Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

True, and if she wouldn't have moved back home, the whole show would'nt have taken place
Old 03-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sure there's plenty of rich brats in NYC... but there wouldn't have been the family aspect of the show.
Ellie
Old 03-21-2010, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by then you must kiss me (View Post)
twas the only thing that would make her desperate enough to be willing to go back home.
Too true. Only way to make it play out the way it did.

And yes, she was WAY unprofessional. Really made me wonder why her boss would even try to help her to get another job. I mean really?

Chrissy |
Old 03-21-2010, 02:54 PM
Elite Fan

IDK IreallyDK
Ellie
Old 03-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissalaugha (View Post)
Too true. Only way to make it play out the way it did.

And yes, she was WAY unprofessional. Really made me wonder why her boss would even try to help her to get another job. I mean really?
This kind of thing only happens in TV land, where they make life all sunshine and kittens. So not realistic. you don't start crying and whining like a fricking baby in front of your boss, especially when you are on the verge of getting fired like she was. She would have gotten her ass fired if htis would have been in the real world.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Elite Fan

yeah. it's just not fair.
Ellie
Old 03-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

People getting jobs easily is such a sore subject with me being I have been job hunting for over 2 years, I hate it when TV shows make it seem like jobs just fall in your damn lap or someting.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Elite Fan

I know what you mean. I graduated high school in 06, finished beauty school in March 08, and I got my first job in November 09, which lasted exactly 5 weeks before I was let go.
Ellie
Old 03-21-2010, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Sucks, doesn't it Ellie??? I graduated college in Dec. 07 with a Elementary Teaching degree, and have been subbing ever since, and sending out a billion fricking job applications. Part of me feels like I should be glad I am subbing, but I didn't spend all that time and effort just to be a sub, I want my own classroom, but the only way I can ensure that happening is to go back to school, which would cost money that I don't have. So in my eyes, Megan has absolutely nothing to complain about. I know that Sage is a royal bitch and all that, but sometimes you gotta put up with people like that in order to survive.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Elite Fan

yeah, I hate it. it's impossible to get into salons unless you know someone, because I don't know any like... chair places that are anything other than hair, and I don't DO hair, so... yeah, Megan's got it easy
Ellie
Old 03-21-2010, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

At least this isn't the only show that this happens on, all of them do it. Which I understand, because we watch these shows to escape from real life, I would rather watch a show where something exciting happened, not just some girl who is job hunting, which is the reality.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, Megan's got it easy. Unfairly so. Admittedly I only just graduated university this fall and am currently aimless and basically HAVE to go back to school. I would put up with Sage's bitchiness any day to get to make that kind of money plus perks.
And yeah, I know we all want to escape from our lives and all but I also think when it's totally ridiculously good on the shows it just makes us feel more horrible about our own lives. GRR

Chrissy |
Old 03-21-2010, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissalaugha (View Post)
Yes, Megan's got it easy. Unfairly so. Admittedly I only just graduated university this fall and am currently aimless and basically HAVE to go back to school. I would put up with Sage's bitchiness any day to get to make that kind of money plus perks.
And yeah, I know we all want to escape from our lives and all but I also think when it's totally ridiculously good on the shows it just makes us feel more horrible about our own lives. GRR
Its ok to be aimless, thats the kind of era we live in unfortunetly. That is very true, about them making us feel like what the hell is wrong with my life if its that good on TV, but then I remember how stupid Hollywood can be, and I try to laugh about it.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh, but I don't want to be aimless - I want to be lucky like Megan. I mean she got that thing tossed into her lap and then Laurel wants to introduce her to everyone at the event. HELLO! She's the HELP that so wouldn't happen in the real world either unless she was already friends with the people

Okay, I just feel like thinking about this is making me feel less than great about myself

Chrissy |
Old 03-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Yeah that was wierd at the end of the first episode, with her even being invited, well I guess that made sense being she was there to keep an eye on the girls, but she being introduced to people, no way, wouldn't happen. She would have been silently following the girls attempting to blend in as much as possible.