Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2019, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

While I would LOVE to see him take the role if offered, I don't think he would. It just doesn't seem like his type of role.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:49 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Double post

Last edited by worthyoflove; 08-08-2019 at 09:54 AM
Old 08-08-2019, 09:49 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I actually came across an interview he did that I don't remember seeing back when he was doing AA and OTB press, there was just such a crush of new information I might have overlooked it.

But basically he was asked about doing big Blockbuster movies in the future:

Quote:
This year, Kitsch returns to the big screen in not one, but two movies: Only the Brave, the true-life story of a group of wildfire fighters, and American Assassin, the action thriller about rogue soldiers and stolen nukes. In both movies, he doesn’t play the lead. Does blockbusters still appeal to him?

“I don’t think I’ve turned myself off to them,” the 36-year-old actor tells us over the phone. “But I’m in an incredibly fulfilled state right now with the work that I’ve done, so I’m excited to just keep swinging. If the right blockbuster comes around, I’ll be all in. Just like I’m all in on these other movies. It’s just a matter of opportunity — if it’s the right time, the right filmmaker, and if the role speaks to me.”

Last edited by worthyoflove; 08-08-2019 at 09:55 AM
Old 08-08-2019, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
“I don’t think I’ve turned myself off to them,” the 36-year-old actor tells us over the phone. “But I’m in an incredibly fulfilled state right now with the work that I’ve done, so I’m excited to just keep swinging. If the right blockbuster comes around, I’ll be all in. Just like I’m all in on these other movies. It’s just a matter of opportunity — if it’s the right time, the right filmmaker, and if the role speaks to me.”
I believe this 100%.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I kind of feel like he's just plodding along and picking projects that he likes and if one hits, it hits. Though you kind of consciously have to sign on to a blockbuster. There are so few blockbusters that just happen organically, they're all superhero movies.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:39 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I kind of feel like he's just plodding along and picking projects that he likes and if one hits, it hits. Though you kind of consciously have to sign on to a blockbuster. There are so few blockbusters that just happen organically, they're all superhero movies.
I think he shies away from anything big, whether he realizes he does it... I don’t know.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:30 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think that there was absolutely a time after 2012 when he consciously stepped away from it. I still think he kind of does, even in that GQ article the author mentioned how shocked she was when he listed the projects he'd passed on, obviously meaning there were some big ones in there.
Old 08-09-2019, 04:25 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I think that there was absolutely a time after 2012 when he consciously stepped away from it. I still think he kind of does, even in that GQ article the author mentioned how shocked she was when he listed the projects he'd passed on, obviously meaning there were some big ones in there.
I'd love to know what he passed on.
Old 08-09-2019, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I know, it kills me to not know. Maybe I wouldn't want to know if it was something that catapulted a certain actor.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:50 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I know, it kills me to not know. Maybe I wouldn't want to know if it was something that catapulted a certain actor.
I want to know regardless!
Old 08-11-2019, 03:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I read the other day that Woody Harrelson passed on Jerry MacGuire. It must be an unsaid thing. Most actors don't talk about it. I thought that one was interesting.
Old 08-11-2019, 03:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

There are a few that some will let slip every once in a while, I heard that Woody one the other day, another one is Rachel McAdams was supposed to play Andy in The Devil Wears Prada but passed.
Old 08-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
There are a few that some will let slip every once in a while, I heard that Woody one the other day, another one is Rachel McAdams was supposed to play Andy in The Devil Wears Prada but passed.
She would have been good in that role, although I thought Anne Hathaway was great.
Old 08-11-2019, 07:26 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
She would have been good in that role, although I thought Anne Hathaway was great.
She was good in that role. I can’t picture Rachel doing it.
Woody would have been good. I can see that one. He would have been less intense than Tom.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:14 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I agree. The entertainment business has changed so much since 2012. There are Oscar winners now in comic book movies. All the care and attention seem to be going into either superhero movies or small indies that are discovered at Sundance and then primed for awards season. Even movies from a few years ago that would’ve been considered a major release, like Savages, aren't being made much anymore. So if you’re an actor of a certain stature, it must be easier now to just pick what speaks to you personally. However, there is so much out there now with streaming and cable, that if you don’t also think strategically, you risk becoming irrelevant by not building your fan base or having a hit.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread