Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2023, 12:43 PM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Board Customization

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the Color Palettes or Coolors websites. As we want every board to have their own unique look it is preferable that you do not link to the customisations of other boards as suggested colour schemes.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Mel, Chelle, or Kate a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes approximately two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have finished making the graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Mel, Chelle, and Kate
KATE. | icon
me and the sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would to pay tribute to Josh's beautiful blue/green eyes

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 05:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

That’s what I’m thinking too
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 01:02 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Some of the pictures appear unlikely to be usable due to the colouring on them. I'd also be concerned over how some are cut. We can't use any where his head is cut or covered by text, & having shoulders cut can be difficult to work with too.

While I can make your links turn into bigger version images, are there any better quality versions? Especially for the first ones you linked to?

These seem to be the most usable options: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7

These might also be usable: 1 / 2

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 08:34 AM
Moderator Support Team

Okay I see.

I just posted ones that had been posted here so I’m not sure where the originals would be. But I can take a look later today.
Old 05-25-2023, 09:58 AM
Master Fan

These are the most current photos as they're promotional for his new series, "Fatal Attraction"
B ē tt ⓨ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 01:37 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma (View Post)
I just posted ones that had been posted here so I’m not sure where the originals would be. But I can take a look later today.
Ok
We can use what you posted, they simply aren't all the best quality so I was wondering if there were better quality available.
Since there is some text on some that may be a starting place to look up where they come from. I can take a quick look too.

Here is the Fatherly interview & the photographers website

From them I've been able to collect these which appear to be of either the same or better quality

For your colour scheme, have you had a chance to look at any colour scheme ideas? Were you thinking blue & green together? Or more one over the other? Maybe some shades somewhere between the two?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-25-2023, 05:49 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thank you Betty and Chelle. Much appreciated!

I was thinking maybe blue and green together.
Old 05-25-2023, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
Some of the pictures appear unlikely to be usable due to the colouring on them. I'd also be concerned over how some are cut. We can't use any where his head is cut or covered by text, & having shoulders cut can be difficult to work with too.

While I can make your links turn into bigger version images, are there any better quality versions? Especially for the first ones you linked to?

These seem to be the most usable options: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7

These might also be usable: 1 / 2
I much prefer the "blue sweater" pics and my favourites would be 5 and 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B ē tt ⓨ (View Post)
These are the most current photos as they're promotional for his new series, "Fatal Attraction"
I'm not a fan of this collection, so would prefer not to use any of these.

Josh is well known for some very iconic characters and I would really like to showcase that. For example, a pic of Pacey beside Peter beside Cole, etc. Like in other Boards, they showcase several cast, I would love to see Josh through the years.

Charlie / Pacey / Peter / Cole / Dan

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 09:14 PM
Graphics Team Manager

As this is a celebrity board we only use pictures of Josh. We don't use character pictures or pictures of roles from across the years in celebrity graphics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
Can we use in-character pictures for a celebrity board?
Preferably not. We will not create a graphic showcasing various characters a celebrity is best known for. If the only available recent photoshoots are from a show and the actor still looks like themselves then we can use those pictures. Celebrity graphics are meant to represent the celebrity the board is for, not a specific character.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-25-2023, 09:14 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I don't really have much to add or any ideas (Only really watched JJ as Pacey) but I'm down for whatever happens lol.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 01:27 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma (View Post)
I was thinking maybe blue and green together.
If you're thinking blue & green together you may find something you like here or here.
On the Coolors website you might find something in the turquoise, green, or blue tags. If you do find a colour scheme you like on that website click on the three dots under it & select 'copy URL' & then paste it in here to bring it over . There is also an option to open them in the generator where you can make changes to the colour scheme & then just copy the URL from your tool bar up the top to bring it over .

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-26-2023, 09:11 AM
Moderator Support Team

I’ll take a look but was thinking warm blues/greens
Old 05-28-2023, 07:25 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Has anyone had a chance to look at any colour schemes that you might like? Or do you need some assistance?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread