Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2003, 11:28 AM
Addicted Fan

I imagine they are going through a weeding-out process. I'm sure it would be too much work to monitor the traffic on all the threads all the time, so after this week we're probably safe until they start weeding out again.
Old 12-08-2003, 01:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Crossbow:
<STRONG>I imagine they are going through a weeding-out process. I'm sure it would be too much work to monitor the traffic on all the threads all the time, so after this week we're probably safe until they start weeding out again.</STRONG>
Crossbow, that's how I understand it as well.

This week is just to weed out the boards that are really, really low in posting numbers.

I don't think this is currently a problem for the board, but I posted that little announcement as reference/reminder for the future of the board.

Also, I just wanted to take this time to thank all of you who are supporting this board. It really warms my heart to know that you all care so much. This is the first board I ever modded here at FF and I don't know what I'd do if it were ever deleted.

Come visit the WWE/Wrestling Board

When we're free to love anyone we choose
When this world's big enough for all different views
When we all can worship from our own kind of pew
Then we shall be free
Old 12-08-2003, 04:10 AM
Addicted Fan

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I like this board because it has that kind of laid back atmosphere, and moves at a nice pace. Some of the other boards on FF are so fast moving and hectic I find it hard to keep up! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2003, 09:03 AM
Addicted Fan

And people don't argue here.

I just had a thought. How about a "Random Thoughts" thread, or a "What's going on right now" thread, instead of an OT thread. I was just sitting here typing something in one thread, and this huge squirrel just fell off my roof and landed in front of me. There's no one home for me to laugh about it with, so I just put it in what I was already posting, but it sounded totally random.

I had a "Random Thoughts" thread on another board, and it was a big hit.

[ 12-08-2003: Message edited Crossbow ]
Old 12-08-2003, 06:46 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

Carrie99, I'd be lost without this board and wanted to take this opportunity to thank you and jjt for being such great mods. [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

Crossbow, I agree. I have had times when I disagreed with someone about a particular book, but it never turned into a fight and we agreed to disagree- which I thought before was totally unheard of on any 'net community. I think a random thoughts thread would be great. I've had times (like today) when I had some random, non-book related news to share with my FF friends. Aw, that's cute about the squirrel. I saw a really fat one today too in the hospital parking garage and it looked cute sitting on the railing. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2003, 04:58 PM
Addicted Fan

I just had to quit as moderator of a message board because the fighting was just out of control all the time. They'd fight about ANYTHING.
"I like blue."
"Blue sucks! Yuo must be a complete idiot!"
And it was supposed to be a "support" community. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

OK, I'm starting a random thoughts thread. I hope it helps - I see there are very few posts from yesterday and only a couple from today. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2003, 08:54 AM
Addicted Fan

How did we do?
Old 12-14-2003, 05:34 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

I did my own tally and I think we had over 200 posts in the past week. [img]smilies/jaw_drop.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2003, 01:01 PM
Addicted Fan

[img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2003, 02:04 PM
jjt
Master Fan

200 sounds good .. but it's about half of what books used to run. Say 7 months ago .. books ran around 50 posts a day.

But since the crash and the spin off boards for LOTR, HP, and Comics we'd been around 30 most days. And ran around the same over the testing period. But all that was counting games threads, which weren't going into the final counts last I heard.

The most recent update on board status by admin was last pm .. and that was that the tally counts were done and the results sent to Goldenboy to go over. After he makes his decision then they'll close boards and recheck traffic every three months or so to make sure boards stay active.

But I'm quite proud of the showing we made over the last week. With the holiday season here and the flu rampant it could easily have been a poor showing.
Old 12-15-2003, 05:15 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

My tally didn't include the games or OT threads and I believe we got to 75 posts the very fist day of monitoring. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

It's sad, since the two big crashes a lot of regulars are gone. I see a few of them still posting on other boards, but most are MIA. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2003, 12:45 PM
Master Fan

I used to post a ton, all over FF -- now I really only post on the Books board, and the Webmasters board when I'm having computer troubles. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
--Rachel
Old 12-16-2003, 04:35 PM
Addicted Fan

After that last big crash when a bunch of people defected to MB, I assumed they'd all come running back, but too many stayed. Most of the people I was friends with still post in both places, though.

Well, I hope we made the cut. It sounds like we did. This is a really slow time of year, since most people are students and it's exam time in most of the Northern hemisphere, so I think we did great.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:42 PM
Ultimate Fan

I hope we survive! 200 seems decent for holiday season.
Old 12-16-2003, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Crossbow:
<STRONG>After that last big crash when a bunch of people defected to MB, I assumed they'd all come running back, but too many stayed. Most of the people I was friends with still post in both places, though.
</STRONG>
I can tell ya that there aren't that many people posting at the books board at MB, there's less than there are here definitely.

Yeah I think we did pretty good for this time of year. Thanks guys. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Come visit the WWE/Wrestling Board

When we're free to love anyone we choose
When this world's big enough for all different views
When we all can worship from our own kind of pew
Then we shall be free
Closed Thread   Post New Thread