Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-08-2019, 03:50 PM
Total Fan

Alternate Universe Thread #1: Because there really is more than one of everything.

Interesting to note that as technologically advanced the alternate universe is compared to ours, phone booths still exist 'over there'. Anybody know Chinese? "Bloodline"

Old 08-09-2019, 03:31 PM
Elite Fan

I miss telephone booths
Old 08-09-2019, 06:57 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
I miss telephone booths
Me too.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

I never used one
Old 08-12-2019, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think they should bring phone booths back - just the booth, not the phone - as a place for people to use their cell phones in relative quiet. With the added bonus of they wouldn't bother the folks around them. Of course, I suppose to a lot of people part of the advantage of a cell phone is the ability to use it while moving.

But I could definitely see booths on subway trains, etc.

~Heidi
Old 08-12-2019, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ not a bad idea
Old 08-20-2019, 03:43 PM
Total Fan

Alternate Universe Thread #1: Because there really is more than one of everything.

The Fillmore $100 Bill - One possible theory

What could have possibly happened during Millard Fillmore's presidency that would place him on the $100 bill? What comes to mind immediately is that he might have managed to avoid signing the Fugitive Slave Act and/or his 1856 Know-Nothing candidacy never occurs.

In this universe, The Fugitive Slave Act passed the House by 109-76 (with 36 abstentions--mostly though not exclusively Northerners).

However, in the alternate universe the vote may have been much closer, allowing President Fillmore to veto the bill.

Without the Fugitive Slave Law, the Compromise of 1850 falls apart, and secession and civil war come about a decade early. That would have enhanced Fillmore's reputation when the North won.

However, with this scenario Millard Fillmore may have been assassinated - in Abraham Lincoln's place. A Fillmore Emancipation Proclamation and Memorial? (Perhaps Benjamin Franklin did not persue a career in politics and is only known for discovering electricity by tying a key to a kite and standing in a thunderstorm as well).

Fillmore could have seen as picking a fight with the South giving many a motive to assassinate him.

His predecessor, Zachary Taylor, who died in office 'over here' in 1850, could have become a very unpopular major general in the United States Army as a result of his losses in the Mexican–American War, granting Mexico the entire Californian West Coast in the 1848 Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, therefore never reaching the presidentcy.

Millard Fillmore runs for president in 1848 instead and wins.

After Fillmore's possible assassination at some point during the 1850's, the presidencies of Franklin Pierce (who saw the abolitionist movement as a fundamental threat to the unity of the nation) and James Buchanan Jr. (failure to address the issue of reconstruction) could have still lead to an Abraham Lincoln presidentcy.

However, with the Civil War having been won and slavery abolished a decade earlier, John Wilkes Booth had no reason to assassinate Lincoln on April 14, 1865.

Abraham Lincoln lives on to become a two-term president under more obscure circumstances.
Old 08-27-2019, 03:39 PM
Total Fan

Elvis Presley never existed in the alternate universe and replaced by James Dean!?!

Old 08-27-2019, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Interesting mash-up. Especially that JD had a mansion with the same name as Elvis.

~Heidi
Old 09-11-2019, 08:21 PM
Total Fan

Things That Make You Go Hmmm About The Alternate Universe

Since the Twin Towers were not hit in the alternate 9/11 attacks, is the same true for the 1993 bombing?

Since Sherlock Holmes doesn't exist in the alternate universe, whatever became of Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce?

Since Francis Ford Coppola directed "Taxi Driver" 'over there', did the movie have a less violent ending?

If Batman doesn't exist (altered timeline), whatever became of Adam West and Burt Ward? Plus all of the movies and comic books made. Do they have a
M.A.N.T.I.S. franchise instead?

Do they have Starbucks in the alternate universe?

Do they still manufacture wool clothing since sheep are extinct?
Old 09-15-2019, 02:33 PM
Total Fan

The first time we found out why the Twin Towers were not hit in the 9/11 attacks 'over there'. From S2-EP15 "Jacksonville" that originally aired February 4, 2010.

Old 09-15-2019, 08:25 PM
Total Fan

One "Alternate Universe Article", from an old Sprint "Fringe Now" page of the Fox website, showed a news article from the Red universe titled "Megaseas - Air pressure was compromised by unknown sources.":

'Submerged Island of Oahu'? We know from "Jacksonville" that people still live in Hawaii, because that is where Ted Pratchet got his coffee from.

Hawaii does not appear on the alternate universe map of the United States from "Over There, Part 2", therefore indicating that it is most likely still a U.S. territory 'over there'.

A U.S. territory apparently missing one island.

Last edited by Ironhorse25; 09-15-2019 at 08:37 PM
Old 09-16-2019, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Considering that part of California is missing as well, it may be that a mega earthquake and subsequent tsunami resulted in those areas being submerged.

~Heidi
Old 09-19-2019, 01:55 PM
Total Fan

Peter takes a helicopter tour of parts of 'Manhatan' in the alternate universe. From “Over There, Part 2” that originally aired May 20, 2010.

Old 09-19-2019, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the "tour guide"

~Heidi