Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Master Fan

yep. I'll have to check it out...even though Im not big into comic books

"If I hadn't gone into acting, I would be a horsetrainer or a tunnel digger...or a swan"

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
Old 06-29-2010, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

TrekToday Blog Archive Quinto’s Lucid Due In August

me neither
Old 06-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Master Fan

I'm willing to give it a try though.. Errr..maybe

"If I hadn't gone into acting, I would be a horsetrainer or a tunnel digger...or a swan"

Old 06-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

update

Quote:
LanceMazmanian

Fabulous fans of all things @BeforeTheDoor should be *ecstatic* about news I received just now, from Europe. Preparing now to tell the Neal. about 7 hours ago via web
Old 07-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Zachary Quinto Presents FOREFATHERS from Zachary Quinto, philipquinaz, quinaz, and annamartemucci - Video
Old 07-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

Omnicomic: Final Cover for Lucid #1

Old 07-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

lady's got back
Old 07-04-2010, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

sexy back
Old 07-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
beforethedoor

@mrskutcher & @aasif_mandvi wrapped MARGIN CALL last night. We'll miss them. Amazing performances. AtSimonBaker wrapped too, but no twitter. about 5 hours ago via web
comic con

Quote:
4:30-5:30 Archaia: Lucid— Lucid, the first comic book project from Archaia's partnership with Before the Door, is finally here! Lucid creator and writer Michael McMillian (True Blood) and BTD partners Zachary Quinto (Star Trek, Heroes), Neal Dodson, and Corey Moosa share cool, behind-the-scenes info and other interesting tidbits about the making of the comic. Moderated by Archaia editor-in-chief Stephen Christy. Room 25ABC
Comic-Con 2010 :: Programming for Friday, July 23
Old 07-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Master Fan

Should be interesting. Can't wait to hear reports and whatnot from it!

Old 07-09-2010, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

new

Quote:
friendship new and old on either side. picture wrap approaching for peter sullivan. hurtling through the air somewhere is a true heart.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
A large crowd gathered Friday at Comic-Con International in San Diego for the Archaia panel covering “Lucid,” their first book in association with Before The Door, actor Zachary Quinto's production company.

Moderator and Archaia Editor-in-Chief Stephen Christy thanked the audience for their support. “A year ago today we were here at the con talking to you guys about ‘Lucid,’” said Christy. “A year later, here we are with the actual book.”

“Lucid” takes place in a parallel universe where magic is real. Major world powers have secret agents working for them, fighting supernatural terrorist threats. The comic’s protagonist, Matthew Dee, is America’s new “Protector of the Realm” and is tasked with stopping a black market occult technology dealer known only as the Pendragon.

“I thought ‘Lucid’ could be the story of, what if Barack Obama had an ass-kicking combat mage working for him?” said writer Michael McMillian.

“Or the high-concept pitch: what if Harry Potter grew up and joined the CIA?” said Christy.

Christy asked the BTD team how they discovered McMillian. “We found him lurking in the hallways of Carnegie Mellon,” said BTD partner and “Star Trek” actor Zachary Quinto. “Apparently homeless and in need of acting training.”

The audience laughed as Quinto admitted they had all been friends during college. Quinto formed BTD as a production company two years ago, and “Lucid” is their first comic book, though they have a second project in the pipeline with Archaia. Another Carnegie Mellon alumnus will also write the unnamed book.

“Who knew the oldest school with the oldest BFA program in the world would turn out so many comic book creators?” said BTD partner Neal Dodson.

Available now, “Lucid” is a four-issue miniseries written by McMillian and illustrated by Anna Wieszczyk, a European illustrator who could not make it to San Diego. “I wanted this world to have a bit of an animated style. I wanted it to feel really pop-y, but at the same time really fluid,” said McMillian. “The work [Anna’s] been turning in for us has been awesome.”

Christy and the BTD team showed the audience pages from the comic, describing it as a blend of anime and European styles. “When I first saw it, it reminded me a bit of ‘Aeon Flux,’” said McMillian. “But she has this really classical fairy tale illustration style to her as well.”

Hands immediately shot up after Christy announced they had signed copies, taking the team by surprise.

"Lucid" asks the question, what if Harry Potter grew up and joined the CIA?

“Cage fight!” joked McMillian.

The BTD team obviously enjoyed interacting with the audience, stopping the panel to call out individuals. Quinto teased a man talking on the phone and the panelists led the audience in applauding a group of latecomers to the room.

“A Tusken raider is asking you a question, Michael,” said Quinto as a fan dressed like a Tusken raider from the film "Star Wars" approached the microphone.

“This is the best moment of my life,” the Tusken told them, sending the panel into a fit of laughter.

Before the panel wrapped, McMillian summed up the experience of the book. “I want to create something that will be hopefully as fun for the reader as my favorite comics were for me,” said McMillian. “I’d love to see ["Lucid"] going on for a very long time.”

“It’s something we’re really proud of and we appreciate the support,” said Christy.

"Lucid" #1 is in stores this month.
CCI: Archaia and Zachary Quinto Have "Lucid" Dreams - Comic Book Resources
Old 08-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Christy asked the BTD team how they discovered McMillian. “We found him lurking in the hallways of Carnegie Mellon,” said BTD partner and “Star Trek” actor Zachary Quinto. “Apparently homeless and in need of acting training.”

any one getting Lucid?
Old 08-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

noo i feel bad i dont know where to get it too im out of the comic realm
Old 08-28-2010, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

YouTube - Comic Con - Archaia/BTD/Lucid Panel - Part 1
YouTube - Comic Con - Archaia/BTD/Lucid Panel - Part 3
YouTube - Comic Con - Archaia/BTD/Lucid Panel - Part 4