Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-01-2008, 09:11 AM
Passionate Fan

I didn't see this posted, it's a rave review from Kristen at EOnline, not someone I always agree with but she makes the show sound really fun and well written.

Quote:
The Ex List is awesome. And for the record, I do not need to look any further among potential suitors—I am 100 percent smitten with this show.

Based on an Israeli sitcom, The Ex List is written by Veronica Mars star producer Diane Ruggiero and led by breakout babe Elizabeth Reaser, whose joint talents result in a smart, sexy, watchable and completely funny romantic-comedy series. (Hear Ruggiero speak in person and you will swear she's a dead ringer for our long-lost Veronica—and that witty, cool likability carries over to Reaser's character on this show. The series is also shooting on the old Veronica Mars set in San Diego.)

Primarily the story of a woman who is told by her psychic that she has to revisit all her ex-boyfriends to find the one she is meant to marry, it also spotlights her sister and best friends' adventures in young adulthood, resulting in more or less a mashup of Sex and the City and Friends.

Diane describes Reaser's character Bella as "someone that women would feel is accessible and cool and a girls' girl...[someone] that I would want to hang out with." Mission accomplished! Bella's a blast, and you should definitely consider making her your standing Friday-night date.

Vegas Odds on Survival: 40 to 1
My Verdict: If you're a girl and you can only watch one new show this season, make it The Ex List. If you're a guy, DVR it, fall in love with Reaser and watch just the same.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

The main issue with the poster is the legs I think. They are at a completely awkward angle.

Ok all the Veronica Mars links make me love this show already It's good to hear such a great review. Now I just want it to start!
Old 09-02-2008, 05:21 AM
Master Fan

Ooooh, great review! wish it would hurry up and start now!
Old 09-06-2008, 05:47 AM
Elite Fan

EW Fall guide
Old 09-06-2008, 05:58 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks, interesting. The whole "it's going to be really boring if she dates 1 guy per episode for the season" is something I'm curious about so I hope it's more unique that that.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Elite Fan

many shows are like that so I wouldn´t actually mind so much
Old 09-07-2008, 06:58 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the Fall guide Steffi!
Old 09-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
many shows are like that so I wouldn´t actually mind so much
True I suppose, like CSI and even "Sex and The City" sometimes could get very formulaic about the girls dating.

Here's another preview from Youtube. CBS also posted a couple of other behind the scenes ones and clips.

YouTube - CBS 2008 Fall Preview :The Ex-List

Less than 1 month to go!
Old 09-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

Thank you for that scan Steffi!
Old 09-09-2008, 05:42 AM
Elite Fan

The Ex List - Cast Interviews
Old 09-09-2008, 05:50 AM
Master Fan

Thanks Steffi, that was cool
Old 09-10-2008, 02:03 AM
Elite Fan

I wish there was one with Elizabeth
Old 09-11-2008, 05:36 AM
Master Fan

There'll be heaps soon enough, with the premiere coming up in a couple of weeks
Old 09-11-2008, 09:23 AM
Elite Fan

It really seems like this is the last show to premiere
Old 09-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Passionate Fan

UHOH, bad news:

Quote:
Diane Ruggiero, creator/executive producer of "The Ex List," has departed the new CBS drama series.

Ruggiero's decision to quit Friday morning caught by surprise CBS and producing studio 20th TV. In the wake of her departure, "Ex List" executive producer Rick Eid will take the reins of the show as showrunner.

Based on an Israeli format, "Ex List" stars Elizabeth Reaser as a woman who, after learning from a psychic that she already has dated the man she's supposed to marry revisits all her past relationships.

There will be no disruption in the production on the show, which on Friday started filming episode seven of its 13-episode order, 20th TV said.

"Ex List" is on track to premiere Oct. 3 as scheduled, in its Friday 9 p.m. time slot occupied last season by cult favorite "Moonlight."

"Diane is a gifted writer and developed a wonderful series," 20th TV and CBS said in a joint statement. "We are sorry that she has decided to leave the show but have tremendous confidence in Rick Eid and his strong team which includes Segahl Avin, the creator of the original Israeli format who will continue to be a consultant. We expect no disruption in production and remain excited about the upcoming premiere of 'The Ex-List' on CBS."

As of midday Friday, Ruggiero was still featured in a video clip on the CBS Web site talking about the show.

There have been a couple of shifts at the helm of new series this year, most recently Jason Smilovic, creator/exec producer of NBC's "My Own Worst Enemy" stepping down as day-to-day showrunner.
I wonder why she left. She was one of the reason everyone was talking about the show being surprisingly witty and everything. I hope it keeps up the same without her.