Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2018, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Those are so scary but maybe.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think we're good for this month? I forgot how much we need .
Old 05-25-2018, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think we are, did we get a final count? I have been so busy this month and so much work drama I may just have to quit
Old 05-25-2018, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

quit your job? That sounds pretty bad
Old 05-25-2018, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It is getting worse, I got exposed to smoke again today, they are not stopping it and not letting people know when they change the times and my health is suffering from it. I can probably find another job with less work and more money but I will have to move away which is not ideal and I am two years from getting my health benefits for retirement. This is very frustrating because it is all about the money. Of course they said it was only two more weeks, unfortunately I am working 7 days a week and it could happen again
Old 05-26-2018, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

can you not take some time off while they're doing this? Maybe a sick note even?
Old 05-27-2018, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have too many time sensitive projects, I could turn them in, they are violating federal, state, and university policies. I am trying to work with them but they are not trying as hard to work with me. I emailed my boss and a bunch of higher ups but they are all on holiday until Tuesday. I may have to fro my projects and take off the next 2 weeks, I font even need a note cause I have toms of vacation days :lol; I hate to let the people I am doing the work for down though I am sure my boss will call me down to his office when he returns.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think we're good for the month .

Lanie , so sorry to hear about that. I hope things work out the best for you and I get what you're going through. I was talking to Julie the other day about how things got really abusive with my pHD advisor and I had to set some boundaries. It ruined a few days for me.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This has ruined pretty much the month of May. Finally about an hour ago my boss told the guy running the smoking study that if he could not work around my schedule that he would no longer be able to continue his study. I finally have a victory in what has seemed like a war where I was getting beat at all ends even though I was right and my health was suffering because no one wanted to deal with it. Fortunately the squeaky wheel finally got some oil. I hope the drama is over but who knows. Sorry to hear about your issues, I hope it works out for you.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yay, awesome to hear that things are changing for you at work . And thanks, it's getting better for me too, I'm trying to be more assertive and it's working.

Minimum for June 2018: 189,100
Old 06-01-2018, 05:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes it is so important to stand up for what is right. I am not the type of person to rock the boat but when it is something wrong I can't just sit back and let it happen. People here look to me to be their voice as well because kind of in the middle of not really management and not really one of them so plus I am pretty much untouchable since I would have a really hard time replacing me and need me a lot, it is very hard though to fight your employer even when you are right. I try to get inspired by people that stood up for what was right and try to be as civil as possible (believe me I held back a lot!) So far things have calmed down but I have a feeling it is not completely over because they are doing the smoke study in the morning next week and I bet it runs into my time in the building, which is what we finally negotiated would not happen
Any way I came on to get the count and you rock and did it Thanks
Old 06-02-2018, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm just like you, and I think we're also both kind, good people and some people can try and take advantage of that if we let them, but we need to stand up for something, or we'll fall for anything . I've been more assertive and if I don't wanna do something or if someone asks me to do something that's not my job, I'm not doing and I'm letting them know why. Same if they cross a line. No more Mr. Boy Scout .

You're welcome .
Old 06-04-2018, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Aaron Paul

May:

Quote:
146. Evangeline Lilly (678 | 21.87)
Old 06-05-2018, 05:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Speedster (View Post)
I'm just like you, and I think we're also both kind, good people and some people can try and take advantage of that if we let them, but we need to stand up for something, or we'll fall for anything . I've been more assertive and if I don't wanna do something or if someone asks me to do something that's not my job, I'm not doing and I'm letting them know why. Same if they cross a line. No more Mr. Boy Scout .

You're welcome .
It gets easier to do when you get older, especially after having children and you have to stand up for them. I don't like rocking the boat but I will do it when it is seriously important, like for my kids and for the health and welfare of me and my coworkers. Yes, kind people do get walked all over and taken advantage of, we just need to set limits and say no. It is very stressful though. I have a training Friday and I am going down to DC with one of our vets, she is just under the boss in our department and she was not involved in the smoking stuff but I want to try to find out why from her that the boss would disregard the health of everyone in the building, I hope she has a satisfactory answer -could there be one??? I doubt it, it was about money and it makes me angry. I have just less than 2 years to secure my benefits into retirement then I can retire, get another job elsewhere and do less work for more money.

We did great last month
Old 06-07-2018, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, we start running out of fks to give . I've always been overprotective of my family, but now with my niece I'm a lot more zealous .

You ask her. I'm sure things will work out .