Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2016, 01:04 AM
Master Fan

Why wouldn't Jack reveal the man who killed his niece? I know things in soaps are always more complicated, but it takes a lot to let fly someone whose caused the death of a family member.

Being accepted and understood is a huge attraction in itself. We all put up different personalities and masks with different people and a lot of times very few people see the real us. Where we can let down all our protections and just be free, knowing that there is unconditional love there is very freeing.

So I can see the fact that they don't force each other to change and that they accept who they are must be so refreshing and rewarding considering their other partners limited them.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well Jack always viewed Adam as a son, and Adam always thought of Jack as the father he never had.
When Adam first returned to Genoa City with a new face (Gabriel), the first person he told about his true identity was Jack. Of course at first Jack was upset and Adam told Jack what happened to the night of his "supposedly death" and one of the details was that Billy held a gun out on him before the crash. Jack claimed it was to keep Billy out of prison as being the reason he didn't tell anyone.

Personally I believe it was to protect Adam because he viewed him as a son. Of course months went by and Jack seemed convinced that no one should ever know the truth!
Jack became the leader of the team stay quiet club.

Chelsea was the one who revealed the truth to everyone. Chelsea told Billy and Victoria, and Ian Ward told Phyllis who told Victor.
Jack was upset with Chelsea for telling anyone...

So, I feel Jack just looked pathetic in the storyline because it made it seems like he cared for Adam more than he ever cared for Billy or Delia.

Of course Phyllis was team Billy in this situation. Being upset with Jack keeping this secret.
I feel that was when they start growing closer together because the revenge spree for Victor happened... Billy grew to just move on and forgive Adam however, he didn't like how Victor tried to get Adam to flee out the Country. Of course Phyllis who was dealing with what happened with Marco related to Billy rage towards Victor. Even though Billy never understood why Phyllis hated Victor as much as he did until of course everything was revealed. Since then, they have been growing closer together each day.

Billy and Jack hasn't really been the same in the brother department.
Phyllis and Jack hasn't really been the same since the Marco situation.
Which brings the whole Billy and Phyllis love affair.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:16 AM
Master Fan

I cant wait for the major explosion of chaos when the affair gets outed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
Why wouldn't Jack reveal the man who killed his niece? I know things in soaps are always more complicated, but it takes a lot to let fly someone whose caused the death of a family member.
Jack was in a no-win situation because he was caught between his loyalties to both Adam and Billy. Delia's death was a tragic accident that had no good outcome for anyone involved at the end of it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
Well Jack always viewed Adam as a son, and Adam always thought of Jack as the father he never had.
When Adam first returned to Genoa City with a new face (Gabriel), the first person he told about his true identity was Jack. Of course at first Jack was upset and Adam told Jack what happened to the night of his "supposedly death" and one of the details was that Billy held a gun out on him before the crash. Jack claimed it was to keep Billy out of prison as being the reason he didn't tell anyone.

Personally I believe it was to protect Adam because he viewed him as a son. Of course months went by and Jack seemed convinced that no one should ever know the truth!
Jack became the leader of the team stay quiet club.
Billy didn't just threaten him with the gun, he did shoot him because Adam has the bullet wound from the incident.

I believe Jack was torn between protecting Adam/Billy for different and complicated emotional reasons. He surely came out of it all looking worse to Phyllis and Billy since in all honesty his allegiance should have been to his brother.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:24 AM
Master Fan

Marco situation?

I am a big fan of owning up to your mistakes. It make have been an accident, but Adam's behavior caused the death of Billy's daughter. If Jack saw himself as Adam's father, he should have encourage Adam to own up to what he had done. Even if was an accident, he still played a part in it all. I don't know the details, but maybe Billy was angry that Adam seem to "get away" with his daughter's death. Lots of times in tragic deaths people need something or someone to blame even if there is none and it was nearly the universe giving us all the finger. Billy shouldn't had shot at him, but Jack should have hid Adam. He just caused a lot of pain and hurt for a lot of people keeping silent.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
If Jack saw himself as Adam's father, he should have encourage Adam to own up to what he had done. Even if was an accident, he still played a part in it all.
I don't know the details, but maybe Billy was angry that Adam seem to "get away" with his daughter's death.
There are too many details to even begin to try explain that entire storyline and the complexities of it but yes long story short Billy hated Adam for a very long-time over Delia, rightfully so, but it was never as simple as Adam "getting away" with what happened. When Adam finally stood trial last year (post his return from the dead) Billy actually forgave him and was able to finally come to terms with what happened the night Delia died because his own negligence did also play a role in the events which lead to the accident. IMO I always believed Chloe was affected much worse by the loss of Delia because she completely fell apart afterwards and is still bordering on deranged whenever she makes an appearance in GC.

Before Adam's "death" Jack had no clue about the role he had in Delia's death. However, Adam's scumbag father Victor did know and used it to blackmail Adam over visitation to his infant grandson.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:18 AM
Master Fan

Ugh I always knew Victor was ugh, but ugh that's just horrible to sink that low with your own family.

I think it's more the fact that Adam came first, that Jack lied and deceived Billy about Adam. That Jack took the coward selfish way out, instead of being upfront and honest with Billy and trusting him to not make things worse.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Ugh I always knew Victor was ugh, but ugh that's just horrible to sink that low with your own family.
The screwed up relationship between Victor/Adam is just astonishing in how far Victor will go to hurt the ones he says he loves which is really what created the bond between Adam/Jack because Jack has been the father that Adam desperately always wanted Victor to be.

Just when you think Victor cant sink any lower he surprises you. Likely currently he's managed to frame Adam for a murder he 100% did not commit. So now Chelsea & Adam are once again fighting to keep their little family together.

Quote:
I think it's more the fact that Adam came first, that Jack lied and deceived Billy about Adam. That Jack took the coward selfish way out, instead of being upfront and honest with Billy and trusting him to not make things worse.
Yeah I think Jack and Billy's brotherhood was damaged beyond repair when Jack kept silent about Adam (while he was Gabriel) and well now this Philly affair will just blow it to hell forever with no chance of being repaired.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I completely agree.
It's pretty sad how a lot of these family relationships are ruined.

I don't get Victor wanting to ruin Adam's life, he was not the only one to testify against him. I guess Victor is more upset because he feels that without him, Adam would be in jail over what happened with Delia. When Victor does something nice for you, you will always have to pay. Adam is paying now.

Billy/Jack relationship was ruined the day Jack pretty much choose Adam over him, and it really hasn't gotten better sense. Even before the affair, it seems like anytime they share a scene together it is an argument breaking out. The Billy/Phyllis affair just makes things that much worst.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:17 PM
Master Fan

I'm sure there will be comments when the affair comes out. That Billy is doing this as revenge against Jack for the whole Adam thing. When I just can't see Billy doing that (from the little I know about him), I think it's genuine.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well us as an audience know that it's real to Phyllis. He revealed it to to Bethany (fake girlfriend at the time) who told Billy that he will get over this whole thing with Phyllis and he said he won't, and she said why not and he yelled that he loved her.
So, now he believes he's pretty much trapped in this love affair.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

Yeah the audience knows it's real. But I'm sure that people like Jack, Adam, and even Victor will think it's some big revenge plot or that it's some joke and can't be real. At least at the first shock of it all.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah the audience knows it's real. But I'm sure that people like Jack, Adam, and even Victor will think it's some big revenge plot or that it's some joke and can't be real. At least at the first shock of it all.
I definitely agree with you there.
I don't think Adam would really care to be quite honest.
Now Jack on the other hand... he will be full of rage and he won't hate Phyllis at all, he'd probably think Billy took advantage of the whole situation.

Victor will just probably be happy if that means Victoria and Billy are forever broken apart.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:58 PM
Master Fan

Well since Adam considers Jack like a father, perhaps Adam will be angry at Billy and Phyllis for Jack's sake.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:37 AM
Master Fan

I've thought about this a lot and I'd usually be totally into Philly because I love complicated, messy couples but it being an affair I believe that's what has put me off towards it because I'm so over affairs in soaps right now. I blame one certain soap that I watch (Cheerios you know the show that I mean ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)

Now Jack on the other hand... he will be full of rage and he won't hate Phyllis at all, he'd probably think Billy took advantage of the whole situation.

Victor will just probably be happy if that means Victoria and Billy are forever broken apart.
I fear that Jack's bonding with Hilary will lead to something between them when the Philly affair comes out.

I agree Victor would be ecstatic and very gleeful at Victoria/Billy being 100% over.
Even Victoria knows their done because she said a little while ago that she's sensed that Billy's heart has changed and she's right he doesn't love her anymore because his heart is Phyllis' now. Speaking of Victoria I'm loving her with Travis.

Quote:
Well since Adam considers Jack like a father, perhaps Adam will be angry at Billy and Phyllis for Jack's sake.
Adam has much bigger problems right now with trumped up "murder" charges against him so I doubt he'll care about the Philly affair when he's fighting for his freedom. Though if that SL is wrapped up by the time the affair is revealed then he might just make a snarky comment.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yup, that's why I believe the last thing Adam will care about is a Philly affair.
I mean it's not like Jack has been helping Jack right now with his murder storyline. They are both at different places right now.

If anyone will give all the snarky comments, it will be the seize the opportunist Hilary, and of course Ashley.

Seeing what happened with Sharon, Chelsea and Adam in the past, I feel he really has no room to judge.

Although most characters has no room to judge anyone but they always do so who knows. lol

Also, I understand with you on being over affairs. I feel it's happening on all core four soaps right now. lol
Closed Thread   Post New Thread