Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2022, 01:18 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Yeah, maybe it was a head writer change for why it was brought up then dropped. It's just unnecessary and pours salt in the wound to never even bring it up again. I'm shocked Gillian was brought up a few times over the years, I heard she was never brought up.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 09:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for those transcripts. Gillian was brought up more in 2002, but after Ryan came back from his mini hiatus in 2003, it was so rare.

The Dimitri/Alex mystery has always bugged me. I heard they did it to placate fans because there was such outrage after Gillian died. Like it was suppose to give us some hope that Gillian could be alive, even though she was still on the show as a ghost at that point. I also read they were toying with the idea of bringing her back as a twin (again because of the backlash) and that was what the Dimitri phone call was about, but it never happened.
BaileyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 09:37 PM
Loyal Fan

What's interesting is that Dimitri was never brought back up again or brought back either. They could of done a whole epic gothic Marrick drama with both their returns. So sounds like from that they were just trying to save face and had no interest in bringing her back, unfortunately.

Here were a couple of others I was talking about

From 1/11/2005

David: Go right ahead. Accuse me all you want, posture. Threaten me until those worthless brains of yours shrivel up and fall out. But you will never get me to apologize for putting my daughter at the head of the line.

Ryan: First, do no harm. That's for suckers, right, Doc? Because you do harm. You do evil. You kept Bianca's baby from her for the same reason that you do everything else -- to stoke your own damn ego. You smash and grab whatever you want, leave some poor innocent slob with the check. And if somebody gets hurt, who cares, because it's not your problem.

David: Hey, in the end, we're all responsible for our own actions, aren't we, Ryan?

Ryan: Oh. So when you blackmailed Gillian into sleeping with you, that was her fault? And when you broke up the entire Martin clan because you wanted Dixie, their fault, not yours? And when you drugged an entire boatload of people because you wanted Tad to cheat on Dixie, whose fault if not yours?

Ethan: He really did all that?

Ryan: You know what, but there was a moment -- there was a moment when I thought the doc here redeemed himself. It was right after Michael Cambias was murdered, and you turned suspicion onto yourself to protect all the Kane women.

David: Yep.

Ryan: But then you crucified Bianca to be Krystal and Babe's hero. You all deserve each other.

David: You know, it's funny, you bringing up Gillian. Did you ever know what she really liked, Ryan? Because when I could make her close her eyes, I could get her to make sounds like -- oh!

[Ryan Punches David]

-------------------------------------------------
1/21/09

Greenlee: It has to work, Ryan. It has to. But what if Kendall's body rejects Josh's heart?

Ryan: Do you honestly think that Kendall would leave her two boys, leave Zach, leave you?

Greenlee: How are you doing? This must bring back memories of Gillian.

Ryan: I'm ok. I'm ok.

Ryan: I'm really sorry about your grandson, Joe.

Joe: Thank you, Ryan. I'm going to try and reach Jeff again. Not the kind of message you want to leave on voice mail.

Ryan: I, um -- I know how hard it must have been for you to give consent to use Josh's heart in the transplant.

Erica: Jilly. I know how much you loved her.

Ryan: I did, I did, I loved her, and it was the hardest decision I probably ever had to make, or one of them, anyway, but Laura lived because of Gillian, and Kendall will live because of Josh and because of you.

Erica: I have to make some kind of cosmic sense out of this insanity. If Josh had to die then it's so that his sister Kendall could live.
tslpsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 10:26 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

A twin? I wonder how that could of been written. I don't really remember how they wrote the Alex and Anne twins thing or how their story started, so I wonder if it would of been written like theirs was. I only remember Alex seemed like a badass spy and all I remember about Anne is how pathetic she was always settling as David's doormat no matter how much he lied to her. I also loved Dimitri and felt weird about the sudden recast at the time, then he left and never came back. I'm so surprised Ryan talked about Gillian cause of the Josh and Kendall heart transplant (I did hear about that nonsense) Like I said, I just remembered Gillian being brought up in 2002 when they were pairing him with Kendall. Gillian was brought up sometimes since Kendall would of been his first real relationship since Gillian passed away.
Old 05-05-2022, 07:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't know how I would've felt about the twin thing if it had happened. On one hand, we would've gotten more Cam & Esta, but on the other hand, she wouldn't have been Gillian.

I like to pretend that Dimitri and Alex leaving suddenly was about Gillian being alive. The whole ghost storyline was her coma dream and David saved her with that Orpheus drug. He did perform the heart surgery, so it could've been someone else's heart.
Old 05-05-2022, 08:10 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I wish they would of revealed Gillian was alive when the show ended.
Old 05-05-2022, 09:12 PM
I am a basketball genius!

She had died quite a while before then though.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 06:23 AM
Elite Fan

^True but they had gone longer before bringing other people back before so I don't see why they couldn't there especially with the show ending.
Old 05-06-2022, 07:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrey (View Post)
^True but they had gone longer before bringing other people back before so I don't see why they couldn't there especially with the show ending.
Exactly. Dixie was poisoned and died in front of everyone and David saved her. There's no reason Gillian couldn't have also been alive, especially since David did the heart transplant.

Also, Jesse came back 20 years later and he too was shot in the head. Another reason I think Gillian lived is because Jesse lived. If he was alive how was he guiding her in heaven. Again, clearly a coma dream lol.
Old 05-06-2022, 10:51 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Dixie died and came back so many times it's a miracle she wasn't a bin of ashes. I always heard Jesse's death was so final and unreversible, so if they can bring him back after all that anyone can come back. They just bring back who they want to based on how they personally feel IMO. I guess the show was so mad at the actress that played Gillian they gave her such a horrific death, so I could never see them reversing it anyway. I wish they would of brought back Edmund, Noah (Crappy offscreen death, but he's still one of my favorite AMC characters that shouldn't be dead in such a laughable way) Julia, and Gillian. Especially Edmund, at least the others kept their dignity when they passed away. They just disrespected the hell out of Edmund (and his relationship with Maria) before they killed him off. Still makes me sick.
Old 05-07-2022, 03:13 PM
I am a basketball genius!

So, how did she die & return? Was it the same way?

Last edited by canflam; 05-16-2022 at 07:45 PM
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 08:08 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I only remember Dixie died offscreen in a car accident in 2002, then they had someone called Di show up saying she is Dixie, but it turns out she wasn't. Then the real Dixie came back and she ate poison pancakes. Then I think Dixie was a ghost for a little bit too, then according to people here her stalker David saved her later. If they are going to bring people back, stop showing them as ghosts RME.
Old 05-08-2022, 01:04 AM
Loyal Fan

IIRC, the only reason they didn't end it with Gillian and Ryan and Greenlee with Leo was because they thought Cameron and Rebecca would be going to the online version, which they never ended up doing anyway.

Jesse was not only a ghost with Gillian but he followed Tad around for months even after Gillian was gone. Tad also saw Jesse in Heaven during the original Tornado story lol. Then he saw Dixie as a ghost multiple times. Tad sees a lot of dead people that end up alive.
Old 05-08-2022, 07:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Another Esta interview....

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000558597837
Old 05-08-2022, 07:29 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

It's a shame that doomed online version ruined what could of been great endings with closure for many characters. Yeah, having all these characters as ghosts only to have them show back up as flesh and blood people will always be one of the major problems when they bring people back. They do that with Jesse and Dixie, but not Gillian SMH.
Reply   Post New Thread