Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode 3.21 (05/07/09) - Mamma Mia

Liz and Tracy convince Jack to search for his real father. Alan Alda and Steve Buscemi guest star.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm wicked excited for this episode! It sounds like it should be a good one. Alan Alda! Steve Buscemi!
Old 05-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Master Fan

I'm excited for Alan and Steve, love both.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Utter brilliance. I will post more when I have more time, but I'm thinking that won the spot of "season 3 favorite." (at least so far)
Old 05-08-2009, 02:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree, this episode was amazingly good. And funny. I almost think this is the best episode so far, actually. And not just in the 3rd season. I think I lost it when Kenneth popped up and started to sing

Jack/Liz =

And that scene in the end with Jack and his dad was oddly emotional and sweet, actually. The same with the scene last week with Jack and his mom. I like it

And I Steve Buscemi!

"I'll give you some privacy" *Closes his eyes*

And Sims reference FTW!!

Last edited by sanna_o75; 05-08-2009 at 02:36 AM
Old 05-08-2009, 04:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
"I'll give you some privacy" *Closes his eyes*
That was awesome indeed.

I loved the episode, every piece of it. Jenna loosing the attention to Liz was genius. Poor Lutz being attacked by Tracy's fake son and nobody helped him.

The Mamma Mia references cracked me up, I love everythin ABBA related.
And yay for Alan Alda being Jack's father. Now I want him in an episode with Colleen.I love that they're showing more personal stuff in the last episodes.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:18 AM
Addicted Fan

This ep was fantastic and I totally agree I think it was one of their best!!! I just loved everything and SO happy Jack found his dad and that it's Alan Alda!!!
Amanda's Twitter
Old 05-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I 'd this episode too! It totally made up for the putrid 100th Grey's Anatomy episode last night.

-Jack and Milton's scene at the end was the highlight of the episode. It was great seeing two master actors (Alan Alda and Alec Baldwin) together. I knew I was going to enjoy Mr. Alda's performance and I figured he was the father even before the episode aired. The story still surpassed my expectations.

-I was wondering why they called this episode Mamma Mia, and I loved the homage to the film/musical as I loved the moviel. I ABBA too.

-Jenna and Liz's storyline was great. I love it when these two go at it. And I love their complicated friendship.

-I like how the story tied in with Tracy's fake son. It was weird and funny but turned suprisingly sweet at the end. I loved Tracy's scene with Tina when he admitted that he knew he was being scammed. It had my favorite line of the episode: "I may hug people to hard and get lost at malls. But I'm not an idiot."

-It was nice seeing Lutz, Cerie, Twofer. And more of Pete.

-Steve Buscemi was great. No surprise there.

-And Ele, you're so right. I can't wait to see Colleen and Milton meet again.

-Oh, and Jack (even if it was only to himself) pretty much admitting Liz was his only friend.

OK, I'm done gushing. My only minor quibble is that I wish there had been a little more Kenneth, b/c you can never have too much. But the episode had so much going on that it would have been impossible to fit him in.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Extreme Fan

I know I said this before, but this was an absolutely brilliant episode! I watched it again, and it's definitely my favorite of the season so far. I'm hoping that the finale surpasses that, but I won't be disappointed if it doesn't.

-Steve Buscemi and Alan Alda = WIN!! They were fantastic! I also knew that Mr. Alda would be Jack's dad, but I really like Milton. We'll have to wait and see if Jack gives him a kidney, though.

-The Jack/Liz interaction this week was priceless. Liz was so cute with the "it's a Mamma Mia!" thing, and I liked that Jack went with it. And "Why don't I have any other friends?" was hilarious! I would feel bad for Jack if it wasn't Liz that he was talking about. I love that he admits that she's his best (or even only) friend.

-I loved having a Liz and Pete storyline! We've been getting more of Pete lately, and I really like it. Liz and Pete rapping was awesome. And the Liz and Jenna storyline was great too, as was seeing all of the writers. I love them so much.

-Kenneth randomly showing up in the doorway to finish songs? Priceless!!

-Tracy was also great this week. I though it was sweet what he's doing for Donald. I like seeing sweet!Tracy every so often.

Basically, this episode had everything in it. It was awesome.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked Kenneth singing too. Especially when he and Tracy did it.

I'll have to watch this episode again.