Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2021, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)
I have one book wish.

Tackle my TBR
I don't know which books I'll get with any gift card I get.

Did Elvira get her name from the above song?
Old 12-20-2021, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)

Didn't expect that voice from that insurance salesman looking man.
Richard worked in a mens clothing store when he was young, so he learned to appreciate fashion, and always wears a suit coat on stage.
Old 12-20-2021, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

December 21: Books I Hope Santa Brings/Bookish Wishes

Ummm......
Old 12-20-2021, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It’s nice to see men dress up nice because I feel these days they just put on jeans and a t-shirt and get away with looking like slobs while women dress up.
Old 12-20-2021, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyFan (View Post)
Richard worked in a mens clothing store when he was young, so he learned to appreciate fashion, and always wears a suit coat on stage.

December 21: Books I Hope Santa Brings/Bookish Wishes

I have no idea what I want Santa to bring. I have too many books to be honest and so I'll express my wish: to put a dent in my TBR. This will be a short list on how to tackle it. Theoretically. This is a wish list after all. I'm not sure I can even realistically accomplish it.

1) I recently separated my book piles by genre. I think, depending on my mood, I should rotate my choices as my next book. Like I can't read two books from the same pile in a row. My next book has to be from another genre pile. I've got YA, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, History, Bio/Memoir, ebook, NYCC/Book Con, classic fiction, and Star Wars.

2) Take on 2 books a week. Meaning I try to read one physical or ebook a week and listen to one audiobook a week. So I would listen at work and read on the commute. This might be too far fetched. This might be the most fantastical wish I ever made, lol. I'd be surprised if actually keep this one up for a lengthy period of time. If I did accomplish this then I would read close 100 books a year. And put a huge dent in my TBR. But this all is dependent on how busy I am at work that particular week and how tired I am on the commute.

To Be Read/Listened:
Approximately 80 physical books
Approximately 200 audiobooks
Approximately 21 ebooks.

3) Here's a rule I should make for myself. Instead of buying new books, borrow from the library. For instance, the sequel(s) to an ongoing series or trilogy. I have a few first in a trilogy/series books on my TBR and if I get sucked in, instead of buying just borrow. Who knows if I will like the sequel?

Also, I am running out of room. So it better be drop dead awesome for me to make space for the trilogy/series. Which brings me to...

4) I wish to make enough of a dent in my TBR that after I read it I sell/give away my physical books. I can't keep it if I just liked it and will never read it again. I recently sold some to sell your books. com. I do have a lot of ARCs from conventions that I can't sell and will look for Little Free Libraries to leave them in.
Old 12-21-2021, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A good plan.

Maybe I should try an audio book this year. I tend to want to re-read a page, and study what is written, so that may not work well with me.
Old 12-21-2021, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
To Be Read/Listened:
Approximately 80 physical books
Approximately 200 audiobooks
Approximately 21 ebooks.
So many audiobooks

For anyone who is new to audiobooks, I would suggest getting books you've already read and are familiar with, so if you drift off it won't matter because you know the story very well.
Old 12-21-2021, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
A good plan.

Maybe I should try an audio book this year. I tend to want to re-read a page, and study what is written, so that may not work well with me.
Yea. I use the rewind button and bookmark notes.

Quote:
For anyone who is new to audiobooks, I would suggest getting books you've already read and are familiar with, so if you drift off it won't matter because you know the story very well.
That's how I started.
Old 12-22-2021, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Rewind is important.
Old 12-22-2021, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

December 28: Best Books I Read In 2021

I didn't keep a list.
Old 12-22-2021, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Are you able to remember off the top of your head what was read?

I like keeping lists.
Old 12-22-2021, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
December 28: Best Books I Read In 2021

I didn't keep a list.
If it sticks out in your memory and you liked it, then that is your list.

I like this one because I get to copy and paste.
Old 12-23-2021, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love copy and pastes.
Old 12-23-2021, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's the holidays and no time form searching. Just c & p.
Old 12-24-2021, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

what if you didn't love, love any books you read in a year?