Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2020, 01:58 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Christopher Lloyd was amazing!
Old 04-25-2020, 07:38 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Interesting start to a case. Love the confession Gibbs "I don't think he's gonna outrun you Torres"

Sad about Julia dying especially if she was almost going home. Sweet about the grandfater's message on the purple heart

It would be hard/impossible to know all the death counts & dates for every event in every war but I feel for Bishop & Torres being put on the spot like that

Wonder who Gibbs dismissed walking to interrogation...

The poor guy serving under his brother's name. Now I understand why he needs to prove it

The memorial for Pearl Harbour seems so nice (forgive my ignorance, not my country so was never taught about any of it)

Love how Gibbs used how he used to get his father to talk to try get Joe to talk. Pity he saw through it & didn't want to talk. Can't say I blame him for not wanting to & I am sure Gibbs can understand it even if it doesn't help

Nice of the family calling McGee to invite him as apology for the mistype

Everyone coming to watch interrogation

Beautifully done story reveal of an awful moment in time to discuss

I am glad they found the purple heart

Glad it worked out & they proved Joe was on the ship so he could be buried where he wanted & deserved

Gibbs & McGee glad he opened up to someone after all this time

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 12:30 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I was the same about the memorial building... Knew about Pearl Harbor for sure, but not about the memorial itself...
Even my father said that he finally understood what the white building on the ocean was which they always included in the H5O intro...

McGee & the party was a funny side-story! It showed that McGee cares about even random people!
Old 04-26-2020, 01:17 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Oh I don't know about Pearl Harbour itself, not just the memorial. I of course know what happened with it being bombed, but that's about it. But then I'm sure the same could be said of much of what I've learned about Australian involvement in wars & grown up with knowing/learning/hearing about. NCIS for example certainly didn't seem to understand Gallipoli or it felt a bit disrespectful to me when Abby built the diorama of it simply because she was bored & liked the sound of the word Gallipoli. Pearl Harbour sounds like an important thing but it was never covered in my history lessons at school (I only did the mandatory ones, didn't continue studying in the senior years where it may have been taught) so I only know what I've read or heard or seen in things (which I think this episode was the first I've ever seen)

It does but it also felt a little bit too random. I was wondering what its purpose was but it got McGee to be with Gibbs at the right moment to have a wonderful ending of the episode

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-26-2020, 02:20 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I'm sure that Australian history & war involvement wasn't part of my history curriculum...

But I also know that we had to rush through the 20th century during my last year of high school - both on world history events & Hungarian events... I tried to memorize the stories behind the numbers, but it has been 7 years since then...

I have no idea what Gallipoli had to do with Aussie history
Old 04-26-2020, 02:39 AM
Graphics Team Manager

It is hard to capture 'history' in a short period of time. Lots of things get missed out. We didn't really do world history, focused more on Australia. So meant we missed out on a lot, including important things I think everyone should learn about unfortunately. But of course what is important to one country wouldn't necessarily be important to another or mean the same

Gallipoli Campaign / Landing at Anzac Cove - Basically our introduction to war really. Yesterday being the landing anniversary/ANZAC Day has it in my head too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-26-2020, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am sure the history lessons is different everywhere and not all countries pick up on certain events no matter how big they were. I know I don't remember ever learning anything about Australian or Hungarian history when I was in school
Old 04-26-2020, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Makes sense

Hungarian history is mostly painful & way too complex tbh...
Old 04-27-2020, 01:09 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't remember learning American history & if we were going to learn about another country I feel like that would've been the first or second choice & Hungry would be way down on the list

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-27-2020, 01:50 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

And only mentioned as part of the Austrian / German history...