Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Master Fan

I'm really curious if they'll ever bring up who Robert Bishop was and his connection. I just hope they didn't show the grave for nothing.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

I'm sure they didn't.

I think this was my favorite episode thus far.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:18 AM
Banned

I just rewatched it and this is the best episode. Not sure if anybody noticed but did anybody notice the emotion Peter had in his voice when he said, "No, I didn't know cause you didn't tell me"?
Old 12-07-2014, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Topping this for the Episode-of-the-week Rewatch 12/7/2014.

Fringe 1x04 "The Arrival" Promo

Fringe 1x04 - Polivia

~Heidi
Old 12-07-2014, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm about to put in the disc, I also have to watch E1.03 too.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 12-07-2014, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I watched 1.01 through 1.04 on the train last week, but I think I'm going to watch this one again before I comment.

~Heidi
Old 12-07-2014, 11:24 AM
Elite Fan

I watched this recently but am going to have another look before I comment. I have been out all day at a Christening and after party so am a little fuzzy headed, so will talk about it tomorrow when I am feeling a bit brighter.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I watched 1.01 through 1.04 on the train last week, but I think I'm going to watch this one again before I comment.
I just watched 1.02-1.04 and 1.05 just started.

I am always tense when watching this episode because of the tension between Peter and Walter, but I love the how Olivia is clearly starting to feel something for Peter. Not necessarily in a romantic way, but just how she seems to like having him around and that scene at the end, she kind of looks like she's flirting a little.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 12-09-2014, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

I loved this episode especially the early scenes in the lab where Walter was being very cryptic and Peter was getting more and more frustrated and annoyed. When Walter sent Peter on a wild goose chase for the aluminium foil and then drugged Astrid I thought he had really gone off the rails until he was talking to the observer, then it appeared he was working against the team instead of for them.

It was a tense episode as at the time I first saw it I didn't know who was good and who was bad, but some of it made sense later on, when we got to know our characters better.

His explanation to Peter about the supposed accident sounded so real that I don't think the full story about what actually happened that night had been finalized.

Finally I loved Peter in this episode and him deciding to stay in the end really made me think they were finally a team instead of reluctant participants.

The fact that Peter, Olivia and Astrid were reluctant at the beginning makes me think of the ZFT and that the recruits have to be reluctant before they are activated. Whether that is a coincidence or not I don't know.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:31 PM
Elite Fan

Walters notes from this episode. Very tidy, concise and understandable - if you like riddles and spilled coffee.

Old 05-13-2023, 12:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Watched this episode tonight and it did NOT disappoint! I think so far, it's my favorite episode yet! There were so many good moments and new information that was thrown into it to further the storyline along.

Loved Olivia at the beginning encouraging Peter to stay and saying she needed him. I also loved the scene at the end when she was happy to see he was doing better and that she gave him his new badge. I love that after Peter's experience with the "observer" that he decided to stick around!

My favorite relationship is the one between Walter and Peter so it was hard watching them sort of argue in the episode. I do love Peter's facial expressions and sarcastic comments to Walter, but not when they are him being rude. So I was glad when Walter asked him not to be treated like a child. However, he did take it a tad far by bringing up Peter's mom. I was glad that in the end they seemed to have a more mature conversation and I am looking forward to watching their relationship grow.

Poor Astrid! Walter injecting her was really sad and I don't blame her for being upset but I felt so bad for Walter when he tried to sort of apologize and she wouldn't hear him out. Again, don't blame her but I like that little relationship so that was kind of a sad scene.

Peter getting kidnapped in the episode nooooo. I also hated the torture scenes, but I am glad that Peter did go through this weird experience so he can trust the science a bit more and that weird things are going on. The bald "observer" mirroring his language was definitely strange. And we get told the story of the lake in this one and what really happened... I think I know more to the story but for now I'll pretend I dont ... But I do like that we are getting more info here.

Olivia seeing John at the end was nuts but they have been dancing around this storyline so I hope it progresses soon....

I am itching to watch the next ep... hopefully early next week. Still finishing up some other shows before I can get this one on a regular schedule!
Old 05-13-2023, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This episode really puts us knee-deep in the "mythology" of Fringe.

The developing relationships are great. It is difficult to see some of them in conflict, but when you consider the stress they must all be under, it's no wonder.

I really like that both Walter and Peter met with the Observer. That the Observer isn't kept as just a nearly invisible mystery man, especially when we discover that he's been a key in their lives before.

~Heidi
Old 05-17-2023, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

Most people I know were either hooked by this episode or gave up
Old 05-18-2023, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

When Fringe premiered, I watched the first 2 episodes but it didn't grab me. It wasn't until 4 years later, watching a marathon over Christmas on SciFi that I got hooked.

~Heidi
Old 05-18-2023, 09:53 PM
Elite Fan

Interesting! I saw a few episodes when the last season was airing but dismissed it for quite awhile