Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2020, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I really wish their was a streaming service for all the old school AMC episodes. lol
Old 02-01-2020, 11:20 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Many 90's episodes are on Youtube though.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:20 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Yeah & some from the 2000's to bring back memories or start new ones of course.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
I really wish their was a streaming service for all the old school AMC episodes. lol
That would be awesome

Icon by Fiona
Old 03-09-2020, 04:34 PM

I was watching episodes from June 2000 late last night of ''All My Children'' & in the June 14th episode I believe it was, Adam paid a man $100 to throw Haley out of a place that they were at. Arlene had a man go up to Adam & act like he thought he was meeting Stewart. Adam told him that Stewart was dead. That was an odd bachelor party that Mateo had. Ryan, Edmond, & others wore dresses. Adam was mean to Liza. He said to her: ''I made so many wrong decisions I actually forgotten what life could be like with someone like Arlene. I don't expect you to grasp this. It's... it's beyond your capacity as a woman. Arlene and I communicate without words.'' Good grief. Just what a jerk. He then went on for a few more sentences. Oh. There was also an episode where Ryan caught Lego & Greenlee kissing while drinking.
Old 03-09-2020, 10:07 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Adam has always been an abusive prick to every woman he dated. He's been that way to his family or friends too, no one was safe from him. He became dead to me when he killed Gloria's unborn child. I remember Stuart was presumed dead around that time and had amnesia, but I forgot he was with Arlene then. Pretty much cause he was depressed over Stuart. I still liked AMC in 2000, I stopped watching it three years later. The 90's will always be AMC's peak, they had the best storylines and couples then.
Old 03-10-2020, 01:32 PM

Yeah. Part of what makes it odd is that he has a twin brother that acts the opposite though. Adam reminds me of Ebenezer Scrooge from ''A Christmas Carol''. Do you remember in 2000 or 2001 which cast members left ''All My Children''? I know that Gillian got shot & left the show. That's too bad. She was a princess too & a beautiful 1 at that, but then I think that she came back over 10 years later. What were your favourite storylines in the 1990's?
Old 03-10-2020, 04:16 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I may be wrong but I don't remember many people leaving in those years. The first ones that come to mind are Gillian like you said (she only came back as an angel when she first died and had scenes with Jesse, and I think in 2011 she came back as an angel again and told Ryan she loved him, and he said it back. Which was a waste cause at the time I was excited to hear she was coming back and tuned in and it was only a few seconds. Her pairing with Ryan was his only good pairing) and I think Trevor and Janet left in 2000.

As for the 90's, from what I remember my favorite storylines was when Kendall came on the show (and most of her storylines) Janet's plastic surgery and going by Jane Cox, Harold the dog trying to come home, the tornado, Julia running away and staying with Noah, Liza's return, Gloria's breakdown and poising Adam, Erica's pills addiction, the Jamaica storyline, Janet meeting Pierce and Laura, Gillian coming to town and her love story with Ryan, and basically Noah and Julia's entire love story. Those are the ones that come to mind right now.
Old 03-15-2020, 08:11 PM
Loyal Fan

I think Scott and Becca came and left during the 2000-2001 time frame. Adrian also left in 2000.

2002 lost quite a few now that I think about it: Dixie, Leo, Vanessa, Mateo, Hayley.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:27 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

lol I didn't care much for Scott and Becca, so no wonder I don't remember. I remembered liking Adrian, I forgot when he left. I think your right though. I think 2002 was one of the million times Dixie left dead and came back RME. I never cared much for Leo (especially his toxic, whipped relationship with Greenlee) but I was so sad when Mateo and Hayley left (especially when Maria just returned) but I'm glad they got a happy ending.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, I think they had Adrian turn out to be Opal's son, which was a bit of a whiplash as she was quite the Archie Bunker back in the day and made racist comments toward her daughter Jenny being friends with Jesse.

I think Belinda left a year earlier than Adrian. It's too bad they didn't do more with her as I really like Amelia Marshall as an actress.

Didn't Julia return just as Maria was leaving? The Santos siblings kept just missing each other.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:42 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I liked Belinda. I forgot they recasted her later, I liked the first actress that played her more. Oh yeah, Maria left in 2005 and I think Julia returned three months after her which was more horrible timing. I hated how the Santos family was dismantled more and more over the years. Julia left with Noah, Hector died (even though I hated I hated that pompous hypocrite) Maria "died," then Mateo was the only one around for a few years. Then Maria returned, Mateo left, Maria left again, Julia returned, then died. They were one of my favorite families on AMC.
Old 03-23-2020, 04:44 PM

Was the actor that played "Dixie" on "Another World"? This is a good time to watch "All My Children" on YouTube with all these closures.
Old 03-23-2020, 05:28 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't think Cady McClain was on Another World... the other soap she was on was As The World Turns, I think. I didn't really watch that one but my grandmother did.
Old 03-23-2020, 05:48 PM

OK. Thanks. I have watched some of "As the World Turns", but no episodes with her on them yet.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread