Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-20-2009, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Serena S2 discussion/S3 Wish List

Tell us what you thought about season two and what you would like to see happening with Serena next season.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My season three wish list for Serena:

- Character development for Serena, for real, there was very, very little in S2.
- A well developed Mr. vdWoodsen SL, give us substance instead of OMG moments.
- More S/Ca, she’s a former bad girl, he’s a very intriguing bad boy, match made in heaven.
- No more Serena as victim.
- Proper build up to a NS hook up, it’s time and NSers deserve it.
- More van der Bass siblings scenes.
- More Serena, Lily, Cece scenes
- More friendship scenes, this is a must.
- No 57893 DS hook up, drop it, don’t destroy them even more, let them be friends, only.

This is what I can remember now. I’ll talk about S2 later.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

dp, sorry!
Old 05-20-2009, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

oh, awesome thread! thanks for starting!

I agree 100000 % with everything you listed. no more doormat!Serena, no more nun!Serena, no more pretending-to-be-someone-she's-not-just-to-make-others-happy!Serena, please. there's nothing else to add!
Old 05-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting do you want me to top this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiab (View Post)
- No 57893 DS hook up, drop it, don’t destroy them even more, let them be friends, only.
I agree so much!
Old 05-20-2009, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The subject drives a Mustang, works, has dinner at an upscale restaurant and apparently met with a woman

Old 05-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

i want serena to just get together with dan for good in season 3.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd rather have NS and DS in season 3 tbh. All the back and forth between Dan & Serena really annoyed me last season.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

I agree with a lot of which has been already mentioned here:

- A independent Serena who does what she wants, when she wants. Who expresses how she feels and is, when necessary. Who isn't afraid or scared of people/situations. I want her to be confident, and fearless.
- Having a love interest in the form of a certain Carter Baizen. Where, unlike previous relationships, she isn't judged. I want her to have fun and be carefree.
- Daddy VdW to surface up and explain where he was and why. I want this storyline to last more than 3 episodes.
- For the Non Judging Breakfast Club to be a focal point of the next season.
- I don 't want to hear Serena utter the word 'sorry' at all next season.

That's all I can think of right now
Old 05-20-2009, 10:33 PM
Loyal Fan

My wishlist for S3 and some of them are way overdue:

Yes more character development for Serena. Apart from a few episodes like 2.03 to 2.07, 2.17, 2.23, there really wasn't that much really.

Show more about Serena's character, what she is like past and present. I know the basis for the character, but now I want to see her traits explored on the show.

I want a season long arc for her this time, instead of the usual four episode story arc at the end of the episode, usually preceded by a whole season of not developing her much. This time I want her arc to run through continuously throughout the season and to have direction/purpose that impacts her hugely.

More van der Woodsen/Rhodes interaction. they are hugely dynamic and compelling. Cece should appear more, and Eric needs to be more prominent.

The father story to be well written, concentrate more on character revelations, developments and less on the OMFG.

I want to know more about Serena's past, what her childhood was like, what got her into acting the way she did and the impact it had on her.

If there is going to be NS for real build them up and make it make sense for her character, in terms of what happened between them in the past and why she would go for him now.

No more guest stars that don't really matter in the long run for Serena, she's had enough to last her all series, let the other characters deal with the guest star storylines.

Carter/Serena - I want more of them. He just fits her for me. At least just explain their past or why he does the things he does for her, even if there isn't going to be any more of them.

And please no more repetitive, break up/make up cycle with DS. That would be waste of time devoted to something they ran into the ground in S2, when the writers could be concentrating on any of the above.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:46 PM
Loyal Fan

My wishlist for S3
1.I want Serena to go to college in NY and hopefully find her passion for something that isn't modeling or acting.
2. I want her relationship with her father explored
3. I want to find out what Serena was like before she started drinking and doing drugs.
4. I want her relationship with Eric explored more. Did she try to take care of Eric when Lily would leave them.
5.I want the Carter/Serena dynamic explored. It doesn't have to be romantic
6. I don't want Serena to have a boyfriend for most of season three but occasionally show her hooking up with randoms so she doesn't look like she is pining or becoming a nun.
7. More Lily/Eric/Chuck/Serena/CeCe scenes.
8. More Blair/Serena Chuck/Serena, and Nate/Serena friendship scenes.
9. Have her start up a friendship with Vanessa. They could be good for each other.
10. Please have her stop apologizing for everything. The way they write her now, she could just have a dry erase board with the words "I'm Sorry" around her neck and then point to it whenever she feels the need to apologize.
11. Write from her pov occasionally when she is in conflict with another character.
12. No more guest boyfriends.
13. Have Dan and Serena remain only friends for season three and have Serena be fine with Dan dating/falling in love with another girl. No jealousy needed.
14. Let Serena start to grow and be able to express negative emotions to her loved ones.
15. Let Serena grow out of the need to tie herself into a knot for other peoples approval and affection.
" “Darling, I don't want you; I've got no place for you; I only want what you give. I don't want the whole of anyone.... What you want is the whole of me-isn't it, isn't it?-and the whole of me isn't there for anybody. In that full sense you want me I don't exist.”.

Last edited by wigbee71583; 05-20-2009 at 11:54 PM
Old 05-21-2009, 02:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Damn, this is a well liked thread. Thanks for starting, Sofia!
Old 05-21-2009, 03:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

wow, we pretty much all agree! that's something!

Quote:
- For the Non Judging Breakfast Club to be a focal point of the next season.
yes, so much yes! them coming together once a season is not enough. at all. let them have some fun without scheming, as well! I'd also love some flashbacks.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Master Fan

All I want is Dan/Serena for good. And never, ever break up.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Guess we all have different ideas here.