Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2020, 02:08 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I think the dogs were references to Magnum PI actually... Zeus & Apollo
Old 12-22-2020, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I miss those headslaps And the one with the dogs..
Old 12-22-2020, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Those headslaps were fun But it kind of makes sense that we haven't seen any headslap in a while...
Old 12-23-2020, 07:38 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't think we'll see them again but still fun to relive & nice to see Gibbs changing too

Wouldn't be surprised if the dog names were a Magnum reference

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nope, don't think so either. It was just always fun when we did see it. That one above in that gif was one of the best
Old 12-24-2020, 03:25 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

With Probie missing the headslap & Tony being headslapped at the same time...
Old 12-24-2020, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yup
Old 12-25-2020, 03:53 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Priceless
Old 08-05-2023, 06:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Loved their awesome friendship!
Ladybird16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 08:22 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Any favourite moments?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-13-2024, 12:36 AM
Graphics Team Manager

McNozzo talk from a recent interview with Sean Murray
Quote:
Talk about filming that tribute episode as a whole and then also working with Michael again because I loved that little bit at the end.

that was a lot of fun to do, and we actually did a lot of different versions of that last scene. The main parts we had down, but as far as once Michael and I would start doing our thing towards the end and go into the elevator, every time we did it, we were talking about something different. They would just let us ad lib—usually with Michael and I, it’s kind of an old fun thing that we do, and they let us do that. Michael is so terrific about that stuff. I know him so well. We’ve got a shorthand, and it’s fun to do. So it was kind of two-headed thing for me. It was a hard episode to get through, it was a special episode to get through, and then having that moment with Weatherly at the end kind of was just a little cherry on top.

I always loved the Tony and McGee relationship throughout the years, starting off where they were and then seeing how that relationship grew.

Absolutely. And that was something that Michael and I were aware of and we really worked on. We were paired up early when I was in Season 1, but I remember us doing some stuff and him going completely off book and basically doing this wild Bill Murray impression from Caddyshack and the whole thing that he was doing. They printed this shot and said, okay, moving on. I just remember going and sitting in the cast chairs with Michael, and Michael turning to me and he goes, “I think I may get fired. I think I may get fired for what I just did.” [Laughs] Because none of it was in the actual script. And then we got word back that they really liked it and to do more of it. So that was kind of a fun thing. And I don’t want to make it sound like everything Michael and I did was not in the script. Of course that’s not the case, but we kind of added and extrapolated onto that stuff and had a lot of fun, and a lot of that made the show in that first decade.

So having Michael back, I mean, Michael is a lifelong friend. I talk to him all the time. Actually, most of the people that have come through the show I’m very, very close with. But Michael is the guy I’ve been extremely close with and I’ve stayed in touch. We talk at least every month or two. And just knowing that this was going to happen was really cool. And we had talked about just, it’s wild because he hadn’t been here in 10 years, and as soon as he stepped on the stage as Tony doing his thing, it was like it warped me right back to the old Tony-McGee stuff. It just reminded me how much fun it was.

Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-13-2024, 01:41 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

thanka for sharing the interview bits!!

I think I know which scene from s1 was completely Michael

It's so nice to know that they have remained friends in RL as well - and it felt like McBozo as soon as Tony & McGee were talking to each other...
Old 03-13-2024, 10:37 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I do wonder even more now how much of their scenes are scripted or just them Michael I presume they learned early on they could just let him do whatever & see what happens. But then the pair together even from the beginning worked magic & they probably could trust them to just do their thing even if it isn't scripted

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-14-2024, 01:42 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

They probably gave them directions on where the scenes need to go, but probably let them to work out their own way...

... and with these 2 it always worked that way
*we probably won't know how much of them was actually fully scripted... :gome:
Old 03-15-2024, 12:23 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Exactly. Easier that way Plus far better outcomes I'm sure

No we won't, but wouldn't be surprised if there is quite a bit that is unscripted

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread