Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2021, 09:54 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The Viking Lions game was crazy!
The Aggies beat Alabama last night.
The Red River Shootout game was bonkers.
Rain delay for KC. It’s been a wild weekend for football.

It’s supposed to rain here. Sometime during the night, I guess. It’s currently just windy.

I worked on a few crafts today. I failed at finding my orange paint. I super failed at making my own orange paint. I finished off two sweater pumpkins and I finished a display of three standing pumpkins. I am very impressed with my sweater pumpkins.
I’m making two giant wreaths, from hula hoops for Christmas. They will go outside. They look fantastic in so far. OM and I are very impressed. I wasn’t sure what to expect, and I am so happy. These would be so expensive and heavy if I bought them at hobby lobby. I am loving how lightweight they are. I painted them dark green and now they have one layer of garland on them. They next layer will be flocked. I have to “flock” it myself. That’s a project for another day.

Our mail is running so weird. I had paperwork mailed to me over a week ago, from Dallas, and I still don’t have it. My aunt mailed something Monday (also from Dallas) and it arrived yesterday. Of course, what she mailed isn’t time sensitive, the paperwork is. Fingers crossed it’s here Tuesday.

**edit to add** que the thunder…

Last edited by SouthernSweetieTX; 10-10-2021 at 10:02 PM
Old 10-11-2021, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The Lions are always finding heartbreaking ways to lose or lose heartbreakingly. First team in NFL history to lose two games in a season on a last second 50+ field goal...we're five games into the season. Also lost at the hands of the Ravens when their kicker made the longest field goal in NFL history for the win. The team is cursed.

My stray cat was back today and I found out that he's being socialized by someone else. They live a little far away so I'm surprised he made it to me but they're working with a rescue but were asking if anyone had seen him because they hadn't seen him since last week. They call him Tigerleg because he has Tiger markings on his legs and tail...I thought he looked more like a raccoon.
Old 10-11-2021, 09:02 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The Vikings aren’t having a great season either. 2-3.
The Cowboys are doing well. That makes Baby M happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
The Lions are always finding heartbreaking ways to lose or lose heartbreakingly. First team in NFL history to lose two games in a season on a last second 50+ field goal...we're five games into the season. Also lost at the hands of the Ravens when their kicker made the longest field goal in NFL history for the win. The team is cursed.

My stray cat was back today and I found out that he's being socialized by someone else. They live a little far away so I'm surprised he made it to me but they're working with a rescue but were asking if anyone had seen him because they hadn't seen him since last week. They call him Tigerleg because he has Tiger markings on his legs and tail...I thought he looked more like a raccoon.
If he’s feral, he might not like being a house cat. if he’s a lost pet, I’m sure he’ll be grateful to be loved again.

I’m working on a sign for our haunted village and I royally mucked it up…twice. I’m done for the day. I’ll try again tomorrow.
Old 10-12-2021, 02:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He's like semi feral. The other cat that hangs around is totally feral. My first cat when I was a kid was a completely feral cat, Casey, she was young when we found her in our driveway but clearly feral. She eventually came around and was really affectionate later in life.

Hockey is back tonight! Red Wings first game is Thursday. I might actually try to go to a game this season.

Has anyone renewed their passports recently? I went to print out the form to send in and they said that the average time for renewal is 14 weeks. 14 weeks! That puts me really close to when I'm supposed to be out of the country next March. It expires in January.
Old 10-12-2021, 09:18 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
He's like semi feral. The other cat that hangs around is totally feral. My first cat when I was a kid was a completely feral cat, Casey, she was young when we found her in our driveway but clearly feral. She eventually came around and was really affectionate later in life.

Hockey is back tonight! Red Wings first game is Thursday. I might actually try to go to a game this season.

Has anyone renewed their passports recently? I went to print out the form to send in and they said that the average time for renewal is 14 weeks. 14 weeks! That puts me really close to when I'm supposed to be out of the country next March. It expires in January.
My bio mom said 16 weeks! That was about a month ago. She wants me to go on a trip with her in July. I pulled it all up, but I haven’t printed the forms yet.
Old 10-13-2021, 10:21 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yeah it says 14 weeks now. It probably won't take that long but I also don't want to book this entire 10 day trip and then have issues with my passport.
Old 10-13-2021, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Yeah it says 14 weeks now. It probably won't take that long but I also don't want to book this entire 10 day trip and then have issues with my passport.
That would make me nervous for sure.
Old 10-13-2021, 04:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'll get it in by the beginning of next week. I just need to get my passport photo.

I have one room left in the house that still has wallpaper and I think I'm going to tackle it this weekend. It's going to take forever. The only thing that makes me want to do it is that I won't have to paint the ceiling, I had insulation blown into the attic a few years back and one of the guys up in the attic stepped where there wasn't a support beam and basically put a dent in that ceiling...so they had to take care of it and the whole ceiling was repainted.

Now I just need to decide on a color for the room. I ordered these West Elm curtains during covid lockdown for my room and they kept being delayed and I think it was like six months later where I just said, "screw it cancel my order" but they still came...and I wasn't charged, bonus! But by the time they got here I went a different direction with the decorating of that room...so I plan to use those curtains in this room I'm about to redo.
Old 10-13-2021, 09:37 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I'll get it in by the beginning of next week. I just need to get my passport photo.

I have one room left in the house that still has wallpaper and I think I'm going to tackle it this weekend. It's going to take forever. The only thing that makes me want to do it is that I won't have to paint the ceiling, I had insulation blown into the attic a few years back and one of the guys up in the attic stepped where there wasn't a support beam and basically put a dent in that ceiling...so they had to take care of it and the whole ceiling was repainted.

Now I just need to decide on a color for the room. I ordered these West Elm curtains during covid lockdown for my room and they kept being delayed and I think it was like six months later where I just said, "screw it cancel my order" but they still came...and I wasn't charged, bonus! But by the time they got here I went a different direction with the decorating of that room...so I plan to use those curtains in this room I'm about to redo.
I remember that. I’m glad your getting to use them now. Taking wallpaper down is always a chore, even when it was hung properly.

I finished my sign for our scary town/spooky village. It looks really cute.

We’re hosting game night Friday and Baby M has a friend spending the night tomorrow.
I need to go to the grocery store. I’m making our first chili of the season. Yay!

It’s raining like mad right now. I love a good soaking rain. I hope it’s not humid in the morning.
Old 10-14-2021, 03:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It just rained for like 20 minutes and my back yard looks flooded.

My uncle had a heart attack today. He didn't want to go to the hospital, thought he had heartburn or was having a panic attack but my aunt insisted. Good thing she did because he was having a heart attack, he had one artery 100% blocked, the other blocked at 80%, other two at 60%...they had to put some stents in. He's in the ICU currently. It's just scary, my grandpa, his dad, died at 61 of a massive heart attack though he was in general pretty unhealthy. My uncle is fairly active, he plays hockey every week, goes to the gym to swim...he's only 59.
Old 10-15-2021, 05:26 PM
Master Fan

I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. hopefully they caught it in time.

I hope your chili comes out good! I LOVE chili!
Old 10-15-2021, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They discharged him already which I don't know if that's normal or if it's just a shortage of ICU beds so he's being sent home.

I started taking down the wallpaper today and I hate it. I started the process and then remembered that 'You' season 3 dropped on Netflix today and now I'm regretting all my decisions because I'd much rather be sitting on the couch binging that all weekend.
Old 10-15-2021, 09:35 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

OMG! Sorry to hear about your uncle! Unless there’s an issue, stents are a stay over night procedure. If they sent him home, that’s a good sign. I’ve been dealing with heart procedures with Daddy since I was 11. He just had surgery this week. He hates staying overnight.

I saw that season 3 of You dropped!

My chili was a hit! Our friends all loved it, seconds were had, and the recipe was requested. OM made pumpkin bars with a cinnamon cream cheese frosting…so good.

I told you wallpaper was a pain! You’ll love it when it’s done.
Old 10-15-2021, 10:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Oh trust me. I know. this house had wallpaper in every room and hallway and I've slowly done each room, some contractors did the halls because I couldn't get up to places above the stairs without being on a ladder on the stairs, and that's a no. One more room has two walls of wallpaper that aren't super offensive.

'You' was renewed for a 4th season too!
Old 10-16-2021, 02:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Slow and steady!
My friends are painting their bedroom. They got a quote, for just the bedroom…2500! I about died. OM told them we’d come do it for 1,000.

Quote:
Oh trust me. I know. this house had wallpaper in every room and hallway and I've slowly done each room, some contractors did the halls because I couldn't get up to places above the stairs without being on a ladder on the stairs, and that's a no. One more room has two walls of wallpaper that aren't super offensive.

'You' was renewed for a 4th season too!
Yay!