Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2024, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He is only 24. I do not know how he is ''bigger'' than ''General Hospital'' at this time.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
He is only 24. I do not know how he is ''bigger'' than ''General Hospital'' at this time.
The powers that be are taking their time with Spencer's return to put it simply. NAC is a talented actors but there are a lot of talented actors in Hollywood.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He has not been gone long yet from "General Hospital". There are talented actors in Hollywood & most of the ones in their 20s I do not know of.

Last edited by canflam; 04-02-2024 at 06:27 PM
Old 04-02-2024, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
He has not been gone long yet from "General Hospital". There are talented actors in Hollywood & mostbof the ones in their 20s I do not know of.
What the prior poster is saying is that NAC will be a small fish in a very talented sea.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 04-02-2024, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OK. Such as? I would like to think that there are currently talented actors in Hollywood, but sticking with currebt soap operas, which actors are better than Chavez currently is within 5 years of his age?
Old 04-02-2024, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

General Hospital has struggled with keeping and promoting its characters who are people of color and have also struggled with keeping their young talent. I knew that as soon as it was announced that Steve Burton was returning to GH that GH will become all about Jason and Sonny and Carly. I like Sonny and Carly and Jason but not enough to make GH all about them while everyone is fighting for scraps. Leaving GH doesn't always guarantee that success and the problem that GH ran into was making Joss and Michael the lead young characters on GH because again, this makes things all about Sonny and Carly and Jason. It would be one thing if the powers that be would develop Dex and Willow but, the powers that be have made the relationships with Joss and Dex all about Joss and her family and Willow is in a marriage where it's really all about Michael and his family.

Last edited by Holland Fan Forever; 04-02-2024 at 08:24 PM
Old 04-04-2024, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, most of their cast is white, but TJ seems at least have some story. They did not I think mention the family of Dex if he has one ''General Hospital''. If they did then I missed it. I am curious to see how Spencer will return to G.H.
Old 04-04-2024, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Well, most of their cast is white, but TJ seems at least have some story. They did not I think mention the family of Dex if he has one ''General Hospital''. If they did then I missed it. I am curious to see how Spencer will return to G.H.
GH has long had a difficult time keeping and promoting its characters who are people of color and it's continuing in 2024. It was telling that during the 60th anniversary special that other than Sheryl Underwood no other fans of GH who are people of color were interviewed and no prior actors or actresses who are people of color returned for the 60th anniversary that is an issue to me.
Old 04-07-2024, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yikes. I did not know that.
Old 04-07-2024, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yikes. I did not know that.
Yikes is an understatement.
Old 04-08-2024, 07:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think that NAC has wanted off the show since last summer. I heard that he gave a Zoom chat in November in which the participants believed that NAC was saying goodbye to them. He failed to attend the Daytime Emmys in December even though he was nominated. I also heard on another discussion board that he went around the set privately saying goodbye to people as if he wasn't coming back.
Prince Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, hopefully he enjoyed his time on the soap.
Old 04-09-2024, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Wayne (View Post)
I think that NAC has wanted off the show since last summer. I heard that he gave a Zoom chat in November in which the participants believed that NAC was saying goodbye to them. He failed to attend the Daytime Emmys in December even though he was nominated. I also heard on another discussion board that he went around the set privately saying goodbye to people as if he wasn't coming back.
I think that despite NAC not going to the Daytime Emmy Awards that NAC Will return to GH because the powers that be have stalled and dragged their feet with Spencer and Trina to the point where Tabyana was not on screen for almost a month after Spencer's "funeral" which is highly unusual and it got the attention of Soap Opera Digest. I also know that NAC's Netflix show is taking longer than expected to shoot and I think that the powers that be are stalling and I will leave it at that.
Old 04-09-2024, 09:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

GH Wiki no longer has Spencer among its profiles on its main page. Spencer's article says that the actor is no longer on contract and that the role is likely to be recast.
The lady that does SoapDirt also believes that NAC is not coming back.
Prince Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Guess Spencer is not presumed "dead" yet.
Reply   Post New Thread