Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2021, 11:47 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Happy 4th!! I hope you are all doing something fantastic today!

Kitty update: Momma is still sick after 3 days of meds. The clinic can't see her until tomorrow.
All the babies have lost weight, further proving that I think the loss is bc of Momma having a lower milk production. We have supplemented all five this morning (it takes a L...O...N...G...time) We will supplement again early evening and then again before we go to bed.

We're having dinner with friends later. I made a black bean salad, a fruit salad, and a dessert that's called a salad. It's not. It got messed up though. It's made in layers and there was a hole in my second layer, so the top layer leaked into the second and third layers. It looks weird, but I'm sure it tastes fine. Me, being me, is not happy that it's not right.

We have a 40% chance of rain. It's cloudy and VERY humid. I'm not sure if that will affect the fireworks tonight or not. I guess it depends on when the rain actually comes through.

OM friends are coming this week! I think I'm as excited as she is.

The gift I ordered to give on tours should arrive Wednesday. I'm excited about that as well.
Old 07-05-2021, 08:34 AM
Master Fan

My brother had a party yesterday so I went over there for a little while. Today, going on the Sopranos tour with my nephew. And then I need to finish cleaning my bathroom. Oh K - on your recommendation, I got the Bissel steam shot! I have just started playing with it. Apparently I ordered a used one. It came a little weathered but all the parts were there EXCEPT the directions so I had to look it up on YouTube which is better for me anyhow. I am a visual learner. Haven't played with any of the gadgets yet. Have you steamed wrinkles from your clothes yet??? I am excited about that attachment. I didn't know about that one. That's a bonus.
Old 07-05-2021, 01:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Sorry I've been MIA, I was up north over the weekend and have zero internet and barely have service. Enough to like check twitter and maybe instagram but posting anything, yeah, no.

We had extended family up Saturday which is always exhausting, but they brought their new puppy, Riggs (Wrigley) and he was so so so cute.

And then yesterday we went golfing and then just drank the rest of the day away...at the PGA golf event I was at on Thursday I bought a canned grapefruit vodka soda and it was 12 dollars, then went to the bar later at the tournament and bought a mixed drink for 15 dollars, such a racket. Then I went into the up north golf course bar to get drinks for when we were playing and literally bought six canned beers, like decent beers, blue moon and summer shandy and two hearted ale, two bags of chips and a water (not all for me) and it was $16.00 for all of that! Country living vs. city living I guess.

I'm so sad to hear about the Columbus Blue Jackets player that died. I know it hasn't really been reported yet, but he was at a wedding weekend event near where I live. He actually used to play for the team I worked for so we have mutual friends and I know a few people who were at this wedding. What a freak accident, they initially said he fell out of the hot tub and hit his head while trying to escape an errant firework and that's what caused his death, but now it's coming out that he died from trauma to his chest from being hit with a firework. He was just 24. So sad.
Old 07-05-2021, 01:44 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

We went to friend’s last night. We didn’t actually see any fireworks. It was okay, we had a good time. We TRIED to see some, but couldn’t get toour other friends’s house. The police had the entire street shut down. We would have been able to watch from their driveway.

We are in full clean up mode since company will be here Wednesday.

Downstairs is 98% done, we’re working upstairs now.

OM has a video essay assignment due for her class, last assignment. She and her partner (Mario Lopez, obviously not AC Slater) both want to be finished by Wednesday morning. They meet with the TA today, so they are working on it now. I can’t believe we’ve already finished one semester of summer school. Y’all...it’s freaking July! OM‘s birthday is on the 28th! My parents are coming for her birthday (it’s Daddy’s bday too). My house will stay picked up!

Our friends have two new kittens. I WANT them! OMG! They are too cute. Baby M says no. Whatever.

Our kitties were doing better this morning, we had three gain weight over night. We supplemented the other two.

Buying alcohol out is just ridiculous! Those prices at the golf event are insane!

That’s so sad to hear about the blue jackets player. I’ve never heard of anyone being hit with a firework. That’s so unfortunate.

My cousins are moving to Germany and Baby M wants their dog. Um...nope!
Old 07-05-2021, 06:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I heard a lot of fireworks but didn't see any. Our little beach town that our cottage is in does them off the harbor wall so we can see them from our front lawn on the water, it's a mile north. But I was exhausted and I stayed inside with all the dogs who were freaking out.

I got home today half expecting the house to be a disaster because I left the cats for two nights by themselves. Aside from a few rugs askew probably from zooming around they did okay. Somehow decided it would be a good idea this afternoon to plant hydrangea bushes on a 95 degree day. Wouldn't have been that bad but I had to clear out the area I wanted them so I was dripping sweat. I looked like a tomato. Two shower day again.

I'm glad to hear the babies are doing better. I hope Mama is feeling better too.

I mean I'm used to like 8 dollar beers or whatever at baseball games...okay, they're pretty big and I'm having like one, but I was shocked by the prices at this golf tournament and you're there all day. You can't bring in drinks or food so you're at their mercy.

I guess, from what I've heard, and I don't know if it's all true because I've heard it second hand. He was in a hot tub and someone was lighting off fireworks down on the rocks by the lake and they tipped one went over their head but sent them scrambling and the second hit him. But they didn't know that was what hit him because he fell and they thought he had head trauma and that's what killed him. Though he was apparently talking when he left the house to go to the hospital It's just so sad. The wedding was for a former Red Wings' daughters, and that former Red Wing was this players goalie coach down in Columbus. I actually can't imagine the pain so many of the people involved must be going through as well.

Summer semesters always go by so fast. I loved them and hated them because who wants to go and sit in a four hour history lecture on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the summer. It was a lot to take in in a short period of time.
Old 07-06-2021, 09:58 AM
Master Fan

I hate fireworks, always have. They are so loud and scary. I mean, who was shooting them off so close to people?

Last edited by elherts; 07-06-2021 at 10:41 AM
Old 07-06-2021, 11:03 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I feel like you get a false sense of security letting off fireworks over water, which they were attempting to do. I saw a picture of the location and I get why they maybe didn't leave the hot tub, but it's dumb to not clear them out. Though my family is definitely guilty of doing fireworks on the beach at our cottage (nothing like mortar shells) and that's no more than 10 or 15 yards from the deck where people would be.

They were setting them off on the rocks by the water, and you can see where the hot tub is, truly a freak accident.

Old 07-06-2021, 03:35 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Apparently, I spoke too soon. I now have all 5 babies on antibiotics, and mom is on antibiotics and probiotics. Four of them had lost weight this morning. Two have diarrhea and one has vomited. This is fostering hell.
Old 07-06-2021, 03:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Oh no, when they're that little they're so fragile too. I hope they all make it and get better soon.

I started laundry and it wasn't supposed to storm until later and then it started storming and crazy lightening and I"m afraid to go into the basement to switch my clothes over to the dryer in case we lose power. I'm 37 years old and still afraid of the basement in the dark.
Old 07-06-2021, 04:37 PM
Master Fan

That is beautiful. Wow. And they are stupid.
Old 07-07-2021, 02:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Sometimes I don't know why I attempt to buy things off of Amazon like bathing suits. I wear a different size on top than I do on the bottom so it's hard to buy suits online that don't come in separates. Yet here I am, returning two I just got and looking for more.

I did finally find a dress for the wedding that had to be just dressy enough like I look like I'm going to a wedding but not too dressy since it's a "country" wedding. Baltic Born came through.

The storms this week are driving Griswold crazy. I feel bad, he's had a rough week between the fireworks and storms. The cats couldn't care less.
Old 07-08-2021, 10:01 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Kitties have all gained as of this very moment. Now, they might lose agin in the morning...but hopefully not. One kitty gained 10g today! still have some butt demons (my new favorite phrase, TY A), but overall we are on the upswing. We introduced gruel and they made the biggest mess. It was the literal definition of herding cats. Sooo funny! I wish we had it on video.

Saw my sister and niece today. OM’s friends are here. We played “tourist” today and had a great time. I wore them out.
Old 07-09-2021, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I cannot take credit for the butt demons term. Duke's foster mom sent me home with "instructions" and called them butt demons.

I'm glad it seems like they've turned a corner.

I've been back to working at home for a few days because I've been without power at work since Wednesday night, and they still don't have an estimate on when it'll be back on. We got hit with some really heavy storms and the tree damage was insane. My office building is across from a neighborhood and it's tree-lined and the power lines are just strewn over all these trees, still, two days later. At this point I'm hoping the power will be back on by Monday. I feel bad for the people that live over there.
Old 07-11-2021, 10:30 AM
Master Fan

I played tourist too, in Philly last night. We did the double deck bus tour and then walked around the UPenn campus. Went for a few drinks and dinner at some cool restaurants. My ankle was on fire by the time we got back to my friends place, but I did pretty well.

My niece called me at like 10:30. They were having storms and Scoobs was literally sitting on her head. Poor baby. Last week, I stayed at their house one night while they were all down the shore so I could have people over (they have a great outdoor space) and a storm blew in, flipped their bar and set the neighbors house alarm off. The police couldn't get it to shut off, so I tracked them down (they were in the Bahamas) but not until like 8am. It went off all night. He is so pissed at the alarm company.
Old 07-11-2021, 01:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I went up north yesterday and it was gorgeous. My cousin and his fiance were up and I felt like I had to go see her because I'm missing her bachelorette party next weekend to go to my other cousin's graduation party. Though I did not sleep well last night, they have two big dogs added to my aunt and uncle's big dog and Griswold, it was a lot. One of the dogs is just under a year old so it was like herding toddlers with all of them and they were up roaming all night.

We got up at like 6:15 to go golfing this morning and to beat the rain today. I hate rainy summer days. One thing I love about up north/country golfing was that they had no problem with us going out as a five-some.

But otherwise I'm randomly falling apart. I have a bite, no clue from what on my right temple. At first I thought it was a pimple, but I very very rarely break out any longer on my face and it just didn't feel like a pimple, it's gotten larger and swollen. I put some ice on it and it seemed to help? I did some gardening and planting this week. I'd guess that might have been when I was bitten by whatever.

And then my big toe, I did something to it when doing my own nails, like I pulled skin away and now it's super sore and swollen...I'm sure being in the lake yesterday didn't help but it's so sore today.

I'm a mess.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread