Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-02-2013, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, understood, Jerry. Thank you.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

is that the second time this happened to this board?
Old 08-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't know. It happened while me and Jas were at Comic Con.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:37 PM
Administrator

As I indicated in the opening post here, this board went without a post for 48 Hours for the second time in six months, from 01-21-2014 12:55 PM to 01-23-2014 09:03 PM, so therefore, in accordance with the 48 Hour Rule Warning Policy that we have and the warning I posted on this thread on 8/7/2013, this board will be closed on January 26, 2014. Please feel free to post a thread about Zachary Quinto on the Celebrities Forum here at Fan Forum so you can continue to discuss your favorite actor here. I'm sorry that this had to happen, but we need active boards here, and this board was warned that if it went without a post for 48 hours at any time in the six months that followed the initial 48 Hour Warning it would be closed without doing another post count. Thanks.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 01-24-2014, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

oh. Well that is sad.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sorry to hear that the board is closing, I've reopened the thread at Celebrities for you to use.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

what? we posted on the board.. this is messed up..
Old 01-24-2014, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wendy has been busy because it's tax season. Also Lauren and I literally just did a watch last night. I don't know this is just messed up and the fact how ZQ board even got on the low warning list in the first place again was already messed up to begin with. You can't expect people to post all the time when they have to work or when they are out of town because on vacation.

This is just not even classy and stuff either. Next time mods should be contacted about it. Not just it posted in the thread and such.

I just can't even right now..
Old 01-24-2014, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricHearts (View Post)
Wendy has been busy because it's tax season. Also Lauren and I literally just did a watch last night. I don't know this is just messed up and the fact how ZQ board even got on the low warning list in the first place again was already messed up to begin with. You can't expect people to post all the time when they have to work or when they are out of town because on vacation.

This is just not even classy and stuff either. Next time mods should be contacted about it. Not just it posted in the thread and such.

I just can't even right now..
Your co-moderator was posting on other threads here at Fan Forum while not posting on this board, so the fact remains that this board went without a post for over 48 Hours for the second time in six months. One of the requirements of being a moderator is to post on the board you're assigned at least every other day, so if you and your co-moderator had done that, this board wouldn't be closing.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 01-24-2014, 12:31 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I was very sorry to see that this board didn't meet the 48 hour rule again. Zach is in the ST movies, so I've tried to keep an eye on the board to make sure it is being posted on, but didn't notice it hadn't been posted on yesterday.

There is a thread for Zach at the Star Trek board here, if you'd care to join us.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Your co-moderator was posting on other threads here at Fan Forum while not posting on this board, so the fact remains that this board went without a post for over 48 Hours for the second time in six months. One of the requirements of being a moderator is to post on the board you're assigned at least every other day, so if you and your co-moderator had done that, this board wouldn't be closing.
You've gotta be kidding me, Jerry! Jas and I do watches on this board all the time, as do Jas and Lauren! The entire east coast was dealing with a snowstorm and cold snap 48 hours ago, so a little leniency would have been appreciated as many were probably unable to post.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's not cool that you are blaming my co mod. WE ALL HAVE LIVES!

Zach has been the best place with his career right now! He made his broadway debut in September. So he has nothing anything can do to see right now. He is done his run in The Glass Menagerie next month. You can't expect people to have stuff to talk about when not everyone can see him in TGM and when he is doing nothing else right now. This is what it is like running a celeb board especially one who decides he wants to focus his career more on THEATRE and production side rather than just specifcally on movies and TV shows.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

Zach has been the best place with his career right now! He made his broadway debut in September. So he has nothing anything can do to see right now. He is done his run in The Glass Menagerie next month. You can't expect people to have stuff to talk about when not everyone can see him in TGM and when he is doing nothing else right now. This is what it is like running a celeb board especially one who decides he wants to focus his career more on THEATRE and production side rather than just specifcally on movies and TV shows.
I understand that you can not control what type of work that ZQ is working on. But it's possible to talk about his previous work or the reviews of his theater work.

As a previous moderator of the Heath Ledger board, we got new stuff for a short time after his passing and nothing new since then. True Blood goes through a 9 month hiatus every year. As Jerry said, we ask moderators to post at least every other day if not every day. We understand that you have lives outside . So do we. But if people have been watching the board every day, then dropping a post on a thread to keep it from going 48 hours without a post shouldn't be that hard.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't have time. I recently moved to Toronto and I am trying to focus on my career. I have met Zach 3 times now. I have supported him and even got to see him in The Glass Menagerie twice in Boston and then getting to see him make his Broadway debut with it. I am not like some fans who can talk about how good looking he is everything day just to make conversation. There is so much one person can talk about someone for so long before going crazy and feel like you are invading that person's privacy. He is also a very private person. So even over the last year, he has hardly been out unless it's related to his current broadway career. One can't have a full conversation in regards to theatre because majority of his fans haven't even seen his work. Lots of people left from posting from this board because they all started to have real lives and tumblr and other social networks come about.

This whole situation makes my upcoming decision so much easier to make.

PS. the board was doing fine. So we had an off start to the week and that was what screwed us over. The end.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I also have a life, but I've been appointed to a position of responsibility at this website and I take that responsibility seriously, so I'm here every day.