Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

News & Appearances #10: Because she's hanging out with the biggest names, like Anna Wintour and Karl Lagerfeld.

Latest N e w s

There's lots more. Articles, interviews, videos, pictures. Just read back the old thread for everything.

Quote:
Blake Lively
Talk of the town

As the star of TV's reigning guilty pleasure, "Gossip Girl," Blake Lively is firm about the show's supposed influence on its target audience.
"It's silly to think that we're trying to tell anyone how to live their life," she says of the racy, teen must-see TV. "We're just showing you fun, juicy storylines with amazing wardrobes."

The fashion-forward show has not only boosted the CW's fortunes but also advanced the 21-year-old actress into a hot property and a designer favorite.

During New York's Fashion Week, she was greeted warmly by Vogue's Anna Wintour and sought after by designers such as Michael Kors and Zac Posen (her Ralph Lauren custom-fitted couture gown worn to the Met's annual Costume Gala got rave reviews). Lively has even witnessed her character Serena van der Woodsen's impact on the streets of Gotham: "I've seen girls wearing Serena outfits; they're really very specific."

Lively's other roles include "Accepted," the "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" films (producer Debra Martin Chase lauds "her touch of innocence, intelligence -- a lovely young woman") and Rebecca Miller's upcoming "The Private Lives of Pippa Lee." Of the latter, Lively enthuses, "That kind of project is impossible to find, and the fact that I could work it in my four-week break was a miracle."

Because of the protracted production sked of "Gossip Girl," Lively won't have a break long enough for a new feature role until February (though she might guest host "Saturday Night Live" later this season). She is carefully considering other offers, with an emphasis on quality.

At the same time, Lively, who completed high school and graduated with her friends after production wrapped on the "Traveling Pants" sequel, continues to value life outside of acting and remaining grounded.

"I have a terrific family and a small group of friends who wouldn't let me get crazy even if I wanted to," she says.

Recent breakthrough: The 21-year-old actress has become an overnight covergirl, thanks to her lead role on the CW's hit "Gossip Girl."

Role model: "I love Martha Stewart, her cookbooks, everything that she does. I would love to open a restaurant and interior design company."

What's next: Rebecca Miller's "The Private Lives of Pippa Lee." Lively plays the teenage Lee; Robin Wright Penn is the elder.
Blake Lively - Entertainment News, Youth Impact Report '08, Media - Variety

Quote:
Do ‘Gossip’ stars keep show clothes?

By Ruben V. Nepales
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 01:44:00 11/01/2008

LOS ANGELES, California—In part two of our feature on “Gossip Girl,” one of television’s much-buzzed about shows, we share excerpts of our press con with the second set of stars: Blake Lively, Penn Badgley and Jessica Szohr.

Blake, your nieces may have told you by now, plays Serena, the blonde queen in “Gossip Girl’s” world of loving and bickering students in a posh New York high school. She and Penn, who portrays Dan Humphrey, are on- and offscreen sweethearts. Jessica plays Vanessa, a rebel from Brooklyn who’s Dan’s friend, who frowns on this Upper East Side clique of money, fashion and fundraisers. All this drama—or comedy, if you will—is reported by an anonymous blogger named, well, Gossip Girl.

What was your own high school experience like?

Penn: Mine was sort of nonexistent. On paper, I didn’t even go to high school. I went for a couple of months and then, I graduated early. I took the California State High School Proficiency Examination, then I started taking community college courses (at Santa Monica College). I was 14. Over three years, until I was 17, I got enough credits to transfer as a sophomore to USC (University of Southern California), but I deferred admission. I was working and getting all my classes in alternately. You know, it’s like the Hollywood life. It was quasi-college, so I loved it. In fact, I miss it! Santa Monica College is a great campus. It’s one of the things I miss about LA.

Blake: Mine was very different (from the one on the show). I grew up in the LA area—in a small town, Burbank, where my parents’ grandparents went to the same school. Three years after I graduated from high school, when the homecoming game was in town, if I walked into IHOP (International House of Pancakes) wearing the opposing team’s color, I was shunned. It was very much a small-town mentality. I was very involved with school and fundraisers. I dressed up as the Bull Dog mascot for football games.

Football team

Jessica: I grew up in a very small town that was really considered a village back then. Now, there are more people there. The football team was a big deal. Everyone’s parents went on Friday nights, and everyone was involved with the Student Council. I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way!

What we can look forward to in the show’s second season?

Penn: There are other love interests. I mean, it’s one of those relationships that, in this genre, you’re always going to get that push and pull. Will they or won’t they? For Dan, I know he’s not having so much on the love front. He’s enriching his life in order to enrich his writing, which sounds backwards—but that’s the way he wants to go about it. He dabbles in the dark side this season with Chuck Bass (played by Ed Westwick) as much as he might hate it. There’s always the anchor—his relationship with Serena. It’s always going to be something that’s present with him, because she was his first love.

Blake: There are new love interests for Serena. The interesting thing about this is that Serena was a bad girl. You met her returning and trying to be good—then, she met Dan. She avoids finding out who she is as a person and who she’s going to become, because she has this other person. She still needs a bit of the power that she had before. She was able to fall back into the shadows when she was with Dan. She does rise to power this season, and she’s finding that balance. She meets an artist who’s in his 20s. He’s a free spirit, and he tries to break her out of her shell. But, as much as he’s helping Serena as a person, there’s still that constant tug with Dan.

Jessica: I’m thinking that Vanessa will meet a guy in Brooklyn or something, because I don’t know if she can deal with these kids from the Upper East Side or Nate. She has a little flirtation with Chuck in a couple of episodes coming up, but they can’t stand each other, so we’ll see where it goes.

Influence

Blake, you have an influence on the young generation. I saw a teenager, who’s around 13 years old, who told the sales clerk at Neiman Marcus that she would like to have the same dress and shirt that your character had on the show. The girl spent about a thousand dollars. Do you feel guilty?

Blake: I do (laughter). But, her mother should tell her not to spend a thousand dollars! When I watch TV or movies and admire the wardrobe, I’d go to “Forever 21” and make my own version of those clothes. If you go to our website or look at magazines, they show you ways to get Serena’s look for less. I don’t pay all that money for Serena’s look. I’ll take an idea and say, “I like what Serena wears, but they’re really expensive,” so I’ll do Serena’s look for less. I’ll just treat myself every now and then.

Do you keep clothes from the show?

Blake: Yes, I definitely do (laughter). Clothes go missing!

Penn: Yes, the reason we do the show for less is because we get all the clothes for free (laughter).

Blake: No. Sometimes I borrow, and sometimes I don’t give them back (laughter). But, I also share my clothes with the show. I share handbags—Chanel, Burberry and Gucci. It’s great that we have a look that is classy. Blair and Serena dress with such class and elegance for young women. It’s nice not to be wearing midriff tops, with our chests busting out. If girls want to emulate our characters’ style, that makes me happy, because it’s a very classy look!

E-mail rvnepales_5585@yahoo.com, and read his blog, “The Nepales Report,” on The Nepales Report.
Source

Latest V i d e o s

Blake on Martha via Sendspace (131mb)
Megaupload
Dailymotion - Blake Lively on The Martha Stewart Show

Blake Lively on "Live with Regis & Kelly" Part 1 Part 2 - (8/05/08) - Download via Rapidshare - Blake on Regis & Kelly (87mb)

YouTube - The "Traveling Pants" talk to ML

YKYLM-MEDIA.ORG | Your source for Gossip Girl media | Part of YouKnowYouLoveMe.ORG�� Blake Lively at the Teen Choice Awards 2008

YKYLM-MEDIA.ORG | Your source for Gossip Girl media | Part of YouKnowYouLoveMe.ORG�� Blake Lively on E! News Red Carpet (08.04.08)

YKYLM-MEDIA.ORG | Your source for Gossip Girl media | Part of YouKnowYouLoveMe.ORG�� Gossip Girl @ Teen Choice Awards 08.04.08

Dailymotion - Cast of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants on TRL

TSOTTP2 Cast on TRL - Sendspace (79mb)

Last edited by satisfy the crave; 11-01-2008 at 07:38 PM
Old 11-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll be updating the OP after I get back.

This is what I said in the last thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjames23 (View Post)
I really have no idea why they don't like her. I just don't understand. I mean seriously, Blake's the nicest person.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the thread

I don't get it either
I mean, I love their recaps but I don't understand why they dislike Blake so much.

The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.
~ Coco Chanel
Old 11-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Penn Badgley

Thanks for the new thread

One word, JEALOUS!
Old 11-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jealous of what exactly? Like I really don't get how those people think. I mean okay, if Blake threw cake on your face, fine, you can hate her. But Blake is really one of those people that you can't help but like. Everyone who's met her says this.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Penn Badgley

A lil spoilery

YouTube - Gossip Girl's Stars on the Us Weekly's Red Carpet
Old 11-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks Lau
Seriously, those people in the background need to shut up and let us listen

~ Coco Chanel
Old 11-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Elite Fan

Gawker sighting

Blake and Penn
Madison Ave
Spotted: S and Lonely Boy, enjoying the Liverpool game at Nevada Smiths.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks

~ Coco Chanel
Old 11-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Spotted: Blake Lively At The Voting Booth!
My fashion spies tell me that Gossip Girl's Blake Lively was standing in line at a West Village polling place around 10:30 this morning, dressed in a navy coat with brass buttons and a skirt with tights, ready to cast her vote. Sounds very patriotic/Serena Van Der Woodsen indeed, no?
Slaves to Fashion: Fashion: glamour.com
Old 11-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks
I'm glad she voted

~ Coco Chanel
Old 11-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Elite Fan

glad she voted hehe
thanks.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Spotted: Blake Lively Doing Her Civic Duty
Blonde bombshell Blake Lively lined up to cast her ballot this morning at 75 Morton Street in Manhattan's West Village. We bet she’s voting for Lonely Boy. xoxo Gossip Girl
Old 11-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Loyal Fan

does this mean she lives around the west village?
they give you zones near where you live to vote.

eta: thanks for that picture! ew the paps were probably waiting for her to leave the house

Last edited by ithinkyellow; 11-04-2008 at 05:41 PM
Old 11-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Ultimate Fan

She looks so young and fresh without all the makeup.