Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2019, 07:28 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yeah I feel like now it's basically superhero movie or bust. That all these studios are banking on the superhero franchise movies to fund the rest of their slate. So you have actors having to consciously take on what is going to be a franchise role which comes along with crazy fandom, comic con appearances, a lot of commitment, or you're signing on to a B level movie that you hope might be good enough to gain A level status with reviews and box office. Or you're going for it's all about the "art" approach and signing on to something that has the pedigree to be an Oscar contender or you fall into a movie that has a great script, good cast, and it all falls together and becomes a critical darling and in turn an awards season favorite.

I feel like Taylor is in the, take the B movie role and hope for the best, stage. I wish he'd be more about finding smaller movies that might have some Oscar pedigree while doing premiere TV work. We have the premiere TV work portion of it down...just need to work on those movie choices.

Though I'm interested to see what his next project is, doesn't sound like the Brazilian movie is a movie that would need one of his baby pictures...and he said hopefully he'll be able to talk about whatever project needs the baby picture soon.
Old 08-12-2019, 04:42 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Yeah I feel like now it's basically superhero movie or bust. That all these studios are banking on the superhero franchise movies to fund the rest of their slate. So you have actors having to consciously take on what is going to be a franchise role which comes along with crazy fandom, comic con appearances, a lot of commitment, or you're signing on to a B level movie that you hope might be good enough to gain A level status with reviews and box office. Or you're going for it's all about the "art" approach and signing on to something that has the pedigree to be an Oscar contender or you fall into a movie that has a great script, good cast, and it all falls together and becomes a critical darling and in turn an awards season favorite.

I feel like Taylor is in the, take the B movie role and hope for the best, stage. I wish he'd be more about finding smaller movies that might have some Oscar pedigree while doing premiere TV work. We have the premiere TV work portion of it down...just need to work on those movie choices.

Though I'm interested to see what his next project is, doesn't sound like the Brazilian movie is a movie that would need one of his baby pictures...and he said hopefully he'll be able to talk about whatever project needs the baby picture soon.
The Brazil movie is the sniper one, right?
Maybe he has a few irons in the fire. That wouldn’t surprise me at all.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yeah the Brazil movie is the sniper one. Seems an odd movie to provide baby pictures for.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:45 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Yeah the Brazil movie is the sniper one. Seems an odd movie to provide baby pictures for.
I agree.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:42 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Really have my fingers crossed hard its for the HBO series or something completely different.
Old 09-15-2019, 12:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Randomly every other week I'll see a mention of the Brazil project, but nothing new really...maybe the description is a little more in depth here:

Quote:
The producer Franco Films announced for 2020 a co-production between Brazil and France for the release of the movie release DOA - Death on Arrival.

The action film tells of the challenges of an English sniper when performing a mission in the city of São Paulo.

The production stars American actor Taylor Kitsch, known for his performance in all seasons of HBO's “True Detective” series.

He also played troubled football star Tim Riggins on NBC's "Friday Night Lights," and starred in films such as "X-Men Origins: Wolverine."

“DOA - Death on Arrival” will be entirely filmed in Brazil, with much of the technical staff of Brazilians, even though it is a minority co-production of the country.

Synopsis
Positioned on a roof of a large Sao Paulo building, Douglas is a sniper on a mission to the English government.

He was charged with murdering a businessman on Brazilian soil.

However, Douglas is quickly forced by a mysterious interlocutor to perform a succession of sadistic tests to divert him from his mission.

If he fails or refuses, innocent people will be punished.

Unable to leave his position or speak to his superiors, Douglas sets off to find a way out, facing this strange parasite that plays with his nerves.

With their eyes on their sights, the two men engage in a war of nerves.

Datasheet
Direction: Julien Seri

Production: Franco Films and Daigoro Filme

Distribution: Wild Bunch

DOA - Death on Arrival
Date: expected debut by 2020

Old 09-16-2019, 08:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Interesting .... still no word from Taylor though??
Old 09-16-2019, 04:54 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The director listed does not show this project on his IMDb page yet.

Taylor hasn't mentioned his attachment to this project yet.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yeah, Taylor hasn't said anything. The initial reports said that it would film from January to March of 2020.

Taylor mentioned he could talk about something "soon" but I was hoping it wasn't necessarily this.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yeah, Taylor hasn't said anything. The initial reports said that it would film from January to March of 2020.

Taylor mentioned he could talk about something "soon" but I was hoping it wasn't necessarily this.
Not too interested in this film for him or just hoping for more info on HBO project???
Old 09-16-2019, 10:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Just me being super judgmental about the Brazil project. It seems low budget/independent kind of vibe, but not the independent kind that wins awards but the independent kind that struggles for years to get released. But who knows, like I said, judgmental but also the subject matter is just kind of 'meh' to me. I feel like we've seen this movie and his last few movies (not TV roles) have been a bit pigeonholed with the whole bad guy or assassin or doing something with a gun...

I would be more excited to get news on the HBO series or something completely new.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Taylor will be joining his manager, Stephanie Simon at UT on September 23rd.

Quote:
Stephanie Simon (Founder & Partner/Manager, Untitled Entertainment) & Taylor Kitsch (Friday Night Lights, True Detective)
When: Monday, September 23, 2019 - 5:15-6:30 p.m.

Where: BMC 2.106

(Note time and location changes.)

Please join us for a Q&A session where we discuss Stephanie Simon’s career trajectory, her roles and responsibilities as a partner and manager with Untitled Entertainment, and her views on the current state of the media industries.

As a special treat, one of her clients—film and TV actor Taylor Kitsch (Friday Night Lights, True Detective)—will join us to discuss the actor/manager relationship as well as his experiences as both an actor and writer in Hollywood.
https://rtf.utexas.edu/programs-init...h-sept-23-2019

Last edited by worthyoflove; 09-18-2019 at 07:40 PM
Old 09-18-2019, 07:08 PM
Loyal Fan

This is awesome - I wonder if it will be recorded/broadcast somewhere???
Old 09-18-2019, 07:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It is podcasted and will be available free on SoundCloud.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So very cool!