Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-06-2015, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You don't like him? I tried the fault in our stars (the book) and it didn't interest me
Old 08-07-2015, 04:41 AM
Master Fan

I mean he seems smart and generally nice, but it's really creepy to me that he intentionally builds a cult of insecure teenage girls. It doesn't really become apparent until you've followed him on social media and then you realize how much time he spends trying to be relatable to underage girls, which is kind of weird for 40 something-year-old man? People on tumblr either love him or hate him, and it's become a real flame war between him and the latter. Mostly people make fun of him for trying so hard to be cool and appealing to teens, but there was a big controversy lately when someone called him out on basically pandering to the vulnerability of teenage girls and having a creepy social media presence and he freaked out and somehow twisted that into an accusation of pedophilia and then all his fans and a few famous authors jumped on this poor girl for allegedly accusing him of pedophilia, which she never actually did. It was so ridiculous

Old 08-13-2015, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What a mess, but it's not a surprise he tries to appease teenage girls, they usually make the most passionate fans
Old 08-13-2015, 01:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkyfan (View Post)
I mean he seems smart and generally nice, but it's really creepy to me that he intentionally builds a cult of insecure teenage girls. It doesn't really become apparent until you've followed him on social media and then you realize how much time he spends trying to be relatable to underage girls, which is kind of weird for 40 something-year-old man? People on tumblr either love him or hate him, and it's become a real flame war between him and the latter. Mostly people make fun of him for trying so hard to be cool and appealing to teens, but there was a big controversy lately when someone called him out on basically pandering to the vulnerability of teenage girls and having a creepy social media presence and he freaked out and somehow twisted that into an accusation of pedophilia and then all his fans and a few famous authors jumped on this poor girl for allegedly accusing him of pedophilia, which she never actually did. It was so ridiculous
Omg, I didn't know all that. I read The fault in our stars and I loved it, but yeah it's bit creepy how many authors try to look like they're still teenagers these days.
It reminds me of JB
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 09-17-2015, 03:19 AM
Addicted Fan

some post skins project of her's
Old 09-17-2015, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 09-17-2015, 08:20 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
I used to regularly watch the Vlogbrothers on YT, (still sometimes do) and I never really got the vibe back then that he was pandering but then I never followed him on any other site so maybe he comes across as different on his blogs.
I never knew about that girl though :S bit weird, though there was a point where lots of famous youtubers were called out for manipulation (and in some cases rape) of vulnerable fans so maybe he thought he would be dragged into that? (Not trying to justify everyone calling out the poor girl though).

OMG Freya
Old 09-17-2015, 08:53 PM
Master Fan

I'm conflicted because I actually really like a lot of his YouTube videos and he's really intelligent, but on tumblr he just acts weird and desperate I can't describe it is just really weird?

Old 09-18-2015, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Everyone on tumblr acts weird and desperate lest be honest here
Old 09-18-2015, 07:35 PM
Master Fan

Guilty as charged

Old 09-19-2015, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Problem solved
Old 09-19-2015, 11:28 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
I'm conflicted because I actually really like a lot of his YouTube videos and he's really intelligent, but on tumblr he just acts weird and desperate I can't describe it is just really weird?
Hmm, I'll make sure I stay away from his tumblr then :L

Maybe he does just have Tumblr fever like everyone else seems to get it seems to bring the desperation out in people
Old 09-19-2015, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah to fit in on timblr you have to say the same **** everyone else does
Old 09-19-2015, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

yeah everyone just talks about how sad and/or horny they are

Old 09-20-2015, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well we kinda are too