Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2019, 03:43 PM
Elite Fan

Soaps are just a dead genre in this day and age. I loved AMC in the 90's, I watched from 1993 to 2003. My favorite thing about the show was Noah and Julia, their love story and journey was amazing.
Butterfly85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:05 AM
Master Fan

I would love to see this show come back, especially JR Chandler (Jacob Young's version), Bianca Montgomery, Lila Alcazar (She is Skye Quartermaine's daughter and Skye used to live in Pine Valley and it would be nice seeing her daughter on the show), not dead Morgan Corinthos (somehow he ended up in Pine Valley), Kendall, Greenlee, and etc.....

Morgan Corinthos and Lila Alcazar being in Pine Valley is my own All My Children/General Hospital crossover fanfiction idea.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: My Kind Of Crazy
Jason Morgan |Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko | Macy & Harry | Draco/Pansy/Blaise | Princess Zelda | Clark & Lois
baelfire24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^Skye's real life daughter could always play Miranda and they could use old Morgan for AJ too just a way to bring on the actors and give a GH feel without it being GH. I miss this show and One Life lately, GH has gotten boring, YR is okay, Days & BB have been my main ones but AMC and OLTL used to be that for me
Old 10-16-2019, 04:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Skye never made a lick of sense of GH, or OLTL for that matter. And making her a Quartermaine was just stupid. She worked better on AMC as Adam Chandler's daughter.
tslpsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 05:41 PM
Elite Fan

I only saw Skye when she returned in 1996 and she was being held hostage by Dr. Kinder. Then she worked with Erica and Janet to get revenge on him. That was the only time I liked her. When she started acting thirsty for Edmund and switched he and Maria's paternity test is when I hated her and was glad she left after that. That was the only time I saw Skye. I was surprised she was on all the soaps.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:18 PM
Loyal Fan

I loved this soap. It was truly untoppable and I miss it very much.
dh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

I never watched it.

Any good Super Couples on the show?
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^Yes!! Tad and Dixie and Zach and Kendall I also liked JR and Babe, Ryan and Annie and Bianca and Maggie together too.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:19 PM
Elite Fan

Jesse/Angie is the biggest supercouple of AMC. I also think Noah/Julia, Edmund/Maria, Tad/Dixie, and Dimitri/Erica are supercouples too. Soaps lack great couples like this now. Especially the great love story and journey.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^They do, those couples really showed you what a supercouple was. I think that may be what I miss and loved most about AMC.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, which 2 people on a current soap opera could you see as a ''supercouple''? ''All My Children'' is 1 of my all favourite all time soap operas. I was looking at the IMDB page for ''All My Children'' I didn't realize how long many of the cast members were on that show for. Wow. 1of my favourite episodes was when David made Bianca go the clinic. That was quite dramatic. I liked how David Canary also played the roles of twins. It's hard for me to imagine doing that for so long, but it was well done.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 10:09 PM
Elite Fan

DC did so great playing Adam and Stuart, especially when they were polar opposites. I didn't like Adam cause he was a psychotic monster, but Stuart was one of my favorite characters. He was literally the sweetest human being on Earth.
Old 10-26-2019, 09:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I only saw Skye when she returned in 1996 and she was being held hostage by Dr. Kinder. Then she worked with Erica and Janet to get revenge on him. That was the only time I liked her. When she started acting thirsty for Edmund and switched he and Maria's paternity test is when I hated her and was glad she left after that. That was the only time I saw Skye. I was surprised she was on all the soaps.
Carrie Genzel's Skye, yes. That was her doing those stories. It was Robin Christopher probably the definitive Skye that ended up on the other soaps.
Old 10-26-2019, 09:43 AM
Loyal Fan

This is one of my favorite Stuart/Adam scenes. I do believe DC won an emmy for this scene, if I am not mistaken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY2OtToC8jU&t=36m47s

It's around 36:45 if the timing tag in the link doesn't work.
Old 10-26-2019, 09:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
I never watched it.

Any good Super Couples on the show?
The early 80's supercouples were probably AMC's best known and most popular, Jenny and Greg, Jesse and Angie, and Cliff and Nina.

Maybe Tad and Dixie, but that was a bit later, and IMO they were never the same once Tad returned from the dead in '93.

Other popular favs were Brooke and Adam, Trevor and Natalie, Erica with Jack and Dimitri, Edmund and Brooke. Edmund and Maria, Noah and Julia, Hayley and Mateo, Ryan and Gillian, Leo and Greenlee, Zach and Kendall, JR and Annie.

My personal favorite was Nico and Cecily, but they were more of a neurotic B-story couple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdHOzDSGxSw
Reply   Post New Thread