Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2021, 01:53 PM
Master Fan

Same thoughts.

It sounds like that they have thought about how they want to continue & evolve...

Spoiler:
Old 09-19-2021, 10:13 PM
Graphics Team Manager

My point was more in regard to how they seemed to be hinting towards an ending of late. But part of that is speculation & stories people are making up (E.G. Mark's departure). Then I also didn't know what they were trying to tell me in the special features.

It is nice to know that they've got lots of plans for more stories

Spoiler:
Chelle » join GTmy artFBIL&O
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 12:01 PM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

It's always annoying when speculation takes over that doesn't have a basis in truth. Makes your head spin with what's actually confirmed and what's just really persistent rumours.

Always nice to know there'll be more to come!
Old 09-20-2021, 01:07 PM
Master Fan

Speculation can be good up to an extent, but can be also poisonous & hard to overcome at times... It's good that they have more stories to tell...

Spoiler:
Old 09-20-2021, 08:10 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I found more speculation - if you look at the new promo pic of NCIS there is a figure in the door who you can't see the face of. People think it is a hunt of Tony/Michael returning

Speculation can be good, other times it is just a pain. It didn't help that NCIS bosses were all silent on Emily's departure so all the fan base had was speculation & people jumping to conclusions. Then Gibbs not being on the team was an obvious jump to make & we were given no evidence otherwise

Agreed with what is in your tags Hanna
Old 09-21-2021, 09:50 AM
Moderator Support Team
I put a spell on you

My Art Thread *updated 10/17
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Unavailable.

BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 12:13 PM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Yes, there is a place and time for speculation and it can be a good way to build up the hype for the new season but it's very easy to go overboard

I saw something about that shadowy figure being mentioned as well, I wonder if anyone's guessed it right so far

Yeah, unfortunately that video doesn't seem to load
Old 09-21-2021, 01:31 PM
Elite Fan

I feel Bishop's exit came late in the season. The show did not even know it until it happened, because the finale rang like the "start" of the story. Not the end. Then Emily goes on-line and says it's a wrap. Because they did not really do anything with "her training" until the finale.

Of course last season had a lot of upheavel due to Co-vid shooting. Departures. And less episodes. So they did what they could.

But yeah it's led to a lot of speculation because they do not talk.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 01:42 PM
Graphics Team Manager

They never confirmed it or have said anything about her departure until they started talking about the new season recently. That is all I was talking about, not the episode itself. Emily made that tweet & the speculation & questioning if it is true, why, & what it means started. Meanwhile NCIS bosses remained quiet. Official NCIS pages remained quiet. She got no goodbye. One can only speculate when given puzzle pieces.

I presume she decided late which is why the episode was what it was but there was some lead up to it I noticed. They at least would have had time to tell people before or just after the episode aired though. Not just leave it on Emily.
Old 09-21-2021, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I haven't even watched those last episodes. Not sure I'm ready for Bishop to go.

BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 06:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
They never confirmed it or have said anything about her departure until they started talking about the new season recently. That is all I was talking about, not the episode itself. Emily made that tweet & the speculation & questioning if it is true, why, & what it means started. Meanwhile NCIS bosses remained quiet. Official NCIS pages remained quiet. She got no goodbye. One can only speculate when given puzzle pieces.

I presume she decided late which is why the episode was what it was but there was some lead up to it I noticed. They at least would have had time to tell people before or just after the episode aired though. Not just leave it on Emily.
It's possible, it was decided late. Maybe even after they designed the episode. Because it felt like the beginning of a story. And given they were probably negotiating about continuing the show, Mark's availability.

But they were very quiet last season. Never really discussing anything. Even with all the speculation about Mark. Probably was a hard season to get through.

It felt so rush. Yeah, suddenly there was the shift for Bishop that made no sense. Very little warning.

So, people were speculating after the show, and then Emily goes online and says it's a good-bye.

Hard to know.
Old 09-22-2021, 12:14 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Even decided late, they had the time, but they chose to remain silent. They had a tough season & there already was speculation floating around, but they still could've confirmed or had a message wishing her well.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if she was on the fence so they gave her a storyline that possibly would write her out, then decided after filming finished. But there were hints that she was in a crossroads in at least the previous episode if not the one before so they were leading up to something. Be it a storyline she disappears in or her departure

They had been setting up Odette's training for a while
Old 09-22-2021, 06:49 AM
Elite Fan

True. Although there was no real hints she was training after the beginning of the story when Odette first showed up with Ziva. Of course they had to deal with supercharged year. Covid, and a lot was going on.

Until we got the last episode or two. I think they laid it out in case the contract was not renewed, to have an out.

But yeah, they did not do a lot of talking last season. We knew Sloane was leaving (or anyone who knew of casting and spoilers), but Breena, and then Emily Fornell was a shot out of the blue.

Unless they wanted the building up for Gibbs to snap, so they could lessen Mark's work load as they were renewing the show, and talking to Mark.

To show how it might go if they did not have any or a lot less Gibbs around.

It was just a surprise because normally they leak if contracts are up, or are being negotiating, and even if Emily seven years contract was up for renewal, the media was just as surprised as fans.

Usually they are in the know LOL.

NCIS was very tightlipped last season. Even for them.
Old 09-22-2021, 01:27 PM
Graphics Team Manager

There were hints about her training ever since the offer. It was not simply just the last two episodes. Some may be a line or two so may be easier to miss, but they were there.

If you read the article this conversation started from they comment that people are just speculating about Mark. They seem to disagree with it all. So if that is true, that is one less thing to deal with

Informing about the departures of Breena & Emily Fornell would've been stupid. Especially beforehand. Those were meant to be shocking deaths showcasing how covid has hit the world & changed lives, then how devastating relapse can be (this was confirmed in the special features on the DVD). It also was the set up for Gibbs to snap. The only thing they should have done is told the actress who played Emily Fornell what their plans were since supposedly she also found out when the episode aired

They however could have spent a few seconds retweeting Emily's goodbye post & saying they wish her well. Small thing which acts as a confirmation.
Reply   Post New Thread