Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2022, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

EC | ADC

Old 04-22-2022, 01:43 AM
Elite Fan

Hey!!

So sorry - I was away at a yoga retreat. Will update soon! Hope everyone is well
Old 04-22-2022, 05:55 AM
Master Fan

Yes age is just a number until you hit it and and feel the aches and pain that go with it.

I'm Aubrey
Old 04-22-2022, 04:35 PM
Elite Fan

Movies and Strawberry and of course everyone

aubie I bought myself a big salt water fish tank when I turned 40...now I have a daughter that is 41 yikes I think of you as a kid if that helps I hope you have a great year. Sorry pps were sick and you couldn't get together

Yoga retreat sounds awesome Ekua

SO it was crazy busy with 5 grands ...one a crawling baby at house with tons of little things everywhere from the other kids toys etc to eat.....grandmom did baby alot plus lots of cleaning so I didn't post...sorry. Margot had a runny nose and Liz was coughing like crazy. She had had the flu and this seemed to be bacterial...she was on antibiotics. Now anna Lee has either Margots or Lizs cold( no covid just everyone is now getting sick after 2 years of lock down...needs to happen. Kids need to build immunity but still a drag)

I've been around it all and doing lots of nose wiping but I didn't get anything. I am very careful about touching my eyes/nose ...lots of practice

I came to OC yesterday will be here till Monday. Chasing the sparrows away from my purple martin house, visiting my bro ( he had his 5th out of 6 chemo treatments for his bladder cancer...praying very hard they work! ) bike riding and beach walking and resting
Old 04-28-2022, 01:11 PM
Master Fan

ohhh lovely! do you still have the fish tank Podmom?

ahh hearing lots of sicks kids lately since the restrictions and mask mandates have been lifted. and probably because the kids haven't been sick for 2 years, now their bodies are trying to get use to germs again.

I'm Aubrey
Old 04-28-2022, 04:44 PM
Master Fan

Oh my goodness everyone I know is getting the stomach flu….vomiting…..yuck!!! Many of my kids’ classmates are taking turns being out with it. Keep telling my kids to wash hands….that we have had a lot of practice

Podmom so great to read you are enjoying grandkids! I’m trying to figure out plans for this summer , hoping to get a day or two in Ocian city!!

I feel like the 40s are pretty much midway through life….I don’t know…..2 out of 4 of my grandparents lived until mid eighties, one into his 90s
Old 04-29-2022, 08:08 AM
Elite Fan

Here still masks everywhere - even outside, even when teaching, even when my 5 year olds are playing outside in crazy, 45 degree (115 F) heat. Fine on public transport, in shops etc but I don't agree with outside anymore. And teaching phonics is impossible. Their speech is being affected
Old 04-29-2022, 12:58 PM
Master Fan

We have a 40 gallon fish tank on a stand that has been empty (for years) but we haven't figured out how best to get rid of it.

Sorry Podmom all the wee ones are catching gross colds, and keeping a baby from choking on bigger kids tiny toys is a major job!

The yoga retreat sounds lovely Ekua but those poor kids having to mask up in the broiling heat outdoors!

My kids are approaching/have passed 40, so that does seem young-ish to me, but also 'grown up' if that makes sense.

JJ ugh, stomach flu making the rounds, that is the worst! Yes, lots of handwashing and, as Podmom said, not touching the eyes. But kids always have their fingers in their mouths...
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 05-07-2022, 04:37 PM
Master Fan

So…..the stomach flu hit here…..two of four kids this week so far. Just a 12 hour bug which is good, but when you have multiple kids it can still last days……
Old 05-08-2022, 06:47 AM
Elite Fan

Oh no JJ sorry! Hope it's over quickly for you all!!

So...what the hell is going on America?! The The USA has the highest rate of materal mortality in the developed world, no guaranteed paid maternity leave (umm what?), no support for single mothers or low-income families, a healthcare system only accessible to the rich and which marginalises the poor and now, non-elected judges get to make a decision based on their own religious beliefs? How on earth is that okay??

And ' a domestic supply of infants.' I am lost for words. Guess the 400,000 children stuck in the forster care system don't matter.

Republican logic - it's okay to force a 12 year old to carry a child but reading To Kill a Mockingbird, learnign about race theory and actuallly getting a proper sex education - absolutely not!

Wow....just wow. Stepping backwards 100 years.
Old 05-08-2022, 03:44 PM
Master Fan

Yes, between the country lurching to the right, and women's rights/education zooming to the Dark Ages, and the continuing war in Ukraine - I am just flummoxed right now. And Boston seems to be turning into Gotham City - gangs of young kids running wild and vandalizing, terrorizing people downtown.

And lately so many wrong-way drivers causing head on collisions or driving into various bodies of water, vehicles crashing into buildings

What the heck is going on?

(speaking of Gotham City, we watched Rob Pattinson's new Batman movie yesterday and all HATED it - too long, too dark, too rainy - we shut it off and had a cup of tea instead, didn't even finish watching it.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 05-11-2022, 04:05 PM
Master Fan

to get closed threads to the bottom!!
Old 05-12-2022, 06:10 AM
Elite Fan

MyrnaLynne there are no words. My friend in Alabama said you can be refused contraception if the cashier doesn't want to give it..what the actual f**k? No one should be allowed to impose their religious beliefs on others. Absolutely no words.

Anyways, nearly the weekend! Any plans?
Old 05-12-2022, 01:26 PM
Master Fan

Oh Ekua, i know.

My cousin (who is like a sister to me) and doesn't believe in vaccine, compared the whole situation to BLM on her Facebook wall.

But then she acted shocked from the backlash she got. Trying to pull off the naivety act of, this is just her interpretation of things and if you see it differently that's your problem not hers. i felt sick to my stomach but we just can't argue with it. they are set in their ways, just like how they would see us also set in ours.

I'm Aubrey
Old 05-12-2022, 07:04 PM
Master Fan

Yes, some of Mr ML's relatives have a right wing religious antivaxx etc branch (who makes everybody else's heads explode). There is just no arguing with people, everyone is sure they are right and everybody else is wrong/stupid whatever. It's awful.

I was just reading online a woman complaining she hasn't seen her (unvaccinated) relatives in Canada for 3 years, because she lives in the US and is also unvaccinated and how WRONG it is to force these medical choices on people (but hey, you an ban abortions and that's okay). Hey, you want to visit one another - get the damn vaccine. I promise there's no microchips or GPS trackers in there, and you won't turn into Lizard-people...
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread