Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2021, 07:43 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Bolo: NCIS Franchise News Thread # 20: As we say goodbye to one show we look forward to news about a potential new one

Welcome to the News Thread!!

FEBRUARY 2021

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-19-2021, 07:48 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Bringing over some of the latest posts from the previous thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
I agree, it's worth a shot.

Yeah, their kids are a big reason not to do it. It'd take a lot of time. I wouldn't mind seeing him try, like interim leader or something, where he ultimately decides he doesn't want to make it permanent.
^ Agreed I think it could make a good storyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
Not everyone watches because of Gibbs. I agree, they could do a Ducky where Mark does certain episodes. Or a Vance more like it. But Gibbs is also a very key to the show and I can see CBS deciding that if he wants to go, to end the show.

But they probably would have announced it by now, so they could build up especially with so few episodes this season. So, I could see him reupping for another year, and the use that season to close up.

If Tony was around. I could see him as a natural leader in place of Gibbs. McGee has grown over the years, but for him to be the leader with less Gibbs. No, I don't think the show is strong for that.

All indications before the last few days was Mark was fine with continuing the show. I did see him interviewed that he knew how much less episodes matter to the crew. Less work, less money. And he hoped the show was back for a full order next year.

But then this season has been unprecedented so who knows with all the protocols, and longer shooting. Maybe he's grown tired of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
That's my feelings about McGee too . Tony could've stepped up but not so much McGee. That wouldn't be enough for the show. They'd need a good replacement for Gibbs to make it work. But that doesn't mean it can't should Mark want to go.

Mark seems to care about the show, cast, & crew . I don't see him leaving unless he feels the show can't tell any more stories or he's had enough. Then I see him allowing for a proper goodbye season, even if it is shorter

This year has been tough on everyone so maybe

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-19-2021, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It can definitely continue without him for at least a trial season. I kinda hope it doesn't come to that, though, especially not soon.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-19-2021, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

McGee has a charm to him. He's grown so much from those early days. So I could see if Gibbs retired. Could I see him lead the group because Bishop and Nick are their own people. And McGee would be less a leader like Gibbs. The Leader on the top. It would be all three together, solving the cases.

But still I don't think McGee's character has the charisma to hold the show. If Gibbs does less episodes. Tony had his charm to him, and as the years went on, he was solid second in command. I don't see that with McGee.

So yeah, they might better off. Doing one final season. Where they could give the characters an appropriate end.

Although unless they kill Gibbs off. What would he do if he retired. Join a two person PI firm with Fornell LOL. He can only do so much boat work. He's already built a cabin.

Networks are starting to make their choices for next season. So, we might know more in the coming weeks.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 02-20-2021, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Gibbs & Fornell working as PI's with Gibbs' accounting friend as the third wheel

Sorry, just the visual itself... But no, I can't imagine McGee either as the willing leader, he's more of the first in charge everybody's friend/equal kind of person...

I doubt that Mark would think about leaving NCIS or anything tbh, he cares way too much about the cast & crew...
Old 02-20-2021, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread
Old 02-25-2021, 12:27 AM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS: Los Angeles Stars Talk The ‘Exciting Opportunity’ Of CBS’ Hawaii Spinoff

Quote:
Daniela Ruah and Eric Christian Olsen, who play Kensi Blye and Marty Deeks on NCIS: Los Angeles, respectively, spoke to ET about the possibility of there being a new spinoff. Olsen mentioned that the thought of watching people catch bad guys in a paradise like Hawaii is exciting and a great opportunity for the franchise itself. Olsen explained: "I think it's an exciting opportunity because, listen, Hawaii is Hawaii. And if there's anything that we want to watch on TV, it's people in paradise running around catching bad guys. I think it's a great opportunity for an expansion of the franchise."

Daniela Ruah, meanwhile, agreed with her costar, knowing the recipe for the franchise has worked. Ruah said: "And we obviously know that the recipe for this franchise has worked quite nicely. I mean, we have 18 seasons [for NCIS], 12 seasons [for NCIS: LA], seven for New Orleans and now a new one's coming. It's an attractive franchise. So hopefully they'll do great."

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-25-2021, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that. It is an interesting opportunity indeed.
Old 02-25-2021, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Thanks for the article!

At least we know that some of the NOLA producers are on board for the new show...

... But the article also said no backdoor pilot...
Old 02-25-2021, 03:50 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That concerns me. They must be trying to push it & get it ready for next fall season. It doesn't surprise me as presumably they intend for it to slot into the empty slot NOLA has left but I think it would've been better to test it out in a backdoor & give themselves time to let things settle around the world. Its not the worse spinoff idea I've seen though... at least it'd only be set in Hawaii so they just need to get cast & crew there & that's it...

I wonder what they'll do for the schedule. If they'll use NCIS or LA to lead into Hawaii... if FBI's proposed spinoff (which is a worse idea so I hope doesn't yet) also gets picked up that'll make 3 from each franchise for CBS too. They should just do a NCIS night & a FBI night but LA seems to work on Sundays so I wouldn't want them to be shuffled around back to Tuesdays

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-26-2021, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I don't know... I read recently that there's going to be another season of Criminal Minds as well...

But I guess it all depends on CBS coming up with next fall's schedule...

LA definitely works on Sundays...
Old 02-26-2021, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It is a weird world. So, it's hard to know how far along the proposed NCIS: Hawaii is. By now, most pilots would be shooting. So if it is a straight to series. Then they have time to cast, and to build on the concept. After all assuming the season starts almost on time. They have until August to start filming to be able to get it on in September or October.

I agree, both LA and NO have changed from their pilot episodes. LA was night and day from what they show on the NCIS two parter. And they changed the leadership to Hetty from Macy. Hard to know if it was just not gelling in the planted pilot. And they had time to make the change.

And the cast is very different on NO from the early days.

In a normal world. They probably would have done a planted pilot. Because it does set things up. But given they do not have the time.

But they will want it on the air sometime in the fall or winter. Especially if the original one does not have much more time. Depending on how much more Mark wants to do? It's the biggest viewership of the shows, so they will want to use it for Hawai...

Even though Hawaii would be far away from...

They could do a early episode or two of LA or NCIS in the new season to set it up, if coming up sometime in the fall.
Old 02-26-2021, 04:14 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't think what the original does has anything to do with Hawaii. They still have LA if they want a connection to the NCIS world. It isn't like they're pulling a show out of nowhere to connect it to a long-dead franchise. Then anything to do with Mark is speculation, as normal, because of his contract coming up

Look at Law & Order - they haven't had their mothership for 10-11 years now but they're still adding in a new one to the franchise. What they're doing as a 'backdoor/crossover pilot' could work for NCIS: Hawaii actually. But at least for the new L&O show they're having the lead as an old character so it already will have a fanbase to go check it out. NCIS: Hawaii will have nothing unless they bring someone from NOLA into it. But at least having it start with a crossover event with one of the other shows might bring in fans to check it out

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-26-2021, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

True. Although we have not heard the concept for it except that it's name would be and based in Hawaii, likely Pearl Harbour.

So, we do not have a cast yet. So with New Orleans shutting down. Anyone except maybe Pride and Loretta could move out to Hawaii. Carter being the newest that there is not a lot known so he can be explored.. Or Hannah. Although she would want to be close to her daughter. But the daughter is getting older.

Since LA has moved outside the realm of the NCIS world. It seems to exist in its own plain at the moment.

Or someone from NCIS past might move out there. Gibbs was just there, so there is room to bring that story back

I think they will want it on the air before the original NCIS sings off because of viewership. It still draws. So put it behind NCIS on opening night. Then move it.

Or move FBI to it's own night, because it will have potentially two spinoffs. And air Hawaii behind NCIS for the first season. And if the show (NCIS) does have only one more season. It would be it's successor on Tuesday night.

Anything is possible. No one knows anything right now.
Old 02-26-2021, 05:59 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Not knowing more than the possible name for the show makes me think they could hold off longer for it

Hannah I don't think will move unless the ex moves her daughter. She's not a teenager yet so I can't imagine her mother wanting to be far from her. Especially all the way in Hawaii. Pride would only go if Rita was going there. Carter could go anywhere but he isn't really a drawcard given how new he is. Tammy & Sebastian also could go anywhere but both seem to be getting girlfriends so they'll have ties to the NOLA area (or at least US mainland)

Then actor-wise I don't think there's anyone who's left any of the shows who'd come back to the franchise

LA has always been in its own world I think. It being ahead in time of the other two right now doesn't help. But it still exists somewhere in the world & has a decent fanbase. So they could still pair the new NCIS with it.

They use NCIS however for starting shows since it is such a high fanbase. LA started with it, NOLA started with it, FBI started with it, probably other shows between NOLA & FBI... It is a drawcard, but it isn't necessary for a new NCIS show.

FBI itself has really good ratings so it could be used as a lead-in for other shows other than FBI ones. So it could be used, but I presume they'll keep it for Most Wanted & this possible other spinoff which better not be a new show in the next fall season if they want to go international

I already said they should just have a NCIS night & a FBI night but I wouldn't want them to move LA again. It works on Sunday. Since we don't know anything about what this potential NCIS: Hawaii will be it is hard to know what would be the best show to pair it with. It may work really well paired with LA, taking NOLA's timeslot. They could do a crossover with NCIS for the first night, then move it to Sundays or just do a crossover with the second half airing on the Sunday. Or if they're really creative do a three-way crossover that starts in Washington on Tuesday, then concludes in LA & then Hawaii on the Sunday Anything is possible

Chelle » join GTmy art
Closed Thread   Post New Thread