Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2021, 03:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Max McLaughlin [Shadowplay/The Defeated] Thread #6: Because We're Finally Getting A Global Release

Shadowplay/The Defeated Thread #6

Production begins: April 2019

Quote:
Taylor Kitsch & Michael C. Hall Lead Cast Of ‘Shadowplay’ Drama Series From Tandem & Bron

EXCLUSIVE: Taylor Kitsch (Waco, True Detective) and Michael C. Hall (Dexter, Safe) are set to lead the cast of Shadowplay, a gritty dramatic thriller series from The Bridge co-creator Måns Mårlind, Studiocanal’s Tandem Productions and Bron Studios in co-production with ZDF. Nina Hoss (Phoenix, A Most Wanted Man), Sebastian Koch (The Lives of Others, Homeland), Tuppence Middleton (Sense8, War and Peace), Logan Marshall-Green (Prometheus) and Mala Emde (Brecht, Charité) round out the cast of the series’ first chapter.

Mårlind has conceived Shadowplay as a 16-episode series, told in two chapters. The initial eight-episode shoot will begin April 29 in Prague, and an additional eight episodes are planned for filming in 2020.

Created and written by Mårlin, Shadowplay is a character-driven thriller set in Berlin. It centers on the story of Max McLaughlin (Kitsch), an American cop who arrives in the city in the summer of 1946 to help create a police force in the chaotic aftermath of the war. Max’s goal is to take down “Engelmacher” Gladow (Koch), the Capone of post-war Berlin. At the same time, Max undertakes a secret crusade to find his missing brother Moritz (Marshall-Green), who is killing ex-Nazis in hiding. However, Max is completely unaware that he is being used as a pawn in what is the very beginning of the Cold War.

Kitsch will play Max, Hall is Tom Franklin, Hoss portrays Elsie, Koch will play Engelmacher, Middleton portrays Claire, Marshall-Green is Moritz and Emde is Karin.

Mårlind executive produces and will direct all episodes alongside his directing partner, Björn Stein (Underworld Awakening, Midnight Sun). Rola Bauer (Take Two, The Pillars of the Earth), Jonas Bauer (Spotless, The Company), Tim Halkin (World Without End, Labyrinth), Jim Gillespie (World Without End, I Know What You Did Last Summer), and Bron’s Aaron L. Gilbert, Steven Thibault and David Davoli (The Mule, Joker, Tully, Leave No Trace) also executive produce. Wolfgang Feindt (The Killing, The Same Sky) and Frank Seyberth (Trapped, The Bridge) executive produce for ZDF.

The first chapter of this one-hour returning series will be produced by Rick McCallum (Britannia, A United Kingdom), alongside Line Producer Veronika Lencova (Britannia, Crossing Lines), Director of Photography Erik Sohlström (Midnight Sun) and Production Designer Niels Sejer (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo).

Tandem Productions and Bron Studios are producing the series in co-production with ZDF. Shadowplay is co-financed by Creative Wealth Media along with a line-up of major international networks, including Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) for its premium streaming service Viaplay (Nordic region), Canal+ (France), Canal+ Poland and NPO (Holland). The series will be distributed worldwide by Studiocanal TV.

Tandem Productions and Kitsch are repped by CAA; Marshall-Green is repped by CAA and 3 Arts; Hall is repped by UTA, Authentic Talent & Literary Management and Hamilton Hodell; Mårlind is repped by Paradigm; Hoss is repped by Players Agentur Management; Middleton is repped by Conway van Gelder Grant; Emde is repped by Agentur Schwartz and Koch is repped by Agentur Schlag. S
https://deadline.com/2019/04/taylor-...on-1202592309/

CAST

Taylor Kitsch - Max McLaughlin
Michael C. Hall - Tom Franklin
Nina Hoss - Elise
Sebastian Koch - Engelmacher
Tuppence Middleton - Claire
Logan Marshall-Green - Moritz
Mala Emde - Karin

Last edited by worthyoflove; 08-20-2021 at 09:08 PM
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 03:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I feel like it'll be this fall. It's harder to track the mentions when it's called "The Defeated" which is what he called it, so I'd assume that's what it'll be called, which also means we're probably getting the edited, Americanized version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Boo to the edited version, but yay we're getting it at all!
At least we also know a DVD release is coming too, since it's already out in Australia. I can hope, because the lack of a Waco release still has me puzzled.
Old 06-18-2021, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

TFTNT!

A DVD would be great. I agree with you about Waco, I would get that for sure.
Old 06-19-2021, 06:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm glad I grabbed the Emmy DVD screener for Waco. I just didn't imagine it would never make it to DVD. And I still can't believe Paramount doesn't have it on its own streaming service. What the heck?
Old 06-19-2021, 10:20 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I'm glad I grabbed the Emmy DVD screener for Waco. I just didn't imagine it would never make it to DVD. And I still can't believe Paramount doesn't have it on its own streaming service. What the heck?
That makes no sense to me at all. None. So dumb. Air your own work!
Old 06-20-2021, 08:00 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's really baffling, up there with why Shadowplay hasn't found a home here sooner.

Though I will say, Netflix is a bit stagnate right now, they could use some new content.
Old 06-21-2021, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
It's really baffling, up there with why Shadowplay hasn't found a home here sooner.

Though I will say, Netflix is a bit stagnate right now, they could use some new content.
Virgin River has a new season coming July 9th. The reboot of Leverage drops the same day. I think it's on the IMDb channel...so commercials. Boo.

We finally got my parents to use Netflix the last time we were there...they've been watching all the shows. It's so cute. We showed them Hulu this weekend.
Old 06-21-2021, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I need a new true crime show. I feel like there's nothing new I'm interested in.
Old 06-22-2021, 11:00 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I need a new true crime show. I feel like there's nothing new I'm interested in.
I have no help for you. Is there anything out that is getting another season soon?
Old 06-22-2021, 02:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

You know what, I honestly don't know. I watch a lot of one-off series. I'm waiting on 'You' and 'Pen15' to come back oh and I think Ted Lasso is back next month too. Season 2 of The Morning Show?

I haven't watched Shadowplay in so long now it'll feel brand new when it's actually here.
Old 06-22-2021, 07:28 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
You know what, I honestly don't know. I watch a lot of one-off series. I'm waiting on 'You' and 'Pen15' to come back oh and I think Ted Lasso is back next month too. Season 2 of The Morning Show?

I haven't watched Shadowplay in so long now it'll feel brand new when it's actually here.
It will be! Especially if we get the edited version.
Old 06-23-2021, 03:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think it will be, unfortunately. Though a fan that did watch hit mentioned they thought it flowed better as the edited version.
Old 06-23-2021, 07:39 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I think it will be, unfortunately. Though a fan that did watch hit mentioned they thought it flowed better as the edited version.
Well, that remains to be seen. If they ever release it for us TO see!
Old 06-25-2021, 05:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I feel like it'll be this fall at some point.
Old 06-26-2021, 03:08 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I feel like it'll be this fall at some point.
I'm still hoping for September. It'll give us something to watch before all the current shows start airing new episodes.