Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2023, 01:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

I have looked but I’m not trying to take anything over and I don’t know too much about how it works on choosing colors. I know darker colors aren’t really used.

But here’s a couple I like maybe

https://coolors.co/palette/2364aa-3d...-fec601-ea7317 - The 2nd and third column in this palette

https://coolors.co/palette/49c6e5-54...-00bd9d-8bd7d2 - The blues and greens in this one
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 02:12 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Take over what? All posters are encouraged to share ideas.

For darker colours we can't use an all dark colour scheme. There can be darker colours included. They are used for things like links, the bars, & sometimes the buttons.

Chelle » join GT • my art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 03:04 PM
Master Fan

Correct me if I’m wrong Chelle, but I was under the assumption the any darker colour can be used if it blends into the character background. What that translates to is ‘you can have 3 dark colours you like and 3 lighter. But they can blend into the background but might not be apart of the links or borders.
B Ä“ tt ⓨ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 03:17 PM
Graphics Team Manager

While I am not sure what you are trying to say there Betty, I am going to say yes you are wrong. There is no set amount of dark or light colours needed for a colour scheme. What people consider dark, light, or bright also vary between people. There is no set amount of colours you need in a colour scheme but we prefer a minimum of five. They could be all light shades, however there needs to be some contrast so that key areas stand out. That can just be one shade. A board wanting a darker feel may have four dark colours & one or two pale colours for us to use as the base. Then yes we can have colours which only appear in the graphic. But there is again no set number associated there, but it is better to just have the one for that. So I am not sure where you get three or even six from. That is not something we take into consideration when looking at colour schemes.

As for Mel's comment about dark colours that I was responding to - that presumably comes from the fact that we no longer do dark boards (there used to be boards with dark bases/backgrounds, even black ones). This can be confused as meaning we don't use dark colours at all. Which is what I was clarifying.

Old 05-29-2023, 04:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah that’s what I meant…dark boards. But okay I see what you mean about dark colors. I know nothing about making anything so in my mind for some reason I’m always thinking two colors but in actuality several more are used. Which should have been obvious to me

So I might take another look. I think I would walk back my first suggestion (the first link) but I think I still like the second one a lot.

ETA: Here’s a few more I like.

https://coolors.co/palette/3fc1c0-20...-1c558e-1d4e89

https://coolors.co/palette/48beff-3d...-3d7068-14453d

https://coolors.co/palette/0377a8-11...-a0f1da-b4fadc

https://coolors.co/palette/114b5f-10...-027da9-035e86

Last edited by Enigma; 05-29-2023 at 04:24 PM
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I too thought Boards only had the two colour scheme.

As far as the current colour scheme on this Board, how many colours does it have, just so I know what to consider when making my suggestions.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 12:12 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I'd say a minimum of five colours in the colour scheme. We can also combine colours from different colour schemes to create a new one

If you take a look at what you've got now for example you have the base colour, the colour for the bars, the colour for the links, the colour for the buttons, then the colour for areas like the mini profiles. That's at least four-five different colours. We definitely couldn't do it with just two colours. We could however design a colour scheme for you based on two colours if you just wanted complimentary lighter/darker shades.

Old 05-31-2023, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think if we have different hues/shades of colour, like a couple shades blue and a couple shades of green. Of course we would have to contrast with lighter colours for some spots.

I think it's going to be tough picking the right combo.

Old 06-01-2023, 12:41 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Have you had the chance to look at any of the colours Mel has suggested? Do you like any of them? Or had a chance to look at any that you like?

These links may support you: green & light blue / green & dark blue / turquoise / green / blue

Old 06-01-2023, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like palette 4484 and 4518, but the main colours of the Board would be blue.

Last edited by JJH85; 06-01-2023 at 09:00 PM
Old 06-02-2023, 12:56 AM
Graphics Team Manager

So you're thinking blue board with green highlights (e.g. buttons, links)?

We could combine those colour schemes, either with or without the yellow like one of these:

Colour Scheme Generator

Colour Scheme Generator

Old 06-02-2023, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, that is kind of what I was imagining and yes, without the yellow. I think I would like a lighter blue than the lightest one in your palette for the background though.

Old 06-02-2023, 06:34 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I wouldn't go much paler than these:

Colour Scheme Generator

Colour Scheme Generator

For the two colour schemes the first one is more purple-toned so some shades may appear more purple in some lights/on some screens. If that makes any difference.

Old 06-02-2023, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Where I'm typing right here, it almost looks off white, so that's what I was going by.

Old 06-02-2023, 08:06 PM
Graphics Team Manager

The background is the colour behind the graphic, like where the arrow below is pointing.

So your current background colour would be this:

All areas which are white now, like the posting area, will remain white.

Reply   Post New Thread