Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-20-2011, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

"Gravity Happens" Discussion #1: Because it's never too early to start getting excited about Kate's 3rd album!

"Gravity Happens" Appreciation Thread

Videos

The Making of "Sandcastles"

"On May 17, ATO Records will release 'Gravity Happens,' the strongest album yet from the acclaimed and multi-talented singer-songwriter and actress Kate Voegele. A critical favorite since her 2007 debut 'Don't Look Away,' Voegele has refined her stellar songwriting skills to craft an album that shines with uncompromising honesty. That same day, the Ohio native will premiere her new song "Heart in Chains," as performed by her character Mia, for the season finale of the hit television series One Tree Hill."

YOU CAN ORDER THE ALBUM ON ITUNES HERE AND ORDER THE DELUXE VERSION ON ITUNES HERE.
'Cause I have overcome,
More than words will ever say

Last edited by r3l3vy; 05-21-2011 at 07:18 PM
Old 04-20-2011, 09:27 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks so much for this thread, Arielle!

OMG, I CANNOT WAIT!!!

The title of her songs are genius. I cannot wait to hear them. It's like deja vu all over again with the premier of A Fine Mess. This woman is so unbelievably talented. Amazing!

"I make music for the ears,
not for the eyes."
Adele | Catch
Old 04-20-2011, 10:00 PM
Elite Fan

So far, I am utterly amazed with every bit of news I've heard from this era. This is exciting, the whole build-up to what will surely be another amazing album
Old 04-21-2011, 03:10 PM
Master Fan

I'M FREAKING OUT SO MUCH. This album is going to be incredible!!!

She talks a bit about a couple of her new songs in the interview that I just posted in the news thread:
Quote:
TeenMusic: Kate, it’s so great to catch up with you again. We talked to you a little while ago and wow, you’ve got so much going on right now. Congratulations on your new album. So what’s the story behind “Gravity Happens?” It’s really powerful.

Kate: Yes! There’s so much going on now.“Gravity Happens” is definitely one of the best songs on the album. There’s a pretty significant story behind it for me, personally. It’s about finding the courage and strength to push through when, well, when gravity happens. You know, when bad stuff happens. In the last two years a lot has happened in my life, like growing up.As you grow up you come across certain things and you realize that wow, the world can be a scary place. I’ve been super blessed and I can see that when things happen to you, big or small, you really learn that you’re not always sin control. There’s a line in my song that goes “If gravity happens I’ll fasten wings to my shoes.” It’s all about picking yourself up.
Quote:
TeenMusic: Did you write the song “Heart in Chains” specifically for the season finale of “One Tree Hill” or did it just work out that way?

Kate: I wrote the song first. We wanted something upbeat and this is a really explosive song. I wrote all the material first. The record was already done and then “One Tree Hill” called and said “Hey, we’d like you to come back and play a song.”We talked and Mark, the creator, said this would be the perfect song. I hope people like it.
'Cause I have overcome,
Old 04-21-2011, 09:46 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for sharing

From the description of "Heart In Chains", sounds like it could be Kate's best song ever!
Old 04-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Master Fan

Same with the song "Gravity Happens!" I like that line from the song: "If gravity happens I'll fasten wings to my shoes."
'Cause I have overcome,
Old 04-24-2011, 02:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I like that line from the song: "If gravity happens I'll fasten wings to my shoes."
I absolutely love that line!

I can't wait to hear "Heart in Chains"!

Oh, I've noticed that this is the first time, I think, that Kate used one of the titles of her songs as the name of her album. Don't Look Away and A Fine Mess were only a part of the lyrics to songs.

not for the eyes."
Adele | Catch
Old 04-24-2011, 04:43 PM
Master Fan

Yep Catch. As far as I know, the only time that Kate has ever done that before is with her EP from 2003 called "The Other Side." (There was a song called The Other Side on that EP...you guys probably know it, it's on Youtube.) Even her second EP "Louder Than Words" (2005) wasn't a song title. Meaning that, unless I'm missing something, she hasn't done that since 2003. I wonder what made her decide to use a song title as the album title this time.
'Cause I have overcome,
Old 04-25-2011, 07:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I wonder what made her decide to use a song title as the album title this time.
I wonder that too. But then again, I love that she didn't use the song that has the same title as the album as the debut song for the album like what most artists do.

not for the eyes."
Adele | Catch
Old 04-25-2011, 09:35 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, you're right. It was kind of smart for her to do it that way because it's leaving us guessing and making us even more curious and excited about it.

EDIT: You no longer have to guess what "Heart In Chains" sounds like! http://music-mix.ew.com/2011/04/25/k...art-in-chains/

AND in case anyone wasn't already super pumped for the album - here is "Enough For Always!" http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/watch...new_album.html

I've been updating the OP of this thread almost daily with new stuff. This is so exciting!
'Cause I have overcome,

Last edited by r3l3vy; 04-26-2011 at 03:47 PM
Old 05-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Elite Fan

I'm in love with Enough For Always right now!
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 05-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Master Fan

Me too!

There are exactly 2 weeks until it's released!
'Cause I have overcome,
Old 05-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Elite Fan

I'm loving the newly released song! Gaahhhh!!!

not for the eyes."
Adele | Catch
Old 05-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Master Fan

In my creepiness I made a countdown...

Countdown to May 17, 2011 in Toronto

I couldn't get one that I could post in the OP, sadly, but there you have it. Counting down the seconds to the release date
'Cause I have overcome,
Old 05-06-2011, 05:43 AM
Elite Fan

That is awesome and exciting!!

not for the eyes."
Adele | Catch