Ryan/Hayley
Pierce/Brooke
Trevor/Janet
David/Dixie
Aiden/Maria
Jamie/Julia

OLTL

RH/TSJ Todd/Blair
RH/TSJ Todd/Tea (One of the most abusive soap pairings I've ever seen. If a guy knocks you the F out, you should run like hell but both versions of Todd treated her like toilet paper)
TSJ Todd/Marty (Rapemances are disgusting, sexist, and insulting. Only soaps still romantize this bs)
Ben/Rachel
Christian/Evangeline
John/Natalie
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 12:30 PM
Loyal Fan

I had totally forgotten Dimitri and Gloria had ever been together. That seems like a strange pairing. Was that after Maria?

Jamie and Julia were so weird cause he was like a toddler when she joined the show back in the 90's. That Jamie actor talked about some weird nudist story he did with Julia, and I was like, glad I missed that.

Pierce should've been with Janet, I don't know why they changed that story.

I know Zach and Kendall were popular but they never did anything for me.
tslpsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:05 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, Dimitri/Gloria was after Maria "died." I was reminded a while ago after seeing some episodes from 1997 and it made me realize how I blocked out a lot from that year cause the storylines and writing was terrible. Especially for Dimitri, they wrote him so horribly and completely ruined him that year. He was acting like a lunatic over Maddie, even trying to keep her when he found out she wasn't his and covering things up so Edmund wouldn't know he was her father. Gloria looked like a spineless headcase again, desperate to keep any baby she can cause her baby died before. I didn't see much of Jamie/Julia, besides him being a little kid when she was on the show it was disturbing and they had no chemistry. They were also throwing Julia at a couple of guys cause they didn't know who to pair her with and this was just another result of them not knowing what to do with her after she returned SMH. I wish they would of just recasted Noah at the time, they kept initially leaving the door open for a possible return. That would of been better than the dumb crap they had Julia do, then having her do nothing until they killed her off.

Pierce had chemistry with Janet, then they had him with Brooke out of nowhere. They had no chemistry, and it was even worse when they recasted Pierce two more times. She had even less chemistry with the recasts, especially the second Pierce lol. Yeah, I will never get the hoopla over Zach and Kendall. In general, Zach was just a toxic character all by himself. It's mostly cause of how they started, Kendall was with his son Ethan and he marries his son's love? How fked up is that, what father does that. Then the other things I heard like him fathering Bianca's child and shooting Kendall's brother. Just too much toxicity, blech! I'm not surprised their popular, on TV shows the most toxic and abusive couples seem to be the most popular for some insane reason. Look at Spike/Buffy, dude tried to rape her and got off on abusing her but some people still make excuses for it all. Nauseating.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:13 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, I'm not sure what they were going for with Dimitri and Erica in that story, Erica the kidnapper and Dimitri just lost it, but Maria shouldn't have lied about the baby either. Although it was rather ironic to see Edmund so self righteous about it given he had kidnapped Erica himself years earlier.
Old 06-05-2020, 12:49 PM
Elite Fan

I started watching in 93' so I missed when apparently Edmund found out his linage and did many horrible things. So weird to think about cause the Edmund I saw was always calm and level headed. Like I said, I blocked out most of 97'. The things I always remembered was yeah, Erica keeping Maddie and saying she adopted her from another country and Maria dying in the plane crash. I forgot that Erica kept the baby cause when she was taking the baby back to Maria (cause they though the baby died in Erica's car crash) she heard Dimitri tell Maria it's best the baby died so a part of me doesn't blame Erica but the ENTIRE storyline connected to the WTD storyline with Edmund/Maria/Dimitri was TERRIBLE and ruined everyone. Dimitri was ruined the most, seeing those episodes again it's like, WTF is wrong with Dimitri? It was EXTREMELY OOC, but thankfully he was back to normal in 98'. Just blech!
Old 06-08-2020, 02:39 PM
Total Fan

Thanks. I enjoyed reading about Dimitri.
nashville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 03:07 PM
Master Fan

Mick and Linda - Eastenders
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 10:29 AM
Elite Fan

Jason and Sam GH - I loved them the first time around but after 2008 I hated Jason and wanted better for Sam. Now I haven't watched in years because I hate that she is forever shackled to that douche.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
cutie_pie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 04:43 AM
Master Fan

Aaron and The Doctor, Emmerdale (I forgot his name) - very bland couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie_pie04 (View Post)
Jason and Sam GH - I loved them the first time around but after 2008 I hated Jason and wanted better for Sam. Now I haven't watched in years because I hate that she is forever shackled to that douche.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 11:43 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie_pie04 (View Post)
I've never cared one way or the other about Sam and Jason, but I do feel they would be better if both of them moved on, at least for a while. Chemistry? Happy? Undying love? I just can't see it with these two. If Jason showed more attention to Sam and his son than he does to Carly and Sonny, I might not feel so adamant about them not being together.
Old 06-10-2020, 01:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I started watching in 93' so I missed when apparently Edmund found out his linage and did many horrible things. So weird to think about cause the Edmund I saw was always calm and level headed. Like I said, I blocked out most of 97'. The things I always remembered was yeah, Erica keeping Maddie and saying she adopted her from another country and Maria dying in the plane crash. I forgot that Erica kept the baby cause when she was taking the baby back to Maria (cause they though the baby died in Erica's car crash) she heard Dimitri tell Maria it's best the baby died so a part of me doesn't blame Erica but the ENTIRE storyline connected to the WTD storyline with Edmund/Maria/Dimitri was TERRIBLE and ruined everyone. Dimitri was ruined the most, seeing those episodes again it's like, WTF is wrong with Dimitri? It was EXTREMELY OOC, but thankfully he was back to normal in 98'. Just blech!
I was watching an episode on youtube where Edmund realized Maria could be carrying Dimitri's child and he looked downright deranged, grabbing the collar of her shirt. He did a lot of arm grabbing and man handling with Kelsey and Maria too. Mateo also do this alot.
Old 06-10-2020, 01:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
I've never cared one way or the other about Sam and Jason, but I do feel they would be better if both of them moved on, at least for a while. Chemistry? Happy? Undying love? I just can't see it with these two. If Jason showed more attention to Sam and his son than he does to Carly and Sonny, I might not feel so adamant about them not being together.
Jason and Carly was the couple that Korte will always be obsessed with and the one that got away. It only didn't happen because Steve Burton objected to it at the time. As long as either Korte or Guza are there, Jarly comes first above all their romances, even today. Jason acts more as a father to Carly's kids than his own.
Old 06-10-2020, 02:08 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslpsh (View Post)
Jason and Carly was the couple that Korte will always be obsessed with and the one that got away. It only didn't happen because Steve Burton objected to it at the time. As long as either Korte or Guza are there, Jarly comes first above all their romances, even today. Jason acts more as a father to Carly's kids than his own.
I've read in several different places about these guys. Were they writers or ex. producers?
Reply   Post New Thread