Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Ben Edwards [Terminal List] Thread #1: Because We Love Seeing Him As A SEAL

'Terminal List' Thread #1

Production begins: TBA
Scheduled release date: TBA

Quote:
Taylor Kitsch will star alongside Chris Pratt in Amazon’s television adaptation of Jack Carr’s bestselling novel “The Terminal List,” Variety has confirmed. The series is a co-production from Amazon Studios and Civic Center Media in association with MRC Television.

The “Friday Night Lights” actor will play Ben Edwards, a former Navy SEAL and the best friend of James Reece, played by Pratt.

“The Terminal List” follows Reece after his entire platoon of SEALS is ambushed during a high-stakes covert mission. When Reece returns home to his family, he questions his own culpability with muddled memories of the event. However, as new evidence comes to light, Reece discovers dark forces working against him. Edwards uses his CIA Ground Branch access and operator skillset to help Reece seek his vengeance.

The series is executive produced by Pratt and Jon Schumacher through Indivisible Productions, Antonia Fuqua through Fuqua Films and writer Daniel Shattuck. Carr is also attached to executive produce, as well as showrunner and writer David DiGilio. The show was first reported as being in development last February, with Amazon ordering it to series last May.

For the small screen, Kitsch most recently portrayed cult leader David Koresh in Paramount Networks’ “Waco,” which he also executive produced. Prior to that, he starred in HBO’s “True Detective” with Colin Farrell, Rachel McAdams and Vince Vaughn. Up next, Kitsch will star in StudioCanal TV’s “Shadowplay,” in which he headlines along with Michael C. Hall and Logan Marshall-Green.

Kitsch is repped by Untitled Entertainment and Range Media Partners.

Deadline first reported the casting announcement.

Cast:
Chris Pratt ... James Reece
Taylor Kitsch ... Ben Edwards
Old 02-23-2021, 06:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Perhaps when this comes out, we can watch together at some point ... another series to rewatch in lieu of or in addition to FNL??
Old 02-23-2021, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Does Amazon do weekly releases? I honestly have never watched an Amazon series that wasn't completely released, but I think they release weekly...
Old 02-23-2021, 06:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I pass a bookstore on my way home and picked up a copy. I can update with where I might think it would be filmed/Taylor's character if you guys are interested.

I don't know if I'll get to it before this weekend though.

Edit just glancing through the book this is definitely very much a supporting role, like might not appear in all the episodes supporting role unless they've reworked it. There's really only one scene with him in the first 100 pages, his character has been married three times, he's apparently sporting a giant beard. Maybe he'll have a larger part toward the second half of the book.

My guess is films in California at least for the present day scenes, it's most set in southern California.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 02-23-2021 at 07:45 PM
Old 02-23-2021, 07:45 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Does Amazon do weekly releases? I honestly have never watched an Amazon series that wasn't completely released, but I think they release weekly...
They release all at once.

If he needs a big beard, he better start growing it.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm wondering if maybe at least the first episode we might not see him. But who knows, just because it's one way in the book doesn't mean it won't be reworked. I have a hard time believing he'd sign on to that he didn't really love. Though it would make sense it's more supporting if he had a few things in the works. He would have some flexibility and wouldn't have to be on the set full time.

I get Chris McKenzie vibes here in a Murphy body.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:43 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I can already tell this show is going to get some hate from the left. This guy seems to be a regular on Fox News.

And I'll say this and just leave it, because I don't hate this move. I love seeing him on tv series, but for someone who claims to want to try different things and does at times. He does fall into the former Navy Seal/ex-military trope quite often.

Anyway, his post about the cast and more casting news coming. There are female characters that would be pretty predominate.

Old 02-24-2021, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So I spoiled myself and...

Spoiler:
Old 02-24-2021, 07:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Although I haven't read the book, I had a sneaking suspicion from the book reviews I did read ...
Old 02-24-2021, 07:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So the publisher of this book is the same publisher as American Assassin, I'd completely forgotten this but we did a giveaway with some books back when American Assassin was filming. He reached out to me again and is giving me 20 books to giveaway (through them).

Anyone want one? I mean I'm not playing favorites but if anyone here wants one you guys can DM me and I'll put your name on the list. I plan to post something on IG/Twitter next week to grab other "winners"
Old 02-24-2021, 08:53 PM
Loyal Fan

I just downloaded it on Audible (I had a free credit). Thanks though!!
Old 02-25-2021, 05:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
So the publisher of this book is the same publisher as American Assassin, I'd completely forgotten this but we did a giveaway with some books back when American Assassin was filming. He reached out to me again and is giving me 20 books to giveaway (through them).

Anyone want one? I mean I'm not playing favorites but if anyone here wants one you guys can DM me and I'll put your name on the list. I plan to post something on IG/Twitter next week to grab other "winners"
I do! Put me down. What info do they need?
Old 02-25-2021, 08:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I would just need your name and address, or wherever you want it sent. Just message me. I'll be passing it on to the publisher and they'll send it out after I get them the 20 names. I assume I can get 20 people (or now 19) who would want a free copy.

I'm going to post something about it this week and then send the names over to him next weekend. At least that's my plan right now.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I would just need your name and address, or wherever you want it sent. Just message me. I'll be passing it on to the publisher and they'll send it out after I get them the 20 names. I assume I can get 20 people (or now 19) who would want a free copy.

I'm going to post something about it this week and then send the names over to him next weekend. At least that's my plan right now.
Nevermind. My library has it. I'm actually reading Alison Arngrin's biography right now. She plays Nellie on Little House. It's very interesting.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:

I want one!