Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-13-2009, 11:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode 3.22 (05/14/09)- Kidney Now! - The season finale

SEASON FINALE! Alan Alda, Sheryl Crow, and more guest star as Jack builds a relationship with his estranged father.

From TV Network for Primetime, Daytime and Late Night Television Shows - NBC Official Site
Old 05-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm not sure how I felt about this episode. I don't think it was as good as last week's ep, but it was still funny, of course. I think I have to watch it again.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have to wait for Hulu to put it up. I'll post my thoughts tomorrow.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:28 PM
Master Fan

Adam Levine: Okay, but when Costello isn't looking I'm going to punch him in the back of the head.

Best. Line. Ever. But I found myself wishing he had followed through.

And Sheryl Crow knowing Liz in elementary! And them pretending to be European in front of Jenna.

And the crazy tan girl!

Kenneth: So began the craziest summer of our lives....
OMG! Of course he's related to Clay Aiken! Why didn't any of us see it before?!

Loved it! I was a big fan of this ep!!

The music artists I recognized:
Moby
Sheryl Crow
Clay
Michael McDonald
Adam Levine (Maroon 5)
Costello
the high pitched one sounded familar but I'm not sure who she was
Steve Earle

"They're loyal beasts"
"They were loyal. Now they're starving."

Old 05-15-2009, 02:44 AM
Master Fan

Cyndi Lauper awww, I haven't seen her in ages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridon (View Post)

Kenneth: So began the craziest summer of our lives....
OMG! Of course he's related to Clay Aiken! Why didn't any of us see it before?!
I second that. Genius.

I wonder what happens with Tracy going to college that it's a crazier summer than Kenneth had last year in Beijing.

I thought the finale was good, not great but solid. You know why I love this show so much? It never fails to make me feel better and despite other certain season finales I had to watch this week I’m glad that 30 Rock didn’t need to put too much drama into a season finale. The song at the end was enough for me.
"This country has 600 mio. kidneys and we really only need half."

I want Alan Alda to stay forever, I love him his scenes with Alec. Them playing baseball in Jack's office was so cute.

And Dr. Spaceman WTF! I hope he never operates ANYONE.

Liz being a relationship expert was a nice change lol. I mean when it's not working for you let's give advices to others at least.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:40 AM
Addicted Fan

The finale was halarious!!! I LOVE Jack's relationship with his dad!!! And how he put on the benifit to get him a kidney!!!

Plus, SO awesome that Kenneth is cousins with Clay Aiken!!! Makes SO much sense!!!

NBC.com has a full list of all the celeb musicians that were there and that was really cool how they got them all!!!

Elvis Costello
Mary J. Blige
Sheryl Crow
Adam Levine (Maroon 5)
Clay Aiken
Adam Horovitz & Mike Diamond (Beastie Boys)
Sara Bareilles
Steve Earle
Wyclef Jean
Norah Jones
Talib Kweli
Cyndi Lauper
Michael McDonald
Rhett Miller
Moby
Robert Randolph
Rachael Yamagata
Amanda's Twitter
Old 05-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Loyal Fan

haha adam levine and sheryl crow were great in the episode.
love jacks line when he was talking to liz: " 7th grade suburban girls have more sex experiance than you."
kenneth and clay aiken-of course they're related!

Dan/Blair (Gossip Girl)-Jackie/Hyde(That 70's Show)-Harry/Hermione(Harry Potter)-Zutara (Avatar: The Last Airbender)-Henry/Anne (The Tudors)-Spike/Faye (Cowboy Bebop)( And all the more to come.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Definitely a good episode. Like I said before, it didn't really have the "finale" feel for me. For me, it felt more like a regular episode. I still enjoyed it though.

Did anyone else get really depressed when the foreshadowed 30 Rock only being around for 2 more seasons? It felt like they were directly referring to 30 Rock itself, and although I know in my mind that that's probably all they have in them before it goes downhill or ends, it was still very sad.

I loved Liz being a relationship expert. It's cool to see Liz start to get some publicity and fame in the 30 Rock world since we all know that Tina is (of course) very famous. Liz's story is sort of paralleling Tina's in that she started as a writer and then she started getting some fame for the stuff she wrote. I'm waiting for Liz to act in a sketch on TGS.

Alan Alda is a genius. He needs to stay on this show because he makes it so much better.

Even with 30 Rock reruns, I still feel like I'm going to be suffering from withdrawals all summer. Is it next fall yet?
Old 05-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossip_Addict (View Post)
Did anyone else get really depressed when the foreshadowed 30 Rock only being around for 2 more seasons?
You mean TGS, right? And yeah, I was like what the what, is Tina trying to tell us something.

Quote:
Even with 30 Rock reruns, I still feel like I'm going to be suffering from withdrawals all summer. Is it next fall yet?
To avoid suffering I bought the first season on DVD today. Now I only need season 3.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrygraham (View Post)
You mean TGS, right? And yeah, I was like what the what, is Tina trying to tell us something.
Haha, right. What I meant was that they said that TGS might only have a couple more seasons left, but I felt like they were talking about 30 Rock. I'm pretty sure 30 Rock will go away whenever TGS does.

Nice about getting the season 1 DVDs! Yay for rewatching!
Old 05-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Overall, I liked it. I agree with everyone that it was a solid episode, but not quite finale material.

I never thought about TGS's having only two years mirroring 30 Rock. But it's true. Most shows go downhill after 5 seasons.

I was actually spoiled on Clay being Kenneth's cousin. There was a huge picture of the two of them in on of our papers. I'm not a Clay fan, so I hope they're very distant cousins.

Tracy's story...it could have been funnier. But I enjoyed it anyways. The montage of Tracy crying was pretty funny.

Alan Alda is so great. I love that Miltons's doing a 3 volume biography on Jimmy Carter.

It was nice seeing Angie and Paula again.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:31 PM
Elite Fan

Tracy couldn't dissect the frog and cried in front of his class LOL
Tracy at his high school.... His singling out of the gay kid ("Who told?") and the lone white kid in the graduation audience, hilarious!

Dr. Spaceman just never gets old, I love him! "Damn is this written in Greek?"

Jack: The Donaughys do not talk: we let things fester until they erupt in inappropriate anger until they erupt at a wedding or an elementary school graduation.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Courtney, you brought up a lot of great moments. The gay kid moment made me laugh.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:45 AM
Master Fan

I think it was good eppy but I was expecting it way better since it was finale. nothing special. I think the kidney song was crazy funny though, the lyrics they have came up with.lol
and I didn´t recognized ANYONE from the singers, muhaha. Not even Sheryl Crow, so I was watching and telling myself "hm, I don´t know them, these have to be some local american stars" .lol

Old 05-16-2009, 08:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheebs (View Post)
Tracy couldn't dissect the frog and cried in front of his class LOL
Tracy at his high school.... His singling out of the gay kid ("Who told?") and the lone white kid in the graduation audience, hilarious!

Dr. Spaceman just never gets old, I love him! "Damn is this written in Greek?"

Jack: The Donaughys do not talk: we let things fester until they erupt in inappropriate anger until they erupt at a wedding or an elementary school graduation.
Haha, those were good moments too! Dr. Spaceman just kills me every single time he appears. "I think it's the hard K sound that's making me giggle. Kidney!"