Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2015, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hope Van Dyne | Ant Man {Spoilers & Speculation} | #2: “It’s going to be certainly a part of our Phase 3.” - Kevin Feige on Hope's future

Last edited by Hero of Time; 07-20-2015 at 10:03 PM
Old 07-20-2015, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Aaron Paul

tftnt
Old 07-20-2015, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT
Old 07-20-2015, 07:35 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT, does Marvel have an Ant-Man 2 on their schedule?
Old 07-20-2015, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostcandy (View Post)
TFTNT, does Marvel have an Ant-Man 2 on their schedule?
Not yet, as far as I know. They're probably waiting to see how the first one does, but I think a sequel is a safe bet, given the praise from critics and fans, plus it's making good money for Marvel.

Hope won't be part of Captain America: Civil War:
Quote:
Alright, let’s talk Hope Van Dyne as The Wasp.

One of the bigger storylines running through Ant-Man was Hope Van Dyne (Evangeline Lilly) wanting to don the size-changing suit and help her father stop the Yellowjacket, but we find out Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) recruits Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) because he doesn’t want to lose his daughter like he lost his wife to the ever-shrinking Microverse.

But Hank changes his mind, showing Hope the Wasp suit he and his wife (her mother) were working on for her when she got older. Hope ends the scene by saying “About damn time,” and we fade to black.

Now the question is when will we see Hope as The Wasp?

Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige told Zap2it when we shouldn’t expect to see The Wasp on the big screen:

It’s a good question, and it will certainly be in phase three. Where exactly in phase three I’m not sure, but it won’t be in Civil War.

She was included in early versions of Civil War but there are so many characters in Civil War that we didn’t want to do her a disservice, like she flies in, ‘I’ve got the costume now’, and she flies out. With Ant-Man, and I’m not saying that’s what Ant-Man does in the movie, but we already know him, we’ve already seen him. We haven’t seen her as Wasp and we don’t want to rob the opportunity of seeing her in the outfit for at least almost the first time, and seeing her dynamic with Scott in a way it could play out, so we’re saving it. But it’s going to be in Phase Three for sure.

At least they have enough respect for the character to not rush into showing her in a “fly-by” cameo.

But where does she fit in? With upcoming films like Doctor Strange, Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Black Panther it could be any one of them. But these films just don’t feel right.

The only one that feels right is the next Avengers film, Infinity War, Part One. Could you imagine a dramatic third-act debut with her and Ant-Man showing up to do something extremely heroic? I can.

For now all we can do is sit and wait, wondering just when we’ll see The Wasp buzz onto the screen.
Kevin Feige Tells us When we SHOULDN’T Expect to See The Wasp in the MCU |

I would love if she had a movie with Black Widow, but if not, I think we're gonna have wait for the Ant Man sequel or a cameo in a movie before Infinity Wars and then we'll see her in both Avengers 3 movies.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It will be sexy for her to be in another film I think it will be awhile because of the pregnancy and all but it will be cool to see do another movie
Old 07-22-2015, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Aaron Paul

Yeah, probably in the Ant Man sequel. It would be cool if they had a movie just about the women

Quote:
As the plot of Marvel Studios’ new film Ant-Man unfolds, we learn that Michael Douglas’ Dr. Hank Pym used to have a wife named Janet Van Dyne, who was the mother of Evangeline Lilly’s Hope and would team up with Hank on shrinking-required S.H.I.E.L.D. missions - under the codename "the Wasp." Sadly, Hank and Hope lost contact with Janet forever when she shrunk herself down too much and entered the Quantum Realm – another dimension where space and time are meaningless. After watching the film, one question that audiences are left is whether or not there’s any possibility that Janet could have survived this trip, and while there isn’t an official answer on the table, Evangeline Lilly believes that she is… and also an ideal casting choice for the part.

During the Los Angeles press day for Ant-Man that was held earlier this month, I had the wonderful opportunity to sit down for a one-on-one interview with the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s Hope Van Dyne, and it was while diving into spoiler territory that Lily revealed her personal thoughts about whether or not her on-screen mother is actually still alive. She told me,

Marvel hasn’t told me, but I kind of, again, fabricating my own… I think that she could be and that it could be a great, I mean, I would love to see a storyline where Hope somehow, I don’t know, tries to find her mom or meets her or something happens where there’s some amazing reunion. I think that would be super cool, and I have my dream casting already, for my mom.

Of course, I couldn’t just let this comment hang, so I asked if she could tell me the name of the actress she wants to play Janet. Her response?

It’s got to be Michelle Pfeiffer.

After making note of the fact that it would be Michelle Pfeiffer’s second comic book movie after famously playing Catwoman in Tim Burton’s Batman Returns, Evangeline Lilly explained that role has a lot to do with her choice:

That was my favorite of all time of all the comic book female characters, but Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman. Not just anybody or anything, not even like in the comic books, Michelle Pfeiffer
Is The Original Wasp Still Alive? Heres What Evangeline Lilly Says - CINEMABLEND
Old 07-22-2015, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Aaron Paul

Yeah, probably in the Ant Man sequel. It would be cool if they had a movie just about the women

Quote:
As the plot of Marvel Studios’ new film Ant-Man unfolds, we learn that Michael Douglas’ Dr. Hank Pym used to have a wife named Janet Van Dyne, who was the mother of Evangeline Lilly’s Hope and would team up with Hank on shrinking-required S.H.I.E.L.D. missions - under the codename "the Wasp." Sadly, Hank and Hope lost contact with Janet forever when she shrunk herself down too much and entered the Quantum Realm – another dimension where space and time are meaningless. After watching the film, one question that audiences are left is whether or not there’s any possibility that Janet could have survived this trip, and while there isn’t an official answer on the table, Evangeline Lilly believes that she is… and also an ideal casting choice for the part.

During the Los Angeles press day for Ant-Man that was held earlier this month, I had the wonderful opportunity to sit down for a one-on-one interview with the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s Hope Van Dyne, and it was while diving into spoiler territory that Lily revealed her personal thoughts about whether or not her on-screen mother is actually still alive. She told me,

Marvel hasn’t told me, but I kind of, again, fabricating my own… I think that she could be and that it could be a great, I mean, I would love to see a storyline where Hope somehow, I don’t know, tries to find her mom or meets her or something happens where there’s some amazing reunion. I think that would be super cool, and I have my dream casting already, for my mom.

Of course, I couldn’t just let this comment hang, so I asked if she could tell me the name of the actress she wants to play Janet. Her response?

It’s got to be Michelle Pfeiffer.

After making note of the fact that it would be Michelle Pfeiffer’s second comic book movie after famously playing Catwoman in Tim Burton’s Batman Returns, Evangeline Lilly explained that role has a lot to do with her choice:

That was my favorite of all time of all the comic book female characters, but Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman. Not just anybody or anything, not even like in the comic books, Michelle Pfeiffer
Is The Original Wasp Still Alive? Heres What Evangeline Lilly Says - CINEMABLEND
Old 07-24-2015, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

I Hope () they focus on Hope, not Janet, to be honest. Maybe a couple of Janet flashbacks and that's it. Hope is MCU's Wasp, period.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would love to see more Hope
Old 07-28-2015, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Marvel has released an official pic for the Wasp's prototype suit:

I love it . I can't wait to see Evi wearing it, it'll look amazing.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Evi would look great in that
Old 07-29-2015, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Aaron Paul

Cool outfit
Old 07-29-2015, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know, right? She can sting me any day .
Old 07-30-2015, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ewe. Does she actually sting people?