Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2021, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
My favorite episodes by far are the fan question episodes just because I'd much rather hear more stories and less recapping of episodes.
I love the stories! The episode drives the stories we get.

I wonder when they’ll have Taylor on.
Old 11-23-2021, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

This was a good episode. I love hearing from Gaius, he's so great. I love how sentimental he gets about the series and that it's almost too heavy for him to rewatch because it just takes him back to those moments and it's too emotional because it means too much to him. I feel that.

Also! Never knew this...Smash's room was actually in the Riggins house.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:28 PM
Master Fan

I love that he said he loves Taylor.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:33 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I was listening in the car today. Great episode. I love that Derek said Brad listens to each one. I would love to her Brad do the different Texas accents. Was that in this episode or the fan one? I listened to them both today.
Old 11-24-2021, 07:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

This is kind of OT but I saw on Twitter some Riggins references in the most recent episode of Yellowstone, but I haven't started this season yet so I wasn't sure what it was...but here it is, Yellowstone spoilers incoming:

Quote:
Does ‘Yellowstone’ Season 4 Include a ‘Friday Night Lights’ Shout Out?

Sharp Yellowstone viewers caught a Friday Night Lights shout out in Season 4, and it’s all courtesy of co-creator Taylor Sheridan’s legacy.

Chances are, if you’re exited for Yellowstone spinoff 6666, you’re a Friday Night Lights fan. Few classics embody the Lone Star State with the same fervor as this sports masterpiece. The rural drama of Dillon, Texas, spanned 5 seasons and remains an audience favorite to this day.

But how is it connected to Yellowstone? Redditor Abject_Plant1339 explains.

“So the guy that coordinated the hit on the Duttons is named T. Riggins. Is this a nod to Tim Riggins from Friday Night Lights? It appears that Sheridan was Taylor Kitsch’s acting coach prior to landing the role of Tim Riggins. I personally think Kitsch would be a great addition to the cast of Yellowstone, but 6666 makes more sense due to the state it is located in,” they cite.

Kitsch’s most famous line from the show, too, ties it all together: “Texas forever, Street.”

Of this, Redditor HskrRooster says “My buddy and I will just randomly look at each other and say “Texas forever” in a real exaggerated accent lol. I would LOVE for him to join.”

“Great connection! And I’d love to see Kitsch join Four Sixes. Texas Forever!” replies Yellowstone fan iheartsev.

“I’d love to see things like that!! I’m a little worried if they don’t have as strong a draw with Jimmy, maybe Walker, and Travis being the center pieces…” echoes Redditor WulfGar57.

‘Yellowstone’ Fans Would Love to See ‘Friday Night Lights’ Actors in Western Franchise
Yellowstone Redditor Carolina May brings in a different perspective, offering: “Welp, if there were concerns there’d be no eye candy on 6666, that would certainly solve that problem! saw a funny meme saying there’s a direct correlation between loving Riggins and Kayce!”

“I thought that was a cute little reference, too,” adds Miss Kimba.

“You could drop most of the cast into 6666 and it be great. Coach Taylor was in the other new show, he’d fit right in,” echoes 21ryan21. Ryan speaks of actor Kyle Chandler, who’s in Taylor Sheridan’s new series, Mayor of Kingstown. It’s not a Yellowstone spinoff proper, but it does feature Sheridan’s signature storytelling.

Then, over in spinoff 1883, we have both Friday Night Lights alums Tim McGraw and Billy Bob Thornton in the cast, too. Outside of these gents, Yellowstone fans have quite the dream cast for the show. In another recent Reddit thread, Redditor adiman93 poses the question: “What are some of the actors you would like to see on the show?” – and the answers are pitch-perfect.

This Redditor kicks things off with some truly fine suggestions. “For Example : Timothy Olyphant as a US Marshall looking into the business dealings of the Dutton Family.”

In addition, “Ian McShane as a politician from Montana who wants to be Governor, he is opposing the Dutton Family. Or Walton Goggins: A cowboy who has history with Rip.”

Yes to all of the above. This Outsider’s top want? Jeff Bridges. In any Yellowstone franchise role.
https://outsider.com/news/yellowston...hts-shout-out/
Old 11-26-2021, 08:11 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Is the 6666 spin-off set in west Texas where the four 6 ranch actually is? It’s in a teeny tiny dot on the map town called Guthrie.
Old 11-26-2021, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The prequel is just the origin story of Yellowstone, so I don't know if it's that they go up there from Texas or if there is a connection. A lot of people were speculating/pushing for Taylor to be in the prequel. Maybe at some point he'll make a guest appearance.
Old 11-27-2021, 09:34 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
The prequel is just the origin story of Yellowstone, so I don't know if it's that they go up there from Texas or if there is a connection. A lot of people were speculating/pushing for Taylor to be in the prequel. Maybe at some point he'll make a guest appearance.
That’s interesting. It’s a very popular show, I’m sure the spin off will be loved too. I’d love for Taylor to have a part! I’m sure he’ll pick a character that dies.
Old 11-27-2021, 06:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I always thought with the Taylor Sheridan connection especially would mean some sort of appearance from Taylor since, as far as I know, they're still friendly.
Old 11-27-2021, 10:55 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I saw that the prequel will be called 1883 and is being filmed on the 6666 ranch.
Old 11-28-2021, 12:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I know that Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are in it.
Old 11-28-2021, 05:52 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It would be fun if Taylor turns up in it!
Old 11-28-2021, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He's not far from where they film!
Old 11-30-2021, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

Didn't finish it, but I loved today's podcast. I LOVE the scene between Street's mom and Tim. And I'm not sure what teacher they are speaking of in regards to Janice form Friends. I will have to go back and watch.
Old 11-30-2021, 06:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's the scene in a classroom where Waverly is talking about monogamy and they kind of scan to Tim as well. But they're wrong, that's not the first time she appears on the show. She's in the scene earlier in the season at Tami's book club, but it's just a small shot of her, there's a deleted scene that has her speaking with Tami about the crazy moms. I remember watching it at first and not being sure if it was Janice or not.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread