Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2023, 02:40 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Well, I just think that it is currently more likely to happen than in previous months.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 06:28 PM

Anyone here enjoying seeing Austin & Ava together?
Old 08-30-2023, 04:35 PM

Do any of you want to see see Roger Howarth have scenes with Kassie DePaiva on ''General Hospital'' with her scheduled to appear on that soap?
Old 10-07-2023, 04:54 PM

General Hospital’s Roger Howarth Featured in Film ‘What Doesn’t Float’ Hits Theatres

General Hospital and daytime drama favorite, Roger Howarth (Austin), can now also be seen in the independent feature film, What Doesn’t Float, currently premiering in limited release in New York City this weekend, and then on to Los Angeles next on October 6th.

On Howarth’s Instagram account, the talented actor shared some photos from opening night of the film with his co-stars and said: “What Doesn’t Float has conquered lower manhattan!! Thanks to these amazing creatives. Next is Los Angeles! They are beautiful talents and cool sweet people.”

What Doesn’t Float is dark comedy and anthology that follows seven stories in one city. In it, a group of characters, New Yorkers, are at their wits end. When the dailiness of urban life is suspended by unforeseen conflict, each character must make a decision. While the outcomes vary, a unified sense of the city emerges: New York becomes a mirror to the ego reflecting our true character, while the rest sinks to the bottom.

Howarth takes on the role known as “Paddle Boarder.” Along with Roger, the film stars: Pauline Chalamet, Cindy De La Cruz, Joel Nagle, Larry Fessenden, Declan Eells, Joseph Longo, Chanel & Dior Umoh, Keith Poulson, Lily Sondik, Amir Royale, and Alexra Templer.

GENERAL HOSPITAL5General Hospital’s Roger Howarth Featured in Film ‘What Doesn’t Float’ Hits TheatresSeptember 30, 2023 Photo: ABC
SHARETWEET
General Hospital and daytime drama favorite, Roger Howarth (Austin), can now also be seen in the independent feature film, What Doesn’t Float, currently premiering in limited release in New York City this weekend, and then on to Los Angeles next on October 6th.

On Howarth’s Instagram account, the talented actor shared some photos from opening night of the film with his co-stars and said: “What Doesn’t Float has conquered lower manhattan!! Thanks to these amazing creatives. Next is Los Angeles! They are beautiful talents and cool sweet people.”

What Doesn’t Float is dark comedy and anthology that follows seven stories in one city. In it, a group of characters, New Yorkers, are at their wits end. When the dailiness of urban life is suspended by unforeseen conflict, each character must make a decision. While the outcomes vary, a unified sense of the city emerges: New York becomes a mirror to the ego reflecting our true character, while the rest sinks to the bottom.

Photo: RHowarthIG

Howarth takes on the role known as “Paddle Boarder.” Along with Roger, the film stars: Pauline Chalamet, Cindy De La Cruz, Joel Nagle, Larry Fessenden, Declan Eells, Joseph Longo, Chanel & Dior Umoh, Keith Poulson, Lily Sondik, Amir Royale, and Alexra Templer.

What Doesn’t Float comes from the Creative Collective and Gummy Films: Executive Producers David Tedeschi, Bernadette & Michael Fitzgerald, produced by Rachel Walden & Pauline Chalamet, written by Shauna Fitzgerald, directed and edited by Luca Balser.

https://michaelfairmantv.com/general...at/2023/09/30/
Old 10-09-2023, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^Oh thank you for that.

Icon by Fiona
Sandy0401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2023, 05:20 PM

You are welcome.

Roger Howarth Explains His Short Break From General Hospital

General Hospital fan favorite Roger Howarth (Austin) hasn’t been on screen on recent episodes of the ABC daytime drama seres, and now the actor himself has explained his short disappearance.

While sharing a selfie via his Instagram account, Roger explained he was out of commission, while offering up some inspiration along the way. Howarth, who has been publicly private on social media, recently joined the social media platform, much to the delight of many.

General Hospital fan favorite Roger Howarth (Austin) hasn’t been on screen on recent episodes of the ABC daytime drama seres, and now the actor himself has explained his short disappearance.

While sharing a selfie via his Instagram account, Roger explained he was out of commission, while offering up some inspiration along the way. Howarth, who has been publicly private on social media, recently joined the social media platform, much to the delight of many.

In his post, Roger explained his absence with a photo of him working out at the gym.

“Work,” he noted. “Progressive overload is the theory that whatever you do next, should be more challenging. After a month off for Covid and knee MRI, I am back. And…accountable to you. Another gym post in 30 days. In that time, we can both try something new and difficult! Deal? It’s a way for us all to support and lift one another up. Peace. Seriously… peace.

Since coming to GH, the Daytime Emmy-winning star has played three roles. When One Life to Live came to its conclusion, after being cancelled by ABC, Howarth brought his character of Todd Manning to GH. However, when legal troubles over rights ensued between ABC and Prospect Park (who launched the online version of the series), he had to be given a new role specific to GH, and thus Howarth took over the role of Franco, previously played by James Franco. Later, when GH killed off the character in 2021, Roger returned to the series some time later as a new character, Dr. Austin Gatlin-Holt.

Roger’s return to taping all-new episodes of GH couldn’t come at a better time, as Austin’s story with Ava (Maura West) and his knowing that Nikolas Cassadine (Adam Huss) is alive and well, while she does not, will provide plenty of drama in the months ahead. Many are also hoping that a love story between Austin and Ava will fully bloom.

https://michaelfairmantv.com/roger-h...al/2023/10/11/
Old 10-30-2023, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^Ahh makes sense, thanks for that.

Icon by Fiona
Sandy0401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 02:11 PM

Yeah. Austin gets put in situations that I would think he'd be smart enough to avoid, but his involvement with Ava has not gone well & it's been a mess.
Old 12-05-2023, 03:42 PM

Austin waa killed off on "Days of our Lives".
Old 12-10-2023, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Off General Hospital... what a wasted character.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 04:55 PM

Yes. That is what I meant. I liked that character on ''G.H.'' Frustrating that he had that ending. Just wish Roger Howarth well in his future roles.
Old 03-14-2024, 02:27 PM

Did not post this before: ‘General Hospital’: Roger Howarth Reacts After Shock Exit From Show

Roger Howarth, who plays Austin Gatlin-Holt in General Hospital, has opened up about his shocking exit from the long-running soap, admitting that it “took him a minute” to adjust to the news.

The actor has been with the show since 2012, first crossing over from One Life to Live as Todd Manning and then going on to play two more characters (first Franco Baldwin, then Austin). His departure comes after Roger’s fatal shooting in the November 17 episode.

Speaking to SoapOperaDigest about his exit, Howarth said he received a phone call from executive producer Frank Valentini several weeks ago informing him that his contract would not be renewed.

“[He told me] that when my contract was up at ABC, I would not be offered a new contract and that the character of Austin would be killed, and that this was something that both wanted and needed to do to move [the] story,” Howarth shared.

“And it took me a minute to kind of adjust, to kind of hear the news; it took a second for me to let that settle in. And then, immediately, I realized how lucky I was to have been able to do something I really love doing for more than a decade with people who I really enjoyed working with,” he continued.

Howarth went on to say his departure “felt very much like the scene in Moneyball and Jonah Hill had just told me I’ve been traded.”

Despite his initial surprise at being let go, Howarth stated, “I’m a lucky guy. I had a great run and this was a decision made by people who make these kinds of decisions for a living. For a long time I’ve enjoyed coming to work, learning lines, and saying them with really cool people.”

Before joining General Hospital, Howarth portrayed Todd Manning on the daytime drama One Life to Live, a role which earned him a Daytime Emmy Award in 1994 and who is generally considered an iconic soap opera actor.

Howarth, who wrapped up shooting on General Hospital in October, said of his last day on set, “I was overwhelmed with just how much I love what I do. I love telling stories and I got to do it for a long time.”

He added, “I started my relationship with ABC when I had just had a child and now I have a grandchild, and that’s a lot of opportunities and a lot of people that I got to work very closely with to tell a good story. It’s not just that I felt that on my last day; I still feel that way, but I felt it pretty strongly on the set.”

“And everybody was very sweet to me. The producers gave me flowers and I got to say thank-you and good-bye to an awful lot of people who I really admire,” he concluded.

https://www.tvinsider.com/1112347/ge...tin-shot-dead/
Old 03-15-2024, 12:36 PM
New Fan

Franco was murdered before Thanksgiving. His body was found after Thanksgiving. Very little effort is being made to solve his murder. The Quartermaines did not react to his death. Maxie had a scene a month after his death where she expressed sorrow. The show doesn't seem to care much about Austin.
Prince Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 07:18 PM

That is unfortunate. Perhaps not surpising though.
Reply   Post New Thread