Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2022, 08:20 PM
Passionate Fan

A- I’m sorry the rona finally got you. Hopefully, your symptoms continue to stay mild and your quarantine passes quickly.

Flowers in the Attic was popular when I was in high school but I never read it. I wasn’t really into reading what seemed liked horror or creepy back then. Fast forward 30+ years and I love to read mysteries and thrillers so go figure.

This past weekend was just hot & miserable. A cool front came through last night and dropped the temps by 30 degrees. I was going to go to the pool this morning but it never got out of the 70’s until early afternoon so I’ll try again tomorrow.

I bought tickets for Friday afternoon to take the girls to see Minions. I’m just as excited to see it as they are.
Old 07-11-2022, 08:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Today was a rough day just not feeling great. The fever came back so I've been trying to keep that at bay by taking Tylenol constantly, what was all in my throat (I could barely talk) has moved up into my head and just now going to bed my throat really started to hurt. Tomorrow should be day four and I was hoping I'd feel better...I hope I do. I'm getting tired of not feeling well. It really has been like two years since I was really sick. The last time was early 2020 right before Covid. Because of the fever I'd almost compare this more to the flu, it's definitely not just a cold. And I'm double vaccinated and boosted so I'm not sure what this might have been like if i wasn't.

It's also so weird that I'm not tired at all, I was expecting to just sleep through the next four days and instead I have insomnia. It's strange.

I'm so annoyed with work though too. I let them know I'm sick with covid, tested positive, not just one of those asymptomatic cases I"m not feeling well and they called me twice today with clients in the room to put me on speaker to answer questions. I sound like absolute hell, I'm running 101 fever, I don't feel good. It's ridiculous.

We're under a tornado warning so now I'm trying to decide if I want to haul myself out of bed to go downstairs, if it's close enough. I think it's much further north in our county, I haven't even heard the sirens.

It's actually been really nice with low humidity but it got really humid this evening, hence the severe storms moving through. But I keep trying to go and sit outside as much as I can just just try and bake the covid out of me. But also the sun just feels good when you're sick.
Old 07-12-2022, 09:29 AM
Master Fan

Flowers in the Attic books were popular when I was like 10! A 10 year old probably shouldn't have been reading them, but my friends and I read all of them.

I am sorry you feel so ****ty A. I still can't believe I was so lucky... but it makes me nervous for next time. Did you get anything from the doctor? I had an antiviral but it ripped my stomach apart.
Old 07-12-2022, 11:27 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

My parents both had it and sailed through it, I'm just really struggling with the congestion, I'm so congested today it's almost unbearable. Fever is gone, thank goodness.

My doctor is of course out of the office all this week, I do have a telehealth call with one of the other doctors in the practice later this afternoon. I don't think there's much they'll be able to do but we'll see what he says.

It seems like this new variant is really taking hold and I just think about the covid numbers and how undercounted they are now. So I know the two people that had it that gave it to my dad, never tested but clearly had it, my dad had it, my mom had it, I have it. That's five people right there that wouldn't be counted toward the overall covid numbers because they either didn't test or just used an at home test. I would say you could double the numbers easy if not triple them to get a more accurate count on how many covid cases there currently are out there.
Old 07-12-2022, 01:25 PM
Master Fan

I actually read an article a few weeks ago that they are testing the water to determine how many people are doing home tests/not testing and factoring those numbers in. I don't remember where I read it or if it even makes sense but I definitely read it somewhere.
Old 07-12-2022, 04:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I definitely just lost the ability to taste and smell, so that's fun. I can just tell I'm drinking something sweet but there's no taste to it. I tried to eat a nectarine and I like them cold so all I taste is cold...ugh.
Old 07-12-2022, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I definitely just lost the ability to taste and smell, so that's fun. I can just tell I'm drinking something sweet but there's no taste to it. I tried to eat a nectarine and I like them cold so all I taste is cold...ugh.
Oh damn.

I was just looking at the list of Emmy nominations. A few Taylor connections in there, Connie of course.

Last edited by elherts; 07-12-2022 at 05:40 PM
Old 07-12-2022, 08:27 PM
Passionate Fan

A- I’m sorry that your symptoms have gotten worse & you’re just miserable. I hope tomorrow brings you some relief and you start feeling more like yourself.

I can’t believe your work called you knowing how sick you are and expected you to handle something that probably could’ve been handled by someone else IN the office. I would be p*ssed.

They have been testing our wastewater around here for some time now and that’s usually how they tell when we’re having high transmission. As far as testing goes, they shut down all the drive thru sites and are encouraging people to test at home & isolate as needed. This fall/winter is going to be a ***** show if this wave gets worse or we get hit with another variant. Our local library is providing free test kits and I grab a few every time I’m there because we’ll need them once school starts back.
Old 07-12-2022, 09:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I've given up predicting what it's going to do, the fever was back tonight and then knocked me on my ass for a few hours and now it's gone and I'm wide awake. The symptoms are all over the place. Like with a cold you can think "oh I'm over the hump" I have no confidence that's the case with this. It's so strange.

My doctor said I could take a round of steroids if I'm not starting to feel better soon, I'm going to see how I am tomorrow and go from there. He said based on my symptoms it sounds like I might have the new variant that they're seeing a wave of right now.

I can't taste or smell anything, I hope that's not a long term thing.

Work is ridiculous. I also had to get some stuff done today for a meeting for tomorrow. Work doesn't stop I guess. But I think I got done everything that urgently needed to be done. I told them at the rate I'm going not to expect me back before next week.

I absolutely believe that unless they can for sure roll out a vaccine that's going to nip these omicron variants in the ass, it will be an absolute **** show this fall. And then I worry because it sounds like the new variant really has the ability to reinfect those that have already had earlier omicron variants.
Old 07-13-2022, 08:26 PM
Passionate Fan

My husband got his second booster yesterday & he had some aches and pains the better part of today. I’m not eligible for another booster but I kinda want to wait until they tweak the current one to protect against the variants. It does suck that you get all the vaccines & boosters and still end up catching it. I know it’s not foolproof but you have to wonder how people without any protection come through it on the other side and still don’t believe it’s real.

My SIL is out of town and asked my oldest if she would come by every other day to water her plants and bring in her packages. My daughter was happy to do it so today my husband takes her over there and she was unable to get into the house because the keypad on the door wasn’t programmed for her and they locked the bottom lock which means even with a combo she can’t go in that door. She also discovered on their front porch a cooler for her dairy delivery which had 2 dozen (warm) eggs inside and a gallon of milk that had curdled. My husband texts her and her phone is almost dead so she tells him that we can just keep the stuff because she meant to cancel the delivery…ummm NO THANKS!!! He then tries to get the garage code from her which apparently she doesn’t know so luckily they were able to get into the backyard via a side gate and get her plants watered. Seems they left town for a week with their upstairs AC window running on full blast too. We were pissed that she didn’t have anything ready for our daughter like she promised and of course my husband included me in a group text with her where I reply with “shocker” when he tells me that they can’t get inside. Honestly, that’s pretty mild considering how mad I was but if you ask someone to come over to do something then make sure you do as promised so that can happen. We now have her glass milk container to clean out and eggs in our garage frig that can’t be thrown out until Sunday for trash pick up. Still waiting for her to say sorry and respond with the correct garage door code. I told my husband that he better chew her out when she finally reaches out to him.
Old 07-13-2022, 08:31 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Where is this cold front?!? It’s not in Texas. It was still 100 at 7:30 this evening. I am sooooo over it!

Minions was cute. We saw Thor today. It’s the only Marvel movie I’ve seen in a theater. It was better than I was expecting. Kids said the same thing, which doesn’t seem like high praise. However, it is. They like the Thor movies the least, so it is a glowing review.

We have tickets for where the crawdads sing tomorrow. Neither OM or I loved the book, so we think this might be a rare case where the movie is better than the book. We hope.

A, I’m sorry you are feeling so bad. Loss of smell and taste is awful. Totally inappropriate of work to call you at home. I would be livid. I hope you feel better quickly.
Hey, how is your rescue kitty doing? Is she still with the foster?

We have contacted a foster who has a puppy right now. We are waiting for her to schedule a meet and greet. Fingers crossed! She seems perfect!
Old 07-13-2022, 08:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That is ridiculous that your SIL didn't have things set up for your daughter. If I'm leaving and have anyone at the house or coming to check on things/do things for me I generally leave a note/instructions or have them come over first. But from your reaction this doesn't sound like a one-time thing where she's inconsiderate.

I hesitate to say I'm feeling better. I don't want to jinx it because I know people start feeling better and then feel worse the next day. I had the privilege of experiencing the stomach issues that sometimes come along with covid today, but otherwise my congestion is better, I can actually breath out of one side of my nose and the fever didn't show up tonight (it didn't two nights ago either). I was able to get up and do some things like change my sheets without feeling like I'd just done a workout, so, progress. Today felt like just a cold that you can work through, as opposed to the last few days which felt more like the flu but weirder.

I still cannot smell or taste anything, or should I say I can taste like salt or sweet, so I can tell if something is salty or sweet but there is just no flavor. I hope that doesn't last for long, though I have lost like five pounds just because I have no appetite and now I can't taste so, what's the point.

I don't get quite as many updates on the rescue kitty, but she's still doing well. She's got full run of the fosters house and she's not hiding. She started playing with one of the fosters other cats. I don't know how long they plan to keep her with the foster before they put her up for adoption but she's making progress. I still always remind her I'd take her back if things don't work out.

Fingers crossed you get the puppy!

It's going down into the 60s tonight, so I opened some windows to get fresh air in here. I hate the feeling of being stuck in the house for so long and while sick, everything feels stale. Anytime the humidity is low and the temperatures drop I'm opening those windows.
Old 07-14-2022, 04:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4books (View Post)
They have been testing our wastewater around here for some time now and that’s usually how they tell when we’re having high transmission. As far as testing goes, they shut down all the drive thru sites and are encouraging people to test at home & isolate as needed. This fall/winter is going to be a ***** show if this wave gets worse or we get hit with another variant. Our local library is providing free test kits and I grab a few every time I’m there because we’ll need them once school starts back.
I knew I didn't imagine reading that.

R- A friend of mine and her family were supposed to go to Colorado for a few days but didn't go because she was worried about the altitude and her high blood pressure. I never heard of such a thing! Is that something to worry about when traveling there? I mean, it's not Mt. Everest!

I have one friend who never got her smell and taste back after Covid. She's now part of a study. But everyone else I know was fine after a few days. I didn't lose my taste or smell OR appetite, of course. I guess it's time to get my second booster. I was putting it off. It seems a lot of people are getting Covid after traveling. A friend of mine is in Norway and has it. Mask up on a plane!

Your SIL sounds like my SIL. We have a love/hate relationship.

Good luck with the puppy. Scoobs will be 11 in a few months. He's spry and in great health but ugh...

I ordered a few bathing suits online and none of them fit. Two of them are a little snug... if I lost 15lbs they would fit, so I am keeping them. Same with a cover up. But a 3rd bathing suit fits, I just don't like it. I hope I can return it.

Last edited by elherts; 07-14-2022 at 04:08 AM
Old 07-14-2022, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I've never heard that about blood pressure. I didn't even think about the altitude being a problem when I was there last time. I went as a kid and no issues. But I remember feeling kind of unsteady when I first got to Colorado Springs. We were walking around the Air Force Academy campus and I was like, am I dizzy because I just spent so much time in the car and I'm finally walking or is it something else. I do think it was from the altitude. That hike on the Manitou Incline within 24 hours of arriving wasn't easy either.

I could maybe taste a little better today but most everything still tastes like salty or sweet cardboard, but if I get something super fragrant right up to my nose I can kind of smell it.

Still feels just like a cold today, I went outside and watered the flowers and did some walking and I will admit it made me physically tired. Like I needed to rest afterward. Technically today would be my day five and I could go back into the world. That seems really too soon.

Kiki, are you watching Big Brother? I hear tonight is going to be a unique episode...

I bought a ton of new bathing suits for St. Maarten a few months back, probably too many. I sometimes just prefer to buy cheaper bathing suits. I ordered a pretty pricey one from Summersault and while I loved the bottoms the top gave little to no support.
Old 07-14-2022, 06:19 PM
Master Fan

I never knew what you were talking about when you said Manitou Incline. I saw it on Tik Tok the other day and Holy Crap! I could NEVER do it. ..not even at my fittest. It's not my body that gets tired, it's my breathing/respiratory. I would for sure have an asthma attack. How many steps is it?

I'm not watching Big Brother. I have way too many other things I need to watch or rewatch. I won't even put it on so I don't get sucked in.

I get tired SO easily this summer. I'm beginning to think I may have longterm Covid. Sheer exhaustion sometimes. I could sleep 10 hours a night and still be tired. I thought I was just out of shape and lazy but maybe it's Covid. ???
Closed Thread   Post New Thread