

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-14-2021, 02:40 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Hopefully the fires will be minimal...

That sounds like a good plan. I just finished rewatching The Mentalist... Which means that I need to look for a good show once again to watch... I mean, I could watch a Turkish rom-com series with Hungarian dub... But I don't want to go through all the rollercoaster episodes, I'm only planning to tune in to the last 20 or so episodes...

Btw my driving wasn't postponed yesterday - I even managed to properly reverse parallel park 1.5 times... But learning to park properly is mentally taxing... I only have 3 more hours booked in... I have all of them booked in 2-weeks time, as I want to avoid dragging out the last few booked in lessons... The covid regulations are once again getting more strict...

Also my oldest sister called us earlier today to tell us that both her & the husband just had covid - they were lucky to only go through the virus as if it would had been just the flu/influenza...

Anyways, have a good start to the week everyone!
Old 11-14-2021, 10:08 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Glad you didn't get postponed . Sounds like it is going well. Hope the 3 more hours help make parking less mentally taxing

Shame about covid/covid restrictions

Oh no. Glad they didn't have it too bad, that's something

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-15-2021, 02:28 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

It is going well... It just takes lots of concentration for now... But I will get there, and probably having 3 hours booked on days right after each other will help too...

As long as they're just minor restrictions and nothing close to a lockdown, I don't care that much... Just hope that covid will soon end, or become just a yearly thing...

Exactly. Thank god that they had "just" the flu version, especially that neither of them got vaccinated (yet)...

Monday done, only 3 more days to go... As I'm flying on Friday... Today wasn't so bad, I'm actually almost caught up with everything, hope it stays like this for the rest of the day.

How's your week so far?
Old 11-16-2021, 12:31 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I think not having the long wait between should help . It is more fresh in your mind & you have less things to clutter your mind between so you can just focus on the bits you need to improve

Yeah I hope that covid just starts dying down & the restrictions can be lifted or just that minor yearly type thing

Oh wow that is even better they just had the flu version while not vaccinated

Sounds good about your week & being caught up almost Hope it stays that way

My week is ok. Had dinner with my family last night after not seeing them for a few weeks. Have a staff meeting tomorrow night which I'm not necessarily looking forward to but we're hoping we can use it to ask for some more resources which would be good

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-16-2021, 02:48 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Staff meeting... At least it's not done through Zoom, right?

Thanks I'm sure that having the lessons right after the other will help...

It sounds like that you're having a good week so far

Today wasn't so bad either, I did quite a lot of running around to ensure that I did my job & the outbound manager's job as well... Who's on holiday until Dec 3rd... Basically I'm trying to micro-manage everything, and send out as many pallets as I can through the "door", more like gate.. Going to be totally exhausted by the end of the 2.5 weeks... But that's okay
Old 11-16-2021, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am back!

I tried to read through what I missed but kind of lost track

I can't believe we are half way through this week already!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread