Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2016, 02:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
ABC officially has the rights (again) to "All My Children" and "One Life to Live"... no idea what it means for the future or if the SOAPS will return but it's interesting news.
That's exciting news.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:59 PM
Master Fan

Rest in Peace Joseph Mascolo

=========

I really hope ABC brings back AMC and OLTL on the air again.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 12-09-2016, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

RIP to him as well.
Old 12-10-2016, 12:24 AM
Master Fan

Just heard about Joseph Mascolo and it just makes me so sad. He was one of the best actors on that show, so full of talent and presence. I will miss him greatly.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
Just heard about Joseph Mascolo and it just makes me so sad. He was one of the best actors on that show, so full of talent and presence. I will miss him greatly.
Such sad news. RIP Joe.
Old 12-23-2016, 08:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oltl & amc

The rights to AMC and OLTL are going back to ABC! Yesterday the judge officially dismissed PP’s lawsuit against ABC!
Now is the time to make sure ABC hears us loud and clear- we want AMC and OLTL back on ABC Daytime!
Back when ABC cancelled the shows and licensed them to PP they had a change of opinion when they saw how many fans were upset and how much it impacted them. PP wouldn’t let them out of their agreement. When PP filed a lawsuit and then filed for bankruptcy it tied our shows up in litigation for years! But now they have been returned to ABC to do with what they want.
Do you want AMC and OLTL back? Commenting below this post telling the admins of this page is not going to do anything to help. If you really want them back you need ABC to hear you loud and clear. Below are contact methods for the decision makers and those involved with Daytime programming to some degree. We need AMC and OLTL to be the buzz that they are talking about. The more ways you can make contact and the more often the better. Please share this information with all friends/groups that miss AMC and OLTL and want them back.
Stay tuned to our page (https://www.facebook.com/SaveAMCandOLTL/?ref=bookmarks) for more tasks in the coming days/weeks. Together we can do this. We were loud enough to get PP to want the shows, loud enough for ABC to regret letting them go, and loud enough that HULU partnered with PP to air the reboots. We DO get heard. Now is the time to band together and get our Christmas miracle!
Emails:
bob.iger@disney.com
robert.a.iger@disney.com
rebecca.s.campbell@abc.com
channing.dungey@abc.com
ben.sherwood@abc.com
victoria.j.dummer@abc.com
stephanie.voltz@disney.com
julie.m.mitchell@abc.com
Twitter:
If you have a Twitter account please send tweets to the following people and include #BringBackAMC #BringBackOLTL in your tweet. Please search on those hashtags and retweet any tweets you find!:
@bensherwood
@vickiabc123
@nathanvarni
@valentinifrank
@DisneyABCTV
@ABCNetwork
@ABC_Publicity
@rebeccascampbel
Feedback Form/Lines:
Please go to the Feedback form link and leave a complaint for The Chew stating you would rather see AMC or OLTL in this timeslot. Feedback - ABC.com
Call 1-818-460-7477 and then enter 245. Leave a comment for The Chew stating that you want AMC or OLTL in this spot
You can also contact GH to request AMC and OLTL characters to make appearances. This would do two positive things:
1. It would begin securing actors that would be wanted/needed for the reboots.
2. Would provide an avenue in which to do a crossover storyline onto the new shows to increase awareness and viewership of the rebooted AMC and OLTL.
Please go to the Feedback form link and leave feedback for General Hospital stating you would love to see AMC and OLTL make guest appearances. Feedback - ABC.com
Call 1-818-460-7477 and then enter 464. Leave a comment for General Hospital stating that you’d love to see AMC and OLTL characters make guest appearances on GH.
Phone Calls:
Below are direct numbers for ABC decision makers. You can call at night, early morning, or on weekends if you just want voicemail. If you’d like to speak to a person live just call during the day. Note- these numbers are for the West Coast so keep that in mind if you are calling from another time zone.
Channing Dungey: 818-460-7030
Rebecca Campbell: 818-460-6155
Stephanie Voltz (Bob Iger’s assistant) 818-560-8701
Vicki Dummer: 818-460-6555
Ben Sherwood: 212-456-6200 (Note- this one is an East Coast time zone)
Main Phone Number:
Keep the operators documenting the thousands of calls they get regarding our shows by calling the main number at 818-560-1000- and press 1. An operator will answer. Leave your message with them.
Fax:
You can send a free fax and send it to Bob Iger, Channing Dungey, and/or Rebecca Campbell’s attention by using https://faxzero.com/. This will send the fax for free using your Internet connection. Send the fax to: 818-560-1930.
Mail:
You can send a written letter to the attention of Bob Iger, Channing Dungey, and/or Rebecca Campbell to this address:
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521
One last way that you can help immediately: If you have a DVR please record GH and let it run. If you can access GH via abc.com please pull it up and let it play. If you have HULU please let each GH episode run on there as well. (Do as many of these options as possible.) While Nielsen Ratings are publicly known, ABC receives viewership information from DVR, website, and HULU views. This information is just as important to the ABC executives. If we can have GH’s viewership numbers increase significantly it would be another indicator that viewers want soaps as part of the daytime lineup.
Old 12-24-2016, 10:49 AM
New Fan

I would love it if someone came up with another all soap network & replayed all the old episodes of daytime soaps.
Old 12-24-2016, 11:36 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemm1106 (View Post)
I would love it if someone came up with another all soap network & replayed all the old episodes of daytime soaps.
RetroTV has been showing reruns of the old soap 'The Doctors' so it would be cool if that tried adding other shows to their lineup.
Old 12-24-2016, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This can be moved to the news thread. So, I'm moving it there right now.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Trevor St. John joining Y&R!

https://www.google.com/amp/www.celeb...hms-tmobile-us
Old 01-06-2017, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Days of Our Lives may end in 2017, says source
Old 01-06-2017, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the news and sad news about Days of Our Lives that I hope is NOT true.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope Days isn't cancelled!
Old 01-07-2017, 09:35 PM
Master Fan

It is sad news, especially since it's been a big part of tv history and peoples lives. Plus it employs so many people. But I'm not surprised, it hasn't been strong in a while.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm glad they are rewriting the Stefano SL.

I wish it was this new writing team that actually takes writing serious writing now.

NBC is giving Days one last real shot before going the cancellation root.

The writer is given credit for saving GH! Sheri Anderson is the best part. She had a hand in everything good ever about Days. She created all the beloved characters from the 80's.

Plus all the Supercouples. She created the entire Brady's DiMera's Johnson's families plus Jack & John. The important Horton's of the show then like Jennifer.

Breaking News: Higley Out, Carlivati In At DAYS | Soap Opera Digest

Big news at DAYS: The show has replaced Co-Head Writer Dena Higley with Emmy-winning scribe Ron Carlivati, who toiled at both GENERAL HOSPITAL and ONE LIFE TO LIVE, effective immediately. His title will be Head Writer. Higley’s Co-Head Writer, Ryan Quan, will remain with the new title of Creative Consultant. Daytime Emmy-winner Sheri Anderson Thomas, who has served on DAYS’s writing team in various capacities, including head writer and co-head writer in the ’80s and ’90s, will also hold the Creative Consultant title. Anderson Thomas previously served as head writer of GUIDING LIGHT, co-head writer of SANTA BARBARA and associate head writer at GH. “We look forward to the fresh and compelling stories these changes will bring to Salem,” says the show in a statement.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Closed Thread   Post New Thread