Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-26-2013, 04:07 AM
Administrator

Low Post Count Warning/Message Board Closure Notice - Please Read

Hi everyone. We have a rule here at Fan Forum that if no one posts on a board for more than 48 Hours, we post a warning on the board, and start an immediate post count, and if the board has less than 105 posts in a week, the board will be closed. No one posted on this board for over 48 hours, so I will be starting a post count for this board today, and I will end it a week from now, and if it has less than 105 posts, it will be closed.

Zachary Quinto 7/26/13 6:06 AM CDT Post Count: 73,352

Please post on this board if you wish it to remain here. Thank you.

1/23/2014: Edited to add: This board went without a post for 48 Hours for the second time in six months, from 01-21-2014 12:55 PM to 01-23-2014 09:03 PM, so therefore, in accordance with the 48 Hour Rule Warning Policy that we have and the warning I posted on this thread on 8/7/2013, this board will be closed on January 26, 2014. Please feel free to post a thread about Zachary Quinto on the Celebrities Forum here at Fan Forum so you can continue to discuss your favorite actor here. I'm sorry that this had to happen, but we need active boards here, and this board was warned that if it went without a post for 48 hours at any time in the six months that followed the initial 48 Hour Warning it would be closed without doing another post count. Thanks.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-26-2013, 04:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Argh, not good news..

Come on guys... come here and post

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 07-26-2013, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll try to post more
Old 07-26-2013, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you any ideas what we could do, to increase the post count?

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 07-27-2013, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

i have been sooo busy with the festival. plus it's the summer. so not very amused by this. SIGH! hardly anyone is around in the summer. plus wendy has been away too. Not to mention I had no wi fi at my place when i got back
Old 07-28-2013, 01:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i'll be back tomorrow
but yeah everyone's been pretty busy/away this summer
Old 07-28-2013, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

yea i hate being penalized because of that! this has not been the first time it was happened to me and one of my boards especially when it involves one of my co mods being away. this time it is both of us being "away". plus i was busy in general and going to be away in general the entire summer! I have mentioned that already at the mod board. i sure as hell hate it that we have to make up for our lack of time of posting because either our posters are hardly around or we as mods are being hardly around. Definitely a worst way to even potentially result of our board being closed because of this!!! I already feared the worst knowing both wendy and i were generally away this entire month. I sure as hell didn't expect to still be penalized because of this! I am very frustrated!! I have been cutting off my internet time ever since I moved to Toronto last month. Real life is keeping me busy

i am finally done the festival. i can finally sleep, eat properly and rest! Now I have to stress over my board's post count. Thanks a lot!! Something I really don't even have time to deal with in my real life.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

this sucks.. i'll try to help
Old 07-29-2013, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

we'll get this board back to its former glory it doesnt help some of us had our trips at once
Old 07-29-2013, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm really sorry I was busy last week too.. I didn't know you were both away.. otherwise I would have askes for a second MST...

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 07-30-2013, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

it is not your fault holly! honestly, im not going to be free anytime soon.. SIGH! im busy this summer as i have kept on mentioning several times! i am not in vancouver anymore. i am in toronto and on the go A LOT
Old 07-31-2013, 01:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Still.. I hate that this happened..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 07-31-2013, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll try to help out here, Jas. Doesn't FF understand that ComicCon was a factor in a lot of boards post counts dropping? They really should take that into consideration.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I'll try to help out here, Jas. Doesn't FF understand that ComicCon was a factor in a lot of boards post counts dropping? They really should take that into consideration.
Maybe post counts dropped during ComicCon, and we may take that into consideration when we do the post counts for July, but the fact remains that there is no excuse for a board going without a post for more than 72 hours here. We have clear rules and guidelines concerning this. I'd also like to add that both moderators of this board posted on other boards here during those 72 Hours, so if they could post on other boards, why couldn't they post here? This argument is pointless anyway because this board already met the 105 post count to remain here, and I'm sure it will have a good post count for the week by the time I do the official count on Friday, but the fact remains that people need to post on the boards here at least once a day or not let the boards go without a post for more than 48 hours. If a board goes without a post for more than 48 Hours, that's a sign that maybe people aren't interested in posting on that board anymore. The moderators shouldn't be the only ones posting on a board, and when they go away, there should be enough posters to continue posting on the board even if they're not there. It's as simple as that, and I don't think we're being unreasonable asking that.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-02-2013, 03:58 AM
Administrator

Zachary Quinto: 8/2/2013 5:58 AM CDT Post Count: 73,675

73,675 - 73,252 = 423 Posts

This board met the 105 post count requirement to remain here, so it will remain open, but it will be placed on the Low Post Count Warning List, and if it goes without a post for 48 hours at any time in the next six months, it will be closed without doing another post count. Thanks.