Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2022, 12:26 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Vanessa Lachey explains why her 7-year-old daughter's reaction to 'NCIS: Hawai'i' made her feel like Wonder Woman

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Thanks for the article
Old 12-18-2022, 01:53 AM
Elite Fan

Just doing another rewatch of Hawaii Five-0.
In season 1 (that was 2010) Vanessa played one of the bad guys involved in kidnapping, ransom and murder.
11 years later she is the leader of NCIS Hawaii. That is quite the career.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 02:04 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Guess we're meant to forget the two shows are in the same universe technically since LA & Hawaii crossed over

Nice you found/saw her in something else. Nice, would be different seeing her play the bad guy compared to her role on NCIS.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-18-2022, 07:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)

Nice you found/saw her in something nice. Would be different seeing her play the bad guy compared to her role on NCIS.
Either you got me wrong or me you- she was one of the bad guys.
Old 12-18-2022, 11:48 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

That's fine that she was a bad guy in H5O over a decade ago

She had quite the makeover since then

We've already known that they don't necessarily care who guest starred in one show just to get a more permanent role at the other show which is in the same universe
Old 12-18-2022, 12:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by florerr (View Post)
We've already known that they don't necessarily care who guest starred in one show just to get a more permanent role at the other show which is in the same universe
That is true. On the other hand it would have been mean to deny her that role because she had been a guest star somewhere else - ten years ago.
Old 12-18-2022, 12:07 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwanda (View Post)
Either you got me wrong or me you- she was one of the bad guys.
I think you are the one misunderstanding, sorry. I definitely knew what you said.
I was saying it would be different & nice to see her play the bad guy. I think because my sentence lost a word. I will edit my post to fix it. Sorry about that, was clearly typing faster than my brain or was too tired to think properly

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-18-2022, 12:09 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Agreed. She's perfect for the role of Jane, it's just a funny coincidence that she "has a past" already on the islands

But at least it's been 10/15 years ago, so no one - unless rewatching H5O & following Hawai'i - should recognize her from her H5O guest role...

(Same as how Vyto (Arkady) was in the NCIS backdoor episode and then became Arkad in LA almost a decade later)
Old 12-18-2022, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for clarifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
Sorry about that, was clearly typing faster than my brain or was too tired to think properly
No problem. i know what you mean. Happens to me too.
Old 12-18-2022, 11:18 PM
Graphics Team Manager

They've certainly had worse actors reappearing in different roles. For me I don't think actors should be denied roles, however the people casting should be mindful of reusing actors when they've played a significant role on a show or want them to play a significant role on a show when the shows are within the same franchise. Especially when not much time has passed. Universe is harder. Especially when say it is H50 & Hawaii, or H50 & NCIS even with Katrina Law. Their connection is both through LA, from a crossover early on in both of their runs. Vanessa's roles are quite far apart too which helps. Katrina's were a lot closer but at least until now, LA & NCIS hadn't connected in years. LA & H50 even longer. It isn't like Katrina appeared in the LA/H50 crossovers either.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-19-2022, 01:40 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

It was definitely a lot more difficult to get used to Katrina moving away from H5O and gaining a new personality

With Vanessa luckily it's more of a coincidence, but not something fresh in people's mind...

(oh, I know the worst recast was probably having the actress who played Jeanne appear in NCIS LA later on as a completely different character... )
Old 12-19-2022, 05:40 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That & the actress who played Diana appeared on NOLA as someone else

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-20-2022, 01:02 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

yeah, that was a close second

But back to Vanessa & Jane : she's a great lead for Hawai'i... even if I've hardly seen anything from the show, but I still consider her a good fit.
Old 12-21-2022, 12:21 AM
Graphics Team Manager

She's done well

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread