Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2016, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylebraxtonisthebest (View Post)
Wow talk about a heart melting moment right there "When I'm with you I can just be" - "That's how I've always felt about you"

The moments between 2:19 - 2:32 just ended me. Nik crying out "don't leave me" nope goodbye I'm done!

Well that was a knew experience I've never gotten chills from watching back-to-back fanvids of one couple. "Emily's death had a profound effect on my life in the years since all I've done is try and find a substitute for her, you know someone to get me back to that place where I was truly happy" Are you kidding me? That's knife to the heart shipper pain.

Yeah, the absolutely had the best quotes. Especially from Nikolas. The way he was with her most likely won't ever happen to anyone else so enjoy the old clips. lol

Yeah. I feel so bad for Nikolas because he just didn't know how to function without her. As he said, she is half and apart of him and it really did seem like that. She was really his soulmate in every way and the reason for him to at least try to stay strong and good when he probably was close to the edge of giving up or not caring.

It was just her goodness, and forgiveness that he fell in love with. How she always made him happy even when he was down.
Also as you know back in those times, I don't remember Jason and Nikolas being that close because Nikolas felt that Emily had a blind spot for her brother. I thought at times they tolerated each other at the expense of Emily.

Quote:

When exactly did Nik's feelings change into love?

Thank you so much for bringing that video over I'm glad it's the first NEM fanvid that I got to watch.

Your right that part is heartbreaking but makes me angry too because Sam felt that losing Jason and look at what Nik did to her last year/this year.

"You taught me how to love"
"You're my first love and my only love"

That just went to my #1 and I haven't even watched everything yet.
Nice how your bring up Jason/Sam though since I remember earlier this year, or was it last yeah when Sam was the one who brought up what the heck happened to him and that Emily would dislike everything he has done. Of course he didn't listen. and it's been downhill since that.

Nikolas feelings for Emily changed to love when he was pretending to be her boyfriend when she had cancer. Although he already loved her, he just never was in love with her. He just knew of Emily's crush but seeing as how Nikolas didn't really love back then... he just loved her as a great friend, and had some relationships from here and there, more specifically with Gia and Sarah. Don't think Also I think since Emily was a teenager and they had a 6-year age different when they met, he never really made himself see her in that way.

Also, yes Emily is the one who taught him how the love since he probably never knew the feeling of love before her. He probably really didn't think he would ever fall in love but I think he figured it out with how selfless he was with her and his need for her to be happy even at the expense of herself.

Emily was always the person to encourage him to find love and be happy even if it wasn't with her.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
Yeah, the absolutely had the best quotes. Especially from Nikolas.
Yes 100% best quotes.
These two are my faves "I love you, I love you and it's the point of everything like it's the reason why I was born" and "You captured my heart a long time ago and you can have it forever"

He wasn't kidding when he said she could have his heart forever!!
Old 07-17-2016, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yes 100% best quotes.
These two are my faves "I love you, I love you and it's the point of everything like it's the reason why I was born" and "You captured my heart a long time ago and you can have it forever"

He wasn't kidding when he said she could have his heart forever!!

That first quote is probably my favorite one ever for them. He believed she was the reason he was born. He was born to find her and fall in love with her. It's just too sad.

No he wasn't, because even in death she still has a hold on his heart and the way he is now shows it. Even when he wasn't in his right state of mind, the only person who can get through him is spirit Emily which is why we want to see her again. He will listen to her regardless of which version of her is talking to him.

I love this moment here, this is original Emily portrayed by Amber Tamblyn. Natalia is of course my favorite Emily but Amber portrayed more of the young one with the hopeless crush and of course they age difference is what you can clearly see which is why a romance didn't happen since 2003. They were BFF with Lucky and Liz.

What I love about this clip though is that it shows that right from the beginning, she brought the happiness out of him. Nikolas catches on the the dancing pretty early on. lol

If you really look at all of this from Nikolas perceptive, he's seen her since she was young, loved her as a great friend and eventually she becomes his greatest love ever and she ends up being his soulmate so he never assumed he would ever be without her and now that he is. It's going to take awhile to move on.

To think, this upcoming November would've been their 20th anniversary from the first time they met.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:30 AM
Master Fan

It's breaking my heart watching the scene of Em denying their feelings because of her relationship with Zander and Nik's obligation to marrying Lydia.
Old 07-17-2016, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It's breaking my heart watching the scene of Em denying their feelings because of her relationship with Zander and Nik's obligation to marrying Lydia.
What I loved about Nikolas though is that he didn't care about the wedding. Even if it meant his family would lose a lot of money, all Emily had to do was say the words and he won't marry Lydia.

His love for her was stronger than anything, even his family at that time.
Old 07-17-2016, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
What I loved about Nikolas though is that he didn't care about the wedding. Even if it meant his family would lose a lot of money, all Emily had to do was say the words and he won't marry Lydia.

His love for her was stronger than anything, even his family at that time.
OMG yes once his feelings were out that's all he wanted, all that matter, everything else became nothing.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
OMG yes once his feelings were out that's all he wanted, all that matter, everything else became nothing.
It makes sense. It's easy to really assumed what you would or could do but you never truly no love until you truly have it and you don't know the depth of what you will do until you had it.

When he fell for Emily, it's when the money and rivalry's really meant nothing. It was all about Emily. I remember a scene with Emily said that she didn't care if he didn't have the money because she didn't grow up in a family who had a lot of money so it never meant that much to her and that he'll always be her Prince.
I think it's when he loss some of his money and he thought that probably Emily wouldn't love him not more. Their relationship is just beautiful.

Old 07-17-2016, 11:07 AM
Master Fan

Even in the face of losing out on being with Emily he loved her so much that he was still fighting having to marry Lydia. He would rather have had nothing if he couldn't have Emily.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yup. I think Emily didn't want to be the reason for his family losing their money but Nikolas didn't care about that. He just wanted to be with her.

Just a beautiful love story.

Old 07-17-2016, 11:29 AM
Master Fan

Well not wanting to hurt Zander was also a factor but was a mute point when she accidentally hurt him regardless because he read what she wrote in her diary about Nik being the true reason she said no to his proposal.

And I agree such a beautifully crafted love story.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah. So I guess she should've admitted the truth a lot sooner because it would've saved a lot of heartache? Although I sort of like the angst and the way it was build so I think it actually was better the way it happened.

There aren't many times you see a person fall for someone when they have cancer. Also, he was the reason she kept fighting when she had it.

Old 07-17-2016, 12:07 PM
Master Fan

That push and pull angst is freaking golden!! I love it even when it hurts.

Poor Nik marry Lydia for no reason other than to set Emily free. Lucky being what every NEM shipper must have felt at the time trying to stop that wedding, man I love Lucky he only wanted Nik to be happy and he knew that was by Emily's side.

Emily was crazy to fight it because deep down or right at the surface they all knew how it would end. She might've even truly only been fighting it because of the cancer imo.
Old 07-17-2016, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That push and pull angst is freaking golden!! I love it even when it hurts.

Poor Nik marry Lydia for no reason other than to set Emily free. Lucky being what every NEM shipper must have felt at the time trying to stop that wedding, man I love Lucky he only wanted Nik to be happy and he knew that was by Emily's side.

Emily was crazy to fight it because deep down or right at the surface they all knew how it would end. She might've even truly only been fighting it because of the cancer imo.
I agree, I think it's what makes couple more interesting and which is why most of the main classic pairings are always remembered because it didn't just happen over night. It was actual build and discussion, and sometimes it makes you want to slap some sense into these characters. but it makes the wait all worth it when it finally happens.

Yeah, and Lydia knew of Nikolas feelings so it's not like she was left out of the loop. lol
It's sad that at that time Nikolas wanted to marry for love, not for money.
When the core 4 were as their best.

I think it was the cancer. She assumed she wouldn't be around so she wanted Nikolas to find someone who will actually live to be with him while also making Zander believe that she truly loved him.
So she wanted to impress everyone but once the cancer left. There really wasn't no point of denying feelings anymore even if it was going to hurt some people.
Old 07-17-2016, 06:58 PM
Master Fan

It spoke volumes that no matter how hard she tried to deny her feelings that her actions spoke louder. Like the scenes before & after learning Nik was in love with her & Zander's proposal her heart kept choosing Nik even while rejecting him again afterwards.

I don't know the backstory of Emily/Zander but it seems he was too reliant on her keeping him on the right track. Every word out of her mouth was this or that about what he needed from her.
Old 07-18-2016, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It spoke volumes that no matter how hard she tried to deny her feelings that her actions spoke louder. Like the scenes before & after learning Nik was in love with her & Zander's proposal her heart kept choosing Nik even while rejecting him again afterwards.

I don't know the backstory of Emily/Zander but it seems he was too reliant on her keeping him on the right track. Every word out of her mouth was this or that about what he needed from her.

I think her feelings for Nikolas was always in existence because she always had a crush on Nikolas even before Zander existed. He's her first crush and because he's always been sort of unattainable, she never assumed anything real would ever happen. When she was 15, he was probably like 21. So, when she got older, when Nikolas admitted his feelings for her, it took her off guard. She just never assumed her fantasy would come to light.

Zander is who I consider to be Emily's real first boyfriend, although she did date Juan before him, and with Emily she's probably worried about what her leaving will do to him since he's from the wrong side of the tracks. Once he actually took Emily hostage before they fell in love. and he has his drug dealing past. However, their feelings for each other was real even if people did not approve of their relationship.

Nikolas and Emily reunited in 2003. So basically Nikolas/Emily were around each other as friends 1996 - 2000, and than I think that was around time during the Tyler recast, which was unsuccessful. lol However the recast last 2001-202, and Nikolas left and Tyler came back in 2003, and the new and improved Emily (Natalia) in 2003. That's the beginning of the friendship turn romance.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread