Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2016, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I can say one thing though... I like the chemistry between Caroline/Thomas, however, I am still not SOLD on the story and of course like many things on B&B, the writing is just too off for me when it comes to Caroline feelings.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:58 PM
Master Fan

They have amazing chemistry and its always been there but I also agree that her feelings have come on so suddenly. I would much rather this have happened a year ago.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think I dislike the way the writers has handled Caroline feelings more than Thomas because I believed Thomas never fell out of love with Caroline, he just pushed his feelings aside when it was clear how devoted Caroline was to Ridge.

But I dislike the night after the slept together. I feel that wasn't really address because she's the biggest reason why Ridge acted out the way he did because she acted like she was sexually assaulted... and my issue with this storyline is that, I don't get how Caroline brushed what happened if she doesn't remember? just to reassure Ridge not to be cruel to Thomas? She seemed to really be so terrified and upset and eventually she moved on from it.

I just need it to get addressed somehow because we as viewers also never saw what happened but now suddenly Caroline seems to be in love with Thomas.

So, I think that's my biggest issue with this storyline.

Old 07-24-2016, 08:39 PM
Master Fan

I'll admit that B&B sure has a way of overcomplicating a storyline in the most unnecessary of ways. Some people will never get over the mess of the night Douglas was conceived which is a shame because it's overshadowed everything they could've been tbh.

It was so random how that one moment of Thomas saying he hoped he was good enough for Douglas suddenly flipped the switch on her feelings. Did you see the look in her eyes? when Thomas asked what was wrong and she spoke of moments she thought would never happen.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree, because the start for them was actually pretty cool... well the restart of what could've been, and then that night happened and it sort of put a sour taste for some people. I just think it's the way it was written, that's the issue as to why some people probably won't get over it. It needs to get address, whether it's Caroline having a flash or something.

Yes I agree.
And I was surprised when she said she never thought all of this would happen. I was confused by it a little actually. lol
Old 07-24-2016, 09:06 PM
Master Fan

Yes it was written poorly with the months & months of Ridge's belief of what the night was then they switched to referring to it as a "misunderstanding" which doesn't clear up the mess that was created.

Until that moment at FC I think she honestly did believe she only had platonic feelings for Thomas. However her feelings are nowhere near as random as Ridge's instant assumption of them "being in love".
Old 07-24-2016, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah... I think that's probably the main reason I didn't dislike Ridge as much in this storyline because he see his son as a great person after what Caroline revealed about that night she doesn't remember. Now it's called a "misunderstanding" which actually concerns me because it make it seem like both Caroline and Ridge tune has completely changed, I don't know if the writers changed their mind about a certain direction or if it's something more.

I think Ridge probably assumed it was love when he saw them talking with Douglas and of course he walked out the house... although it should've had some more months of build up.
However, we all know SOAPS don't build up anything anymore.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:55 PM
Master Fan

Ridge's complete 180 is what's been the most baffling to me because we at least saw for the longest time that Caroline had come to terms in her own mind of how she saw that night with Thomas because over and over she made it clear that she felt in no danger from him. They were re-writing her initial reaction over the progression of the pregnancy.
It's so screwed up that I've just learnt to roll with it being a case of it is what it is.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Probably he officially changed his tune when Caroline finally stood up to herself about a month ago and really explained that Thomas didn't do he thinks he did. It seems that conversation between the three when they decided to come out with the truth is when things changed.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:16 PM
Master Fan

Completely agree! That's the moment everything changed especially from Ridge's perspective of it. He saw it all in a brand new light that was obviously detrimental to how he saw things continuing with himself and Caroline. That marriage seems to be in it's dying breathes more and more with each episode with Caroline gravitating to Thomas and Ridge back to Brooke.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So, the biggest question for me is that.... does Caroline still not remember what happened that day and she just convinces herself that Thomas is right about everything because she knows the type of person he is.

I need some flashbacks.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:45 PM
Master Fan

Well the way she's talked in some scenes I do think she's since had memories of the night. But yeah I agree some flashbacks would be a good way to go of clearing a lot of things up and put minds at rest.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think a flashback of Caroline remembering what happened would be a great way to go... it should've been happen but for fans to accept it and move on.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:11 AM
Master Fan

The shows such a big fan of flashbacks that I'm genuinely shock we still don't have a proper flashback of what went on that night aside from that weird kiss that led to the rest.

I'm still disappointed that their best kiss is the one that was a fantasy that Thomas had last year.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Caroline and Ridge had the most mature soap break up I've seen in quite sometime.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top