Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2024, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Wayne (View Post)
GH Wiki no longer has Spencer among its profiles on its main page. Spencer's article says that the actor is no longer on contract and that the role is likely to be recast.
The lady that does SoapDirt also believes that NAC is not coming back.
The lady from Soap Dirt walked back what she said later last week and it doesn't change the fact that normally when this happens the powers that be don't drag their feet but they are and Tabyana/Trina is barely on screen and Trina and Curtis basically had the same conversation again about work, Paris and school and besides why should Trina ever want to take advice from Curtis after he cheated on her mother five minutes after marrying her and the Curtis had no issues telling Jordan that he knew all about Selina and her illegal card games and Portia found out months later and it was treated like an afterthought. If there is a Spencer Cassadine recast, I expect to see Spencer and Trina watered down and put in the background and Belinda at Soap Dirt has often been wrong about Spencer and Trina and I know that NAC's Netflix show is taking long than expected to shoot and I think that the powers that are stalling and even if they weren't GH is all about Jason, Sonny and Carly and everyone else not related to them fights for scraps, this happened before and it wasn't good and it's happening now and it's not good either. Most people watching GH won't put up with a Spencer Cassadine recast at this point and the powers that be know it and it would be one thing if Trina was really allowed to show her grief and given screen time but she isn't and the other characters who are people of color aren't given much to do either and after Curtis's wheel chair storyline was written so awkwardly and so poorly, I can't stand him and that wasn't the intent when Donell asked for a family but that's exactly what happened. Tabyana should be looking for other projects where her time and talent aren't wasted and are instead allowed to shine and be taken seriously.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It is unfortunate, but you seem to be correct there.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

NAC reportedly asked for fewer scenes with Esme and Joss and that left Esme/Avery out in the cold and that left Joss and Dex to their own devices which wasn't good for Dex especially because he wasn't developed or given much to do and the whole storyline is all about Joss and her family and I don't think that was the original part of the plan.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 04-10-2024, 06:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland Fan Forever (View Post)
NAC reportedly asked for fewer scenes with Esme and Joss and that left Esme/Avery out in the cold and that left Joss and Dex to their own devices which wasn't good for Dex especially because he wasn't developed or given much to do and the whole storyline is all about Joss and her family and I don't think that was the original part of the plan.
What about Baby Ace? Did NAC want to distance Spencer from him? I didn't like the way Spencer obsessed over his brother.

Last edited by Prince Wayne; 04-10-2024 at 07:44 AM
Prince Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
What about Baby Ace? Did NAC want to distance Spencer from him? I didn't like the way Spencer obsessed over his brother.
Yes, NAC did want to distance Spencer from Ace and eventually NAC got what he wanted there too.
Old 04-10-2024, 09:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Dex is a better man than Spencer. Cam is a better man than either one of them. I would rather have Cam on the show than either Spencer or Dex.

Spencer didn't work or go to school. He lived with his grandmother. That was not a good look for him. He was a dick with money.

Last edited by Prince Wayne; 04-10-2024 at 10:22 AM
Old 04-10-2024, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Dex is a better man than Spencer. Cam is a better man than either one of them. I would rather have Cam on the show than either Spencer or Dex.

Spencer didn't work or go to school. He lived with his grandmother. That was not a good look for him. He was a dick with money.
Most of the Cassadines don't work, Nikolas didn't work either, they are rich and a lot like Nikolas at that age and he was trying to figure out what he wanted to do with his life when he "died" and I think that Spencer wanted to propose to Trina. Dex is just a boy toy to Joss and being a cop on GH is a joke and we know next to nothing about Dex and the powers that be have slowly written him into a corner and Dex's screen time has diminished and he seems to have nothing really going for him and Joss should have known that dating a guy who works for Sonny isn't going to end well for her. I think that you will be waiting awhile for a Cam recast given what's been shown on the show. I am glad that Jason is back only because despite working for Sonny, Dex still wasn't doing much. Cam is barely even mentioned on GH even by Liz.
Old 04-12-2024, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That can happen when characters are not on the show regularly. Jason was not mentioned much before his return. Esme has been mentioned I think more than Cam since her demise.
Old 04-13-2024, 05:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

In the first half of 2023, four characters that Spencer had scenes with were dropped. Britt died, Nikolas vanished, Cam moved to California, and Victor died. Spencer didn't really get any new people to talk to. Spencer didn't have any scenes with his uncle Sonny in the second half of 2023. In the first half of 2023 Spencer was in 75 episodes, but only in about half of that in the second half. By demanding fewer scenes with Josslyn, Dex, Esme, and Ace NAC was putting himself into a narrow part of the canvas. Spencer is now gone and the show goes on without him with few people missing him.
Old 04-13-2024, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He is missed though. Same with Esme. Laura even misses Esme from what I understand. I think young adult actors on soaps is nice to see in general & when they leave after seemingly a brief time, it is disappointing.
Old 04-13-2024, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
In the first half of 2023, four characters that Spencer had scenes with were dropped. Britt died, Nikolas vanished, Cam moved to California, and Victor died. Spencer didn't really get any new people to talk to. Spencer didn't have any scenes with his uncle Sonny in the second half of 2023. In the first half of 2023 Spencer was in 75 episodes, but only in about half of that in the second half. By demanding fewer scenes with Josslyn, Dex, Esme, and Ace NAC was putting himself into a narrow part of the canvas. Spencer is now gone and the show goes on without him with few people missing him.
NAC got what he wanted as far as Spencer and Trina and Dex has really been written into a corner and he's really just Joss's ever present boy toy who really doesn't have much going for him. Being a cop on GH is really a joke and I really wanted to see Laura take some accountability for how we all got here. I really don't feel sorry for Laura because she knew that Spencer had abandonment issues and still left Spencer alone with Ace and Esme for a whole summer. I don't think that Laura would have allowed Esme to be around Lucky and Lulu like Esme was and Laura has always favored Lucky and Lulu over Nikolas and her Cassadine family and that's because she always favored Luke over the Cassadine family. Laura has done that for years so her behavior towards Spencer isn't surprising to me. Esme was written into a corner and it was really all over for her once she realized that Spencer moved on from her and didn't want her back.

Dex and Joss being left alone really didn't help him and honestly that whole storyline is really all about Joss and her family and Dex is written into a corner I don't want Jason to save Dex for Joss because she should have known that dating Dex who she knew worked for Sonny wasn't going to work out for her or them and Spencer even told Joss that the relationship between her and Dex wasn't going to last. I want Joss to have to deal with an issue without Carly and Jason helping her. Dex knew what he was doing when he worked for Sonny and Dex is really expendable given that Jason is back. Spencer is written like Nikolas was when he was that age and with Gia. I think that the karma of Joss cheating on Cam with Dex is coming back to haunt Joss and I don't want Jason or Anna to save Dex. Spencer/ NAC and Tabyana/Trina get media attention in a way that Joss and Dex just don't and Cam and Spencer have more going for them than Dex does. Dex's screen time went down significantly during the summer and I knew that as soon as it was announced that Steve Burton was returning to GH that Dex became expendable and the powers that have never know what to do with Dex and being a cop on GH is really a joke.
Old 04-14-2024, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What would you have done with Dex instead?
Old 04-14-2024, 04:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

I doesn't matter to me if Dex is undeveloped. I still think that he is a better man than Spencer. Dex can fight, while Spencer can only sucker punch. Dex has served his country and works for a living, while Spencer is a trust fund brat.
Old 04-14-2024, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I doesn't matter to me if Dex is undeveloped. I still think that he is a better man than Spencer. Dex can fight, while Spencer can only sucker punch. Dex has served his country and works for a living, while Spencer is a trust fund brat.
Dex is really expendable given that Jason is back and he's really just Joss's ever present boy toy who is now a dead man walking and making Dex a police officer is really a joke. Most characters who are on GH currently are rich and don't work, it isn't just Spencer. Nikolas never really worked either. I prefer a flawed character Spencer over Dex who really doesn't bring much to the GH storyline and the powers that have struggled with what to do with Dex and it was hard not to notice that Evan's screen time has gone down significantly and Joss really didn't think about how working with Sonny was always going to doom that relationship and the karma of cheating on Cam with Dex has come for Joss and Carly can't bail Joss out of this. Spencer loved Sonny and vice versa but, Spencer was smart enough not to want to work with Sonny and working for Sonny is coming back to haunt Dex.
Old 04-14-2024, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dex was working for Sonny & Michael I believe, so he had to some awareness of what could have happened to if worse came to worse.
Reply   Post New Thread