Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2015, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Emily and David appreciation #58: "I like when Emily has her hair down cause she's so pretty."

Welcome to the 58th David/Emily Friendship Appreciation Thread!

["I'm real fortunate to have someone like Emily who is such a humble, beautiful, gifted person." -DB]

Not every day comes along two co-stars who not only sparkle together on the screen, but also off. Welcome to the
thread dedicated to probably the cutest friendship in the world between David Boreanaz & Emily Deschanel.
Let us tell you: You can't fake chemistry this good!

1. fall like stars 2. wywy86 3. Pasadora
4. flanmaja 5. dice8us 6. foreverwood42
7. Anny86 8. hockeymom19 9. I_Wish_I_Were_Kerry
10. addisonlover 11. Laurababora 12. courtneymudie7
13. merveille 14. BeMyBaby 15. rach3
16. Wildfire Girl 17. Semperance 18. daritah
19. SilviahPaulian 20. xlennie 21. GracieLou
22. *~Sophia~* 23. DreamWalker 24. Angel2005
25. basketmaker 26. courtney921 27. SaRaBonesPortugal
28. ~Catrina~ 29. hohes_C 30. Lazy Cat
31. AmericanDirrty 32. Motoko Ayoama 33. DisneyPrincess
34. tidbit2008 35. annie100 36. +Linds+
37. Ronata 38. alexia23 39. Ooops
40. emilee_derie 41. Sophia. 42. krizzteh
43. carolilly 44. K.Corinne 45. Ryan-Marissa<3
46. samanta 47. Latiatia2a 48. Lisa07
49. buffyandspike4ever 50. hungry4chocolate 51. _virgo_
52. BoneLady 53. Aerynv 54. AlexandraMavier
55. jbn19872005 56. haykris 57. Gemma24
58. *Lori89* 59. SharTheLove 60. OnlyException
61. MelBelle2 62. |so alive| 63. ~Phoenix~
64. fabulous 65. On Fire 66. MadWong
67. DUHsoTK 68. jojo3315 69. princess fiona
70. Under -the- Blue 71. B.Chambers 72. elisa89
73. greengirlisgood 74. tjgraham91 75. xoxoprettyo3
76. sammii 77. unless a dream 78. whenjenn
79. One Love 80. smerelerk 81. Elizabeth_88
82. bh11000 83. BrainySmurfette 84.wonder girl
85. Crelga 86. annoying_gia 87. chabaliste88
88. phyco52 89. angelface211 90. Fleur!
91. Chucking4Bones 92. babyblue54 93. quin611
94. ina_am

+if you want to be added ask on the thread or PM the thread starter

1. Because their chemistry is UNDENIABLE.
2. Because they sparkle together on the screen and off the screen.
3. Because they are a twosome of utter cuteness!
4. Because they are BB shippers!!
5. Because they meet on the weekends to work on their scenes.
6. Because he’s a wonderful friend.
7. Because they interact like they’ve been working together forever.
8. Because they challenge each other as characters and actors everyday.
9. Because when she first met him it just “felt right”.
10. Because his hand is always around her waist.
11. Because when he looks into her eyes he observes many, many moons.
12. Because David kisses her all the time.
13. Because she says he's like a little child.
14. Because he makes fun of her constantly.
15. Because he loves being around Emily.
16. Because he missed her during the season 1 hiatus.
17. Because she always blushes when he tries to kiss her
18. Because they are lightening in a bottle!
19. Because their's so much sexual tension you don't even have to write it into the script.
20. Because they do it better than most.
21. Because David takes care of her and gives her whatever she needs or wants.
22. Because "this sexual chemistry - it’s like Barry White. You know what I’m saying? This is like Marvin Gaye, ‘Let’s Get It On.'

Emily on David - "One time I burst into tears, David took me outside and asked, "What's going on with you?" and then really listened to my answer. He's a wonderful friend."

David on Emily - "I like when Emily has her hair down cause she's so pretty."

Emily: “David jokes around so much and plays jokes on us. You can't believe anything that comes out of his mouth, I have realized!”

David: “I love being around Emily. I miss her. I miss-“
Emily: “You can’t help yourself.”
David: “I can’t. When we left the first season I was -”
Emily: “He was-“
David: “Departed”
Emily: “He spiraled into a depression”
David: “Bad. And now I feel myself back in it with her. And I love doing scenes with her.”

David: “You’ll see the two of us just get closer and closer, and it’s exciting to see that.”

Emily: “I think that when somebody, when people really have a connection with each other, they change each other. You become a different person, hopefully a better person, because of it.”

Emily: “I think it’s just another confirmation that Booth and Brennan you know are kinda meant to be together.
David: “Love. Lots of love.”

Emily: "You’re a ‘guy’s guy’."

David: "I mean this sexual chemistry - it’s like Barry White [laughter from both]. You know what I’m saying? This is like Marvin Gaye, ‘Let’s Get It On,’ but I’m trying to blow up those string balloons and you just can’t get it."

David on Emily - “I stare at Emily's eyes and it's like the galaxy. I just watch and observe many, many moons.”

Emily on David - "David is the first to protect everybody."

Emily on Booth & Brennan - "I think that they belong with each other, but it's more interesting to watch us dance around our attractions. They have to figure out some things before they are really meant to be with each other."

Emily: “David kisses me all the time.”
David: “We were doing a scene and I kissed her at the end, and she turned bright red.”
Emily: “He tries to kiss me all the time as a joke, because he knows it makes me very uncomfortable. He kissed me now like twice at the end of a scene.”
David: “And she kissed me once!”
Emily: “On the cheek.”
David: “It was pretty aggressive. You should see when she makes out with her other boyfriends.”
Emily: “He gets jealous when I have love interests. I'm turning bright red now.”

Emily: "He told her (Cam) that he couldn't date people he works with, so what else am I supposed to do but ... go to someone else? I can't date you!"
David: "Well I didn't really say that you date me but we could possibly you know go out for like maybe dinner" (talking over her)
Emily: "You did say that. You said you weren't going to date someone you work with" (over him)
David: "I never said that!" (talking over each other)
Emily: "Yes you did. Like two episodes ago!"
David: "That's so wrong."

David: "You know, she's changing the sheets and I'm not. I'm in therapy. Big difference. Okay? That's the big difference."
Emily: "I don't even know what that means."

David on Emily - "It's a fantastic journey. I look into Emily's eyes and I see nothing but deep blue seas .... and cashmere sweaters ..."

Emily: "Neverending love ..."
David: "Neverending love"

David: <after interviewer wants to talk about Bones instead of the bantering> But this is our relationship, which is great. Because umour relationship on the show is -it coexists with conflict, as you can see, and we like to bring that to the table.

Emily: I think we were left at the altar and I said 'what do we do now' and I looked at him -
David: <over Emily> See, see look at her, I just love looking at her
Emily <over David> and I asked him that question.
David: It's dangerous. It's exciting. It's like - it's like being on a rollercoaster the first time
Emily: But -
David: Dangerous. And you - you can feel it going up do do do do and then this amazing
Emily: And you know it's going to drop
David: You know it's going to drop
Emily: But you don't know when
David <over Emily>: But you don't know where the thrills and turns are - that's the love of the female!

David: I jumped on my costar Emily and I jumped on the crew...in a different way...

David: But underneath of this nerd costume could be something but you’ll have to wait for the episode to see what that is ha ha
Emily: I love nerds. He’s never been more attractive to me.
David: It’s the glasses
Emily: I’m serious. I love the glasses – that – he has never been more attractive to me.
David: See <takes glasses off>
Emily: No big deal
David: <puts glasses back on> But now watch …
<Share a sexy smile>

Interviewer: Ask David which co-star was fun to work with and who's hotter Buffy or the bird from Bones <David laughs> Because he means Brennan.
David: Hey!
Interviewer: That's a popular phrase we use, like 'chap'
David: The bird. I think both of the birds were actually fantastic to work with, you know. I mean, each had their own special qualities, and each had their... both trance in their eyes. And pull me in, you know. Right now, I mean, Emily is just a fantastic woman, so I'd have to go with Emily.
Interviewer: Right, but if it was a kind of blind date night, and you'd walk in and you've never seen them before –
David <without letting him finish>: Emily!

Interviewer: Can you ask David if it was hard working with Brennan dressed up as Wonder Woman?
David: Oh!
Interviewer: I’ll rephrase that. Can you ask David if it was difficult working with Brennan -
<David starts laughing>
Interviewer: - dressed up as Wonder Woman
David: Oh it was both, baby. Let me tell you something.
<Interviewer laughs>
David: It was incredibly outstanding to uh be to partake in the wonder woman outfit. Uh, it was, uh, you know, the shields were up, those bracelets were stopping those magical bullets all over the place.

David on Booth and Brennan : She's a little bit country. I'm a little bit rock-and-roll. You flirt with that and maintain that as much as you can.

David <on Emily> : Emily has a great sense of humour. She’s extremely dedicated to the character and her work is great. She’s very humble and she keeps me humble. She’s a joy and she doesn’t take things personally. We fought twice on the set and then we made up. We don’t hold grudges and when you work so close and for such long hours on a drama, you become a family.

David <on Emily> : There’s definitely a connection between the two of us, which helps the chemistry on the show.

David: We had our first kiss. It was in the Christmas episode under the mistletoe, which was great. <crowd laughs> I – it was tough being at work that day. I enjoyed it.

David: It was great. She did a fantastic job. You know, we worked on it beforehand and it’s tough to – when you –
Emily: He gave me notes.
David: I gave her notes.
Emily <singing notes, low to high> Me me me me me
David laughs, tries talking: We worked -
Emily: me me me me …. Give me notes now.
David: No, I’m not giving you notes right now! Later. See, we – we had this uh – we worked before we actually shot this episode. And we come to find out people’s insecurities through living life richer fuller –
Emily: Are you trying to say that I have insecurities about singing in public?
David: I know I do. I tried singing – I
Emily: I – he tried to make me feel better. He sang before hand.
David: I belted it out.

Interviewer: How do you get chemistry?
David: You know, it's just... It's ingrained. You're just lucky with it. You know, you're fortunate to have a co-star like Emily. The two of us just kind of bonded and it just started like that. I mean, there's not really a formula for it, it's just consistent...
Interviewer: Is there an attraction?
David: There's is an attraction that happens with it. But there's also a respect and a responsibility as a leading man in order to take care of your co-star.
Interviewer: Oh, that's so cool isn't it?
David: You know, you have to take care of her and you have to give her whatever she needs. Or wants!

David on Emily: You really have to work at it and be able to trust each other. and be able to be there for each other. as I'm real fortunate to have someone like Emily who is such a humble, beautiful, gifted person. to kind of step and and go right in there with each other. Go through all the you know the conflicting times, the times that we could be struggling shooting a season. or shooting a specific episode. Just being there for each other. and knowing each other's needs and wants. and growing from there is really a testimony to building the chemistry. we build it everyday. we build it with each episode.

Emily on David: There is a reason why you call it sexual tension. People who meet each other head on. I think it is true of our characters and David and I. We challenge each other and I think we are matching each other on different levels even though we have different ways of facing things. The characters are that way, as well as David and I.

Emily: He chooses my lipgloss every episode.
David: I choose - and she chooses my ties.
Emily: That’s true.
David: What was the last episode’s -
Emily: Ruby sparks.
David: Ruby sparks. That’s right baby.

David on Emily: She still looks beautiful.

Emily: I think Los Angeles will win the SuperBowl.
David: That's my girl! She picked right! It's gonna be the Eagles and the Los Angeles who?

David ... you know running with each other and testing each others wits and getting closer and closer ...
Emily: (interrupts him) ... getting closer and closer ...
David: ... and closer ... and lovable and more ... you know ... more things like this (Emily and David lean closer to each-other)
Emily: Close as this. That's how close we get. We might even get closer.
David: We might be closer by year ... end. And we may ... might be in ... under sheet. Or on top of sheets.

David: And to Emily..who..I don't know..I..There are moments when.. ya know..you
just see someone and you're working and that person just recognizes something inside of
the other person and says you know I'm..I'm there to help you get through a scene or help
you to figure out a moment and I thank you so much from my heart and I give my heart to
not only you but the cast. So thank you and congratulations on our hundredth.

Emily: For David..my amazing partner..and I just..I feel the same way with you.He's
helped me through so many hard times and good times and.. I feel like we can sometimes
understand each other without even speaking words

"There's so much sexual tension between David and Emily that you don't have to write it into the script." ~ Creator Hart Hanson

“The show is full of surprises, and the biggest surprise is the chemistry between Boreanez and Deschanel—they're Tracy and Hepburn as modern crime fighters and the subtleties, the layers—they slay me every time." ~ DVDVerdict.com

"Yeah, it’s [The series lives and dies by the two main characters that are weekly at odds with one another while always maintaining a level of sexual tension] been done before but Deschanel and Boreanaz do it better than most." - IFMagazine Reviewer Peter Brown

Ann Craig (FOX announcer) on David and Emily: If sexual tension was illegal, these two would be locked up.

Kristen on David and Emily: I'm telling you, these two are lightning in a bottle!

Kristen: ".... when David Boreanaz walks into the room, lights up like a lamp at the sight of his costar [Emily] and does my job for me, all while I sit back, relax and take in the sizzlin', swoon-worthy hotness."

Hart Hanson:
"David had another actress he liked, that he thought should be the lead. David's a very strong-willed man. So he... I wouldn't say sabotage... he challenged Emily to rise to the occasion by advancing on her.
David's about 6'1", and about 200 lbs of shoulders with pecs attached, and the package and knees very, very... he's a guy... And he advanced on her in the network test. And Emily stepped into it. She stepped right toward him. And then they had one of the exchanges that we used in the pilot. And it was when even a thick-head like me went "whoa."

Old 01-11-2015, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread!
I am an original”
Old 01-12-2015, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

No problem
Old 01-13-2015, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT!
Wonderful title
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 01-13-2015, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Your welcome

I love that sweet quote from David
Old 01-14-2015, 05:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT! awesome title indeed
Old 01-15-2015, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Your welcome Ina

Old 01-16-2015, 07:55 PM
Elite Fan

They were so dolled up
Old 01-17-2015, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved seeing them all dresses up like that
Old 01-17-2015, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

So do I.
I am an original”
Old 01-18-2015, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

It looks like that had a great time
Old 01-20-2015, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wonderful gif
Love their chemistry so much
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 01-21-2015, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

I do too they are superb together
Old 01-24-2015, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Their chemistry is so amazing.
I am an original”
Old 01-25-2015, 07:06 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread