Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2021, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I have a schedule for almost every day, or at least I know what needs to be done, so that always help... But yes, I keep counting the days, and I actually keep a tab of every day per work week... Today was my 122nd day working for this company, and the 35th week in a row

Chelle, the Mentalist is a pretty amazing show minus the Red John parts, but that's only 10 episodes out of 100 & some I highly recommend it to watch, and also it features an Aussie, without the Aussie accent, protagonist just as well

Yeah, that's what I've read about Dyson's character... Even what I've seen from s6, it felt like that Bo just kept stringing anyone & everyone along for the journey, even if she has officially chosen Lauren over anyone else...

Today was exhausting... I ended up booking in 45 pallets going to & coming from the UK with the paperwork and everything ...
Old 08-31-2021, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry today was so busy for your Hanna. Only one more day this week, right?
Old 09-01-2021, 01:18 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Nope, this week is 5 days

And I feel like crap, most likely flu
I can't even drink coffee as it already made me puke... And I have almost no voice but other than that all is good
Old 09-01-2021, 02:31 AM
Graphics Team Manager

oh no Hope you feel better soon Hanna

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-01-2021, 12:19 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Thanks

Maybe tomorrow will be better... I'm actually starting at the running nose phase now... And will drink onion tea tomorrow at work...

I've also learnt my lesson that I need to stay away from coffee until my health is 100 % back to normal...

I've probably reached my limit with exhausting myself last week with the 3-hour sleep-work day I had, and then stressing about work & the driving theory exam... But I'll be better...

Regardless, I'm not staying home. I prefer to work instead of being home and not being able to relax.

I hope that everyone is having a less eventful week than I have so far
Old 09-02-2021, 02:12 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Hopefully you will feel better tomorrow (or are feeling better... time differences are confusing) Hope the onion tea is helping too

Could be you were run down & open to infection

I can understand that. Not always the best choice but sometimes it is easier

My state government has mandated the vaccine for my teachers & educators . They've given them 8 weeks to be fully vaccinated despite the 12 weeks recommended between doses for AZ. My second dose appointment just misses the cut off as it is 5 days later

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-02-2021, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh no, sorry it's a 5 day week for you and are sick as well now! get better soon

At least it is only 5 days instead of a couple of weeks Chelle!
Old 09-02-2021, 01:44 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Chelle, when you wrote last that was around 11 am this morning (Thursday) for me...

But today wasn't so bad, at least my voice has mostly returned... I drank close to one litre of onion tea in 6 hours... It still tastes horrible, but did the trick... I'm getting better & both my nose & throat is starting to clear up...

But working with flu definitely sucks...

12 weeks... :O Hopefully, the AZ vaccines will still work properly, at least your state government is finally making decisions...
Old 09-02-2021, 02:48 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I made a post but then I deleted it as I think it was worded as an attack unintentionally. I'm annoyed at the government still. Sorry about that
My state government has always been making decisions, just some may be a little too slow or may not have been the best in the situation. It isn't their fault when it comes to the vaccine rollout either necessarily, as they've got to answer to the federal government who hasn't been able to secure enough. Many are not vaccinated yet because they haven't been able to get in or have had appointments cancelled because the vaccine shipments were sent back down to Sydney. There are also some who are waiting for more evidence on what this vaccine does to individuals of various situations which I can respect (E.G. women breastfeeding, pregnant women, women trying to get pregnant). While I think that vaccination is the answer, I respect that people have the right to choose what goes into their body & when. Even I will be going to try get my vaccination at 12 weeks still & not be forced to move it up if what I've read about AZ is correct (that it effectiveness decreases the closer the gap between doses).

I figured it was more 'today' than 'tomorrow' when I posted . Glad you're feeling a bit better & onion tea is helping . Hope you're feeling 100% again soon. Sounds like you will be though

Working with any illness sucks

Yeah I am lucky it is just the 5 days Steph People forced to have 8 weeks between however I'm concerned for. Hopefully most people can get Pfizer instead of AZ but it is a lot harder to get Pfizer which is why I gave up waiting for it

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-03-2021, 11:58 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Chelle You have a right to be pissed at your state government, even if they're at least finally doing something...

You're just 12 or 13 hours before me, so when you're posting around or after your lunch time that's my morning of the same day, and when you post the next morning your time that's usually still the same day for me, as most of the time you post before midnight my time... And I know how confusing that sounds...

Today was better, but mainly because it was finally Friday and I will be off on Monday for a change... I'm still sick, but yellowish orange turned green mucus is coming out of me, which means that my body is finally winning! Now it's just a matter of sleeping enough during the weekend, not over-exhausting myself and trying to study from bed for the theory exam as much as possible... Nothing too difficult

Happy weekend to everyone!
Old 09-03-2021, 07:08 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I'm still not quite sure what you mean about my state finally doing something? They've always been doing things. Every state leader in my country has been making decisions, & generally ignoring the PM who's an idiot at times, trying to keep covid contained & trying to encourage people to get vaccinated. There is more of an issue with inconsistent decision making as she was stricter with her lockdown just before Christmas than she was this time around. Then all the people who can't just stay home who are spreading things. Unfortunately no one can control them as even the threat of being fined if caught isn't stopping them.

I know that 90% of the time I post & it is your morning as most of the time I am posting it is after work. My comment was more in relation to you saying something about feeling better tomorrow & I agreed with it, but then changed it as it would've been tomorrow to you. Generally if you're having a conversation with someone you're going to say yes hopefully it will be tomorrow. But in a case like on a forum by the time someone is responding that 'tomorrow' may be now. I wasn't necessarily confused by the time difference itself, more that the conversation becomes a little confusing as you change terms as time passes (plus for me both posts were within the one day but you would've been talking about my today when you said tomorrow)

Glad you're progressing to wellness for weekend & time to actually rest. Hope that helps & by Tuesday you're all better
When is your exam?

My visitor at work yesterday:

Not sure how it got into there. I heard a rustling noise as I was heading out there to collect some art the children had done which I'd left in the sun to dry but was not expecting to find a koala walking through the garden then going up a tree. The koala hospital thinks it must live in a tree nearby & walk along the fence. They've been called by the neighbours to come get it out before. That particular area is a patio between our building & the fence you can see & has fences on either side. So it must have walked on the top of the fence then either fell or jumped down when it got to that section. It is lucky it didn't jump on the other side of the fence as there's a dog there. We could hear it barking at the koala & hitting or jumping against the fence.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-04-2021, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far.
I wasn't feeling well yesterday but felling a bit better today.

That is neat (to me anyway!) that you had a koala show up at your work Chelle.
Old 09-06-2021, 01:35 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

sorry for disappearing during the weekend... I had the friving theory exam this morning & with also recovering from the flu... I needed all my energy to prepare & get well, thus, didn't post at all.. But the good news is that I've passed the theory
Old 09-06-2021, 01:43 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I presumed you were recovering . Hope you're feeling better now?

That's exciting news Glad you passed the theory exam!

It was neat to me too Steph

My weekend wasn't really eventful. Yesterday was father's day here but with lockdown most I could do was call my father

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-06-2021, 01:44 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I'm almost there, 90 % back to normal... Actually passing the theory exam helped too

Chelle, all I meant to say that Australia is still in snail-pace with the vaccination plan, not that it's a good idea that in their rush they would ignore the recommended "break" between two doses...

The koala was neat And it was lucky to end up at your workplace, instead of the neighbours...

At least you could call him